Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log

Go down 
+21
_Shadowcat_
Keon
The Schmetterling
Saravanth
hyperlite
Hierarch CMA
Tau
Tell
TinkerPox
Hierarch Fenway
Groot
Joel
MrTargareyan
Tiel+
Ivan2006
Laserbilly
Caramell
Iv121
fr0stbyte124
Soul of Jack
Last_Jedi_Standing
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 11:13 am

I would have the texture to show you, but the Techne file failed to save, and the .png corrupted, losing me hours of work....

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 11:24 am

You're gonna make all the textures, right? Like, all the Red/Green/Blue squadron ones, and the ones for all the individual Rogues and Wraiths, and the ones some of the Jedi flew in the YVW, and then the later ones from the GCW2, and all of the others?
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 11:31 am

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
You're gonna make all the textures, right? Like, all the Red/Green/Blue squadron ones, and the ones for all the individual Rogues and Wraiths, and the ones some of the Jedi flew in the YVW, and then the later ones from the GCW2, and all of the others?
I was just doing red five, and it was a bloody good one, but its gone, which is really annoying, that was the first half decent texture I'd done

you have no idea how fucking annoying this is
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 12:24 pm

just by an off chance does anyone know of some magical way to repair a .png file?
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 12:49 pm

Repair how? It depends on what's actually wrong with it. You said it was corrupted?
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 2:32 pm

Repair how? It depends on what's actually wrong with it. You said it was corrupted?
Well it won't open with anything, so it's probably corrupt.

Oh well I'll just start again, it's a shame as it was a damn good skin, but if I can do it once I can do it again, just give me another 6 hours
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 3:00 pm

Prototype, rename the file with something like a .pdn extension, or maybe jpeg, or something. (Like RedLeader4.pdn). It may work, but I dunno.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 3:01 pm

Quadraxis wrote:
Prototype, rename the file with something like a .pdn extension, or maybe jpeg, or something. (Like RedLeader4.pdn). It may work, but I dunno.
tried .jpg and .bmp already, haven't done .pdn (and it's red five, not red leader)

but I'm honestly clueless as to why it went corrupt.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 3:15 pm

I had the same problem with paint.net at one point. Broke one day, randomly fixed another day. I dunno.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 3:17 pm

Paint.Net works fine for me, just this particular file.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 4:24 pm

ok this time I'll save a load of backups, and in the event my computer contracts retard again, I'll put a backup here:

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 4 X_wing

knowing my luck the Techne file will corrupt too, but I've taken care of that.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 4:27 pm

I may go and make a @#$% ton of skins for individual X-wings. Maybe enough to make a whole pack of my own, if you'll let me use your model.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 4:33 pm

I may go and make a @#$% ton of skins for individual X-wings. Maybe enough to make a whole pack of my own, if you'll let me use your model.
Sure thing, I can shoot you the Techne file, the .class and a blanked texture map + my own for guidance. The one I am doing now is of the famous red five, so it's your standard X-wing, but you probably want to make a cleaner version (red five was designed to look used and worn, for those that don't know)

But one word of warning, texturing this thing is an absolute bitch, and I mean it, you have 95 individual parts (I cheated on the blasters and made them all use the same area)
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 4:40 pm

Prototype wrote:
But one word of warning, texturing this thing is an absolute bitch, and I mean it, you have 95 individual parts (I cheated on the blasters and made them all use the same area)
Cool. I appreciate that. I think I can deal with the texture; they'll all have most of their parts in common. I may end up making a cleaner one, but then they'll all use that as a base texture (the vast majority are painted in mostly the same way) and I'll just have to change the parts that are painted differently, like the wings and a bit on the fuselage. The entire Red Squadron, for instance, is the same except for the differing number of bars on the wings. Ones like the Wraiths/Rogues will be harder, because they all painted their own fighters however they felt like it, but it should be manageable.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 4:43 pm

Just remember to back it up twenty thousand times... Every time you make a change... Just in case...
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 4:50 pm

On a somewhat related note, are you using Manus's landing gear and opening cockpits and stuff?
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 4:53 pm

On a somewhat related note, are you using Manus's landing gear and opening cockpits and stuff?
I have no idea how that works yet, I'm waiting for Flan to release .6.2 which massively overhauls stuff before I start looking at that. If you are asking me to make the S-foils change position, that's easy, all I need to to is copy the shapes, but remove the angle on them (they are all set from the same point with offset) and its done.

It is implemented in the 2.3.2 version, but that is all very likely to change slightly, so I'm waiting for the big release (and I mean big, Flan has totally overhauled it)
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 5:05 pm

Prototype wrote:
I have no idea how that works yet, I'm waiting for Flan to release .6.2 which massively overhauls stuff before I start looking at that. If you are asking me to make the S-foils change position, that's easy, all I need to to is copy the shapes, but remove the angle on them (they are all set from the same point with offset) and its done.

It is implemented in the 2.3.2 version, but that is all very likely to change slightly, so I'm waiting for the big release (and I mean big, Flan has totally overhauled it)
No, I meant actual landing gear, not the S-foils. I'm pretty sure some of Manus's planes actually have retractable gear now instead of just having two versions of the same vehicle, but I never did get Forge working with 1.6.2, so I haven't installed Flan's in a while (I know it's not updated, but having it not work kinda sapped my motivation to just go do it on the old launcher).
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 5:08 pm

Gear would be easy to add as the model is Techne, it also might make sense If I made the S-foils switch positions with the landing gear, because at the moment the model rests on the guns.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 5:13 pm

Manus's recent patch notes say that he's added a button to extend/retract landing gear and a button to change the wing position (he has planes with folding wings). Those would be perfect for an X-wing. If you made it so you took off with the wings in flight position and then could press a button to set them to attack position, you would officially have done a better job on X-wings that Star Wars: Battlefront. My guess is that you wouldn't be able to keep people from landing while in attack position, or change where the beams come from while in flight position, but it would still be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 5:15 pm

I forgot about the wing position function, but I don't think that's in 2.3.2
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 5:39 pm

Prototype wrote:
I forgot about the wing position function, but I don't think that's in 2.3.2
Manus's patch notes say it's in the 1.5.1b version for 2.3.2, the most recent one released.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 8:06 am

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 4 2013_08_23_13_05_22

Red five standing by
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 8:21 am

Prototype wrote:
Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 4 2013_08_23_13_05_22

Red five standing by
That.. looks awesome..I want one.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 9:28 am

That looks cool, GJ Smile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log
Page 4 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next