Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Vinyl's Temporary Ship Thread

Go down 
+3
Joel
Tiel+
Commander Kobialka
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

Vinyl's Temporary Ship Thread Empty
PostSubject: Vinyl's Temporary Ship Thread   Vinyl's Temporary Ship Thread Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 10:44 pm

I was bored and reorganized my desktop and found Minecraft again.

Succi-Class Frigate:
Spoiler:

Hound-Class Frigate:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Vinyl on Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl's Temporary Ship Thread   Vinyl's Temporary Ship Thread Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:10 am

im sorry i cant seem to remember what Minecraft even is. I've been way to caught up with KSP and Left4Dead.

*checks desktop

hm. Minecraft. Would ya look at that...

Good ships btw.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl's Temporary Ship Thread   Vinyl's Temporary Ship Thread Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 7:55 am

Commander Shane Kobialka wrote:

Good ships btw.
>Implying there's more than one ship

Vinyl's Temporary Ship Thread FFFFFFFF
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl's Temporary Ship Thread   Vinyl's Temporary Ship Thread Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 2:51 pm

Comrade Tiel wrote:
Commander Shane Kobialka wrote:

Good ships btw.
>Implying there's more than one ship

Vinyl's Temporary Ship Thread FFFFFFFF
>Implying the ship is the centerpiece
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl's Temporary Ship Thread   Vinyl's Temporary Ship Thread Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 9:45 pm

So over the weekend I've been on my server building stuff. Yesterday I built the little area with 1-block thick walls, about right now today I took the following the screenshot of all my territory and noticed how much progress I made from an empty, open keep to a walled community with a wharf, mine (the road from the walls farthest from the camera), good and poor housing, multiple stores, and a big ol' fancy keep with a golden roof. I'm impressed with my ability to build so much in only 1 day (I built all of it on my own, including the other road from the walls to one of my friend's houses).
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl's Temporary Ship Thread   Vinyl's Temporary Ship Thread Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 8:07 am

Impressive town you have there. But I challenge you to do better, because you know you can.
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl's Temporary Ship Thread   Vinyl's Temporary Ship Thread Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 6:21 pm

The Schmetterling wrote:
Impressive town you have there. But I challenge you to do better, because you know you can.
I am doing better, I've just been reely busy.
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl's Temporary Ship Thread   Vinyl's Temporary Ship Thread Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 11:19 pm

The following is a ship that will be used in a series of videos following one I am currently in the process of filming, and does not belong to any FC faction. Thusly, it does not follow similar ideas and patterns present in my other builds/ships. It is one of many to be done, and I hope people enjoy it, as well I will take criticism on this and would greatly appreciate it - I want these to look utterly fabulous (however, lore is Russian concrete).

Specifications And Such:

Exterior:

Interior:
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl's Temporary Ship Thread   Vinyl's Temporary Ship Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 6:17 pm

So yesterday I was looking at Colonial CHROME and decided "Hey, I should make some deck plans of some of my less fleshed out ships!" and so I bring to you the first deck plan I can recall making. This is for the Morphon Drive Yards RR-0200 Sijui (the second ship they designed, a scout corvette even though it seems more of a light freighter to me). The non-labeled item at the bottom of them is a rendition of the 'top' of the vessel, its red text reads "Hot" and "MDY".
The Ship:
EDIT: I have just realized I forgot a bridge, but let's just call it that the ship's engines (and thusly maneuvers) are controlled from Ship Systems/Engineering. Also no escape pods because a smallcraft can easily fit in the cargo spaces and its not intended to engage in combat, ever and if you do for some reason want to bring one of these to an engagement, then fit some guns on it yourselves. And besides, this was devised before space combat was really even a thing.
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl's Temporary Ship Thread   Vinyl's Temporary Ship Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 10:25 pm

So I made another deck plan from another ship in the same universe as the above one. This is one is thinner and actually shorter than the other but due to the lack of space from the 3 bays, more had to be crammed into the available decks. Although, this does open up the possible for extensive modifications. The central walkways are only there to allow for more room in the bays, and when a Warp Pillar is in use they are raised so as to not be destroyed or destroy the Pillar. The text reads "Danger".
Here Ya Go:
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl's Temporary Ship Thread   Vinyl's Temporary Ship Thread Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 9:56 am

Cools. Vertical ships. I feel like I should make one of those.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl's Temporary Ship Thread   Vinyl's Temporary Ship Thread Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 10:06 am

Fleet Admiral Error wrote:
Cools. Vertical ships. I feel like I should make one of those.
They still look normal from the outside, but on the inside the 'up'-direction is oriented prograde, allowing for you to turn down/off artificial gravity when fireing the engines.
In contrast, on a 'classic' orientation where the 'up' direction is lateral to the accelleration, the artificial gravity not only has to create downward gravity but also generate a (variable ammount of) forward-facing force in order to counter engine thrust, ultimately ending up with the need for artificial gravity units capable of changing the direction of force while on prograde-up-ships the ony thing that needs to change is artificial gravity power and polarity (if the ship accelerates with over 1g), making it easier to produce and therefore cheaper, freeing up money for primary functions.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl's Temporary Ship Thread   Vinyl's Temporary Ship Thread Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 10:46 am

Ivan2006 wrote:
-ninjasnip-

..which is why they're cool.
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl's Temporary Ship Thread   Vinyl's Temporary Ship Thread Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 7:19 pm

Fleet Admiral Error wrote:
Ivan2006 wrote:
-ninjasnip-

..which is why they're cool.
Back to top Go down
Luna
Recruit
Recruit
Luna

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl's Temporary Ship Thread   Vinyl's Temporary Ship Thread Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 7:35 pm

Vertical.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vinyl's Temporary Ship Thread   Vinyl's Temporary Ship Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vinyl's Temporary Ship Thread
Page 1 of 1