Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log

Go down 
+21
_Shadowcat_
Keon
The Schmetterling
Saravanth
hyperlite
Hierarch CMA
Tau
Tell
TinkerPox
Hierarch Fenway
Groot
Joel
MrTargareyan
Tiel+
Ivan2006
Laserbilly
Caramell
Iv121
fr0stbyte124
Soul of Jack
Last_Jedi_Standing
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 4:29 pm

Don't think I could turn that into a model, I'd preferably need elevation, front and rear views
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 4:38 pm

The Best I Could Do Based On My Findings:
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 4:39 pm

That looks a bit like the old AR-12

Perhaps I should make this a seperate thread
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 4:58 pm

Or my nightbat, but neither my nightbat nor this look too great ...
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 4:58 pm

Neither did the AR-12
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 5:01 pm

If you can actually make it out; here is something random, but I don't have rulers or protractors or stuff where I am so its not great.

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 3 10ne428
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 5:03 pm

That could work as a quick to make filler fighter, would be in the same vein as the Gadfly
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 5:27 pm

@Prototype

Here are a few that I would like to see made:
Spoiler:

@Tiel

The only reason that I can think of for you to be so adamantly opposed to my approach is that you have a different goal than I do.
My goal is and has been to help build a Futurecraft community so that when the mod is finally ready to be released, we have a large enough base of interested people to hype it up on the large minecraft forums.
Just think, if we had a community of 100 members, we could have them each make 1-5 usernames for PMC and when the mod was released, it got 300+ diamonds and favorites within its first hour! What if we had 200 members? Or 500? If we had 500 members, all wanting to play Futurrecraft, we could drum up a huge amount of attention on both Minecraft Forums and PMC.
And do you know what the sad thing is? We already had that many members, check the bottom of the main page! But we drove them out by not being as welcoming as we should have been. We only have what, ten active members now? Mack isn't even around anymore. At this point, I don't think we can even afford to demand averageness!
I don't think people post their stuff because they want advice or criticism. I think, for the most part, that they post their stuff because they've made something they're proud of and they want to share it with the rest of us. I believe this because for months I used to include in my comments that if they wanted any advice on their builds they should pm me and I'd be happy to help. I never received a single pm to that effect, so I eventually stopped offering.
Finally, you're being too hard on Vinyl. I've always enjoyed her (his?) builds and I think she's one of the best builders here. The only thing I have to complain about her is that she keeps promising new ships and even showing the beginning of construction but hardly ever finishes. But it's been almost a year and I still haven't finished the Protector, so who am I to judge?

Also, all arguments aside, I wish you would build some more ships! You have a fun and unique style of building, and I'd like to see more of it.
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 6:03 pm

Laserbilly wrote:
Finally, you're being too hard on Vinyl. I've always enjoyed her (his?) builds and I think she's one of the best builders here. The only thing I have to complain about her is that she keeps promising new ships and even showing the beginning of construction but hardly ever finishes. But it's been almost a year and I still haven't finished the Protector, so who am I to judge?
I made most of my ships on Avenger's server, which as most are aware is no longer up. That was the main driving force behind my lack of new ships, and then on my SSP the worldedit wand broke making large things in general more difficult and time consuming. Then along came a whole heap of other things and like most of us forgot about Minecraft near completely. Oh, and it is 'he', contrary to what I had near everyone here believe because I'm a sociopath.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 6:06 pm

Laserbilly wrote:

@Tiel

The only reason that I can think of for you to be so adamantly opposed to my approach is that you have a different goal than I do.
My goal is and has been to help build a Futurecraft community so that when the mod is finally ready to be released, we have a large enough base of interested people to hype it up on the large minecraft forums.
Just think, if we had a community of 100 members, we could have them each make 1-5 usernames for PMC and when the mod was released, it got 300+ diamonds and favorites within its first hour! What if we had 200 members? Or 500? If we had 500 members, all wanting to play Futurrecraft, we could drum up a huge amount of attention on both Minecraft Forums and PMC.
And do you know what the sad thing is? We already had that many members, check the bottom of the main page! But we drove them out by not being as welcoming as we should have been. We only have what, ten active members now? Mack isn't even around anymore. At this point, I don't think we can even afford to demand averageness!
If your goal is to be as helpful and friendly as possible, I can completely respect that. Just understand that when it comes to life-changing differences like how many meters long Prototype models his X-wing your opinion inevitably holds less weight as a result.

Laserbilly wrote:
I don't think people post their stuff because they want advice or criticism. I think, for the most part, that they post their stuff because they've made something they're proud of and they want to share it with the rest of us. I believe this because for months I used to include in my comments that if they wanted any advice on their builds they should pm me and I'd be happy to help. I never received a single pm to that effect, so I eventually stopped offering.
I am really finding it difficult to phrase a rebuttal to this, so I'll give you that one.

Laserbilly wrote:
I'm not in any position to rate any minecraft build, I just find from personal experience that anyone can improve with some constructive feedback, so Vinyl's refusal to consider any of it means to me that he's not operating at his full potential.

Laserbilly wrote:
Also, all arguments aside, I wish you would build some more ships! You have a fun and unique style of building, and I'd like to see more of it.
STOP MAKING ME FEEL WARM AND TINGLY INSIDE
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 6:10 pm

Comrade Tiel wrote:
STOP MAKING ME FEEL WARM AND TINGLY INSIDE
I had similar problem and ended up completely rewording my post because of it.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 6:13 pm

I wouldn't call it life changing, and Techne things aren't measure in meters, they are measured in blips, thought the actual X-wing Luke sky walker piloted was 41 feel long, but I can't really translate that exactly, so I just give it the same proportions.

And shit I realised I forgot to sign out of Skype when I posted the screenshot, don't spam me
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 6:17 pm

Prototype wrote:
I wouldn't call it life changing, and Techne things aren't measure in meters, they are measured in blips, thought the actual X-wing Luke sky walker piloted was 41 feel long, but I can't really translate that exactly, so I just give it the same proportions.

You hear that whooshing noise? It's kinda quiet, but it's there - you can feel the sensors on the nape of your robotic neck recognize a distinct air pattern buffeting your upper exoskeleton. Yeah. That's the sound of the joke going right over your head.
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 6:30 pm

Prototype wrote:
And shit I realised I forgot to sign out of Skype when I posted the screenshot, don't spam me
What I want to know is why you're talking to hyper on Skype.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 6:32 pm

Vinyl wrote:
Prototype wrote:
I wasn't
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 6:57 pm

Prototype wrote:
Vinyl wrote:
Prototype wrote:
I wasn't
I swore it said hyperlite the first time I read it.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 6:58 pm

Laserbilly wrote:
Ok Jedi, let's try to put things into context. Prototype is helping out one of the dozens of Star Wars mods for Minecraft by providing an improved model of an X-Wing.

Minecraft is a game where this:

<snip>
Passes for this:

<snip>
(I couldn't find an image with all three in it, so I combined the sheep and the pig. Gimme a break)
That's one of my least favorite aspects of Minecraft. I've always been much more appreciative of mods like Flan's, or Battlecraft, or the Ancient Warfare mod, or the Dalek mod, or the Ocean Life Expanded mod, or the koi mod, that do a much better job modeling things than vMC does. I very much hope that FC is one of those mods.

Laserbilly wrote:
this boring, played-out project, and move on to making something cool, interesting
The gesture I'm making right now doesn't translate very well to text, and is in any case not forum-appropriate. Don't knock the X-wing.

Prototype wrote:
Also, Manus, for some reason, never made an X-wing, I believe he attempted it (there are a few hints), but probably dropped it for something else. This means that there has been a huge lack of X-wings among the Flan's community (and in Minecraft in general), having this in the cover photo, would theoretically draw in so many more people than what I currently have, purely because this is the starfighter, people will want it, they have TIE fighters and Viper MKIIs from Manus, but if they want the X-wing, they come to us.
The only problem with that is that that isn't necessarily the best message to be sending with the Futurecraft content pack. Making an X-wing is all well and good, but attaching the FC name to it makes me a bit nervous, for exactly the same reasons Taco's this-is-totally-not-the-gun-from-Halo gun did. We (I hope) won't be including X-wings in Futurecraft itself, so I'm not sure why there's one in the FC pack. The Phalanx is the same way, I guess, but it's so much less recognizable than the X-wing that I think it matters less. I worry about the FC pack becoming less about FC and more of a generic Flan pack, albeit a science fiction themed one.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 9:11 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
this boring, played-out project, and move on to making something cool, interesting
The gesture I'm making right now doesn't translate very well to text, and is in any case not forum-appropriate. Don't knock the X-wing.
Lol, I knew you'd have to rise to that bait! But I wasn't "knocking" the x-wing, I'm aware of how iconic it is in sci-fi "history." It's just that science fiction has so much more depth, and it's disappointing to see Prototype wasting (my opinion) his time making "just another x-wing" model rather than something original or least less over-played...

Comrade Tiel wrote:

If your goal is to be as helpful and friendly as possible, I can completely respect that. Just understand that when it comes to life-changing differences like how many meters long Prototype models his X-wing your opinion inevitably holds less weight as a result.
Lol, while I agree that if the X-wing's length is anything other than 12.5 meters then Prototype needs to be punished; I don't see how you can justify giving my opinion less weight just because I'm too "helpful and friendly." If you can, I promise I'll try to stop being nice to you... Smile 

Vinyl wrote:
I made most of my ships on Avenger's server, which as most are aware is no longer up. That was the main driving force behind my lack of new ships, and then on my SSP the worldedit wand broke making large things in general more difficult and time consuming. Then along came a whole heap of other things and like most of us forgot about Minecraft near completely. Oh, and it is 'he', contrary to what I had near everyone here believe because I'm a sociopath.
Ah, so you're boy...sorry for the wrong assumption. I guess there are more important things in life than amusing me with a new ship every other week, I just can't think of any...
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 10:15 pm

Laserbilly wrote:

Lol, while I agree that if the X-wing's length is anything other than 12.5 meters then Prototype needs to be punished; I don't see how you can justify giving my opinion less weight just because I'm too "helpful and friendly." If you can, I promise I'll try to stop being nice to you... Smile
You misunderstand the point. Your feedback is explicitly designed to, as you put it, 'build the community' and 'encourage works of art', or as I would put it, making the author feel good. This is all fine and dandy, but when it comes to critique such a method is frivolous at best, potentially harmful at worst.

Let me provide you an example of the former - if Bob, hell, let's say Revan, recreates a spaceship and misses out on several crucial details, and gets two reviews of nothing but praise for the sake of encouragement, but one that points out said flaws, which end of the spectrum do you think he's going to be more likely to listen to? It's a hobby, but frankly, I think everyone here wants to be better at what they do - be it copying spaceships from other franchises or designing them from scratch. If that wasn't the case we might as well just have a gallery with only a tidy little thumbs up icon for an interface. Misinformation, even to build confidence, doesn't really help anyone in this scenario; it just gets in the way of the suggestions people need to improve their end product. Sorta like IGN, except instead of money you're compelled to be positive by your friendly outgoing character.

I have no problem with your personality, I find issue with how you allow it to dictate your responses to always be optimistic, sometimes overly so. A guaranteed constant always holds less weight than a variable.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 4:27 am

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:

The only problem with that is that that isn't necessarily the best message to be sending with the Futurecraft content pack. Making an X-wing is all well and good, but attaching the FC name to it makes me a bit nervous, for exactly the same reasons Taco's this-is-totally-not-the-gun-from-Halo gun did. We (I hope) won't be including X-wings in Futurecraft itself, so I'm not sure why there's one in the FC pack. The Phalanx is the same way, I guess, but it's so much less recognizable than the X-wing that I think it matters less. I worry about the FC pack becoming less about FC and more of a generic Flan pack, albeit a science fiction themed one.
Yeah, I have realised this, and I'm still a little hesitant to add it.
I mean while the X-wing shouldn't be a centrepiece, I do think it would make a nice little Easter egg or as a tribute, but I probably need to add a lot more before it can be an Easter egg, but I could always have it somewhere in the background in the cover photo, and not tell anyone the recipient.

But the X-wing, like the Phalanx, is a test, the Phalanx was to see how I could replicate an airframe using only shapes, and X-wing was to see how accurately I could replicate something, and unlike my other tests, they turned out at a decent quality. But there is no reason for me to carry out such tests anymore, so I don't need to rely on we'll established (well not the Phalanx) designs as a benchmark.

As for a generic pack... No, that wing happen, if the Phalanx and the X-wing are the only two non-originals, and put in specifically as tributes or Easter eggs, it shouldn't be a problem providing the rest is all original, so at the moment that would be two non originals against 6 original vehicles (well, the bike is a little generic).

But there is also what you've said, the X-wing is not futurecraft.

I'm a little stuck with this one, do I add it in normally, add it in as a tribute or Easter egg, or just leave it out entirely, maybe put it in when we have more content, and need to get people's attention.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 9:52 am

I'm paraphrasing here:
Comrade Tiel wrote:
Blah blah blah, more arguments...
Ok fine, Tiel. You've demonstrated that what you value and what you believe others are looking for when they come here is different than what I believe they want.
While you're welcome to try, I don't believe you can convince me that your point of view is correct; and I have no desire to try to convince you of my views. I suggest we just drop the subject and keep our opinions of each others' feedback to ourselves.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 12:45 pm

Laserbilly wrote:
I'm paraphrasing here:
Comrade Tiel wrote:
Blah blah blah, more arguments...
Yes, way to act like a 6 year old. You've certainly showed me Neutral

But yes, this thread has been derailed long enough.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 1:49 pm

Oh it all reminds me what someone was telling me a while ago Wink .
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 2:35 pm

If you're referring to Jedi tearing you a new one, no, I'm not seeing any parallels here. I'd much rather be arguing with Jedi than someone who dismisses everything you say out of hand like a bloody child, then turns around and pulls some graceful withdrawal oiskla. It irks me - if you want to end an argument that isn't going anywhere, don't go and put a thumbtack in the message.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 3:54 pm

Comrade Tiel wrote:
If you're referring to Jedi tearing you a new one, no, I'm not seeing any parallels here. I'd much rather be arguing with Jedi than someone who dismisses everything you say out of hand like a bloody child, then turns around and pulls some graceful withdrawal oiskla. It irks me - if you want to end an argument that isn't going anywhere, don't go and put a thumbtack in the message.
I thought it was a harmless joke. But if it offended you that much, I apologize. I don't want to hurt your feelings.
If however, it turns out that you feel that you've overreacted, I have some quotes of yours that I'd love to share. Wink 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log
Page 3 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next