Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log

Go down 
+21
_Shadowcat_
Keon
The Schmetterling
Saravanth
hyperlite
Hierarch CMA
Tau
Tell
TinkerPox
Hierarch Fenway
Groot
Joel
MrTargareyan
Tiel+
Ivan2006
Laserbilly
Caramell
Iv121
fr0stbyte124
Soul of Jack
Last_Jedi_Standing
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 2:18 pm

Christ that was fast.

The arms would have to be the same length (or I could hide tools inside the shoulders) but that would work well, and would be a fairly simple model.

Much appreciated.

Also, if you haven't already, check your PMs, I have a job for you.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 2:04 am

So, just to clarify; if I gave you a techne file of a mech, you would run around in a circle screaming?
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 12:43 pm

The Schmetterling wrote:
So, just to clarify; if I gave you a techne file of a mech, you would run around in a circle screaming?
Depends if it's workable, if you don't build it properly, it's a pain in the ass to implement.

I would rather have blueprints, I find it's better to build from the ground up rather than re work something someone has already made.

Just something else entirely different, as Flan now has working man able turret on planes, is anyone up for a full blown flying Frigate?

It might even be possible to walk around such a thing if hitboxes work in the way I think that do.
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 1:02 pm

Prototype wrote:
Just something else entirely different, as Flan now has working man able turret on planes, is anyone up for a full blown flying Frigate?

It might even be possible to walk around such a thing if hitboxes work in the way I think that do.
Forgive my ignorance, but wouldn't such a big thing cause a bit of lag?
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 1:07 pm

Daynel wrote:
Prototype wrote:

Forgive my ignorance, but wouldn't such a big thing cause a bit of lag?
Nope, I can't make a model big complex enough to start lagging the game more than a smaller model.

In theory it won't cause noticeable lag as it's still a single entity.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 1:41 pm

Something on this scale would have to be coded realy badly for you to start noticing lag. Computers are quite good at math.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 2:43 pm

Anyone wanting to see for themselves can spawn in ten or so of Manus's tanks (the ones with about 200 parts) and tell me I their game crashes.

This might be a viable mega project, so long as I can get these hitboxes done, then it would be perfectly viable, and would not be completely impractical. By the time it would be done, VTOL would be implemented so it would fly ok, and it would pretty much be why every faction in faction Flans servers grinds for (those that run it that is).

I wouldn't start this for a while, but if I was to try it at all, planning can start now.

I'm going to make UGF and SR mechs first, and I'll experiment with HD textures on the rocket pod (which I have to remodel as it was coded differently to the others, and that format is no longer supported).

But if anyone has built a ship in MC that they would like to see turned into a functional entity ship, then talk to me, once I confirm it's logistically possible, I'll probably host a vote as to what I make (it'll be based on a ship someone has made, that way I have the ultimate reference).
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 3:00 pm

Small progress update, all guns (except the rocket pod which has to be remodelled) are now working in 1.6.4.

And I can make planes spawn, but they disappear instantly, much confuse.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 8:27 pm

Prototype wrote:
Anyone wanting to see for themselves can spawn in ten or so of Manus's tanks (the ones with about 200 parts) and tell me I their game crashes.

This might be a viable mega project, so long as I can get these hitboxes done, then it would be perfectly viable, and would not be completely impractical. By the time it would be done, VTOL would be implemented so it would fly ok, and it would pretty much be why every faction in faction Flans servers grinds for (those that run it that is).

I wouldn't start this for a while, but if I was to try it at all, planning can start now.

I'm going to make UGF and SR mechs first, and I'll experiment with HD textures on the rocket pod (which I have to remodel as it was coded differently to the others, and that format is no longer supported).

But if anyone has built a ship in MC that they would like to see turned into a functional entity ship, then talk to me, once I confirm it's logistically possible, I'll probably host a vote as to what I make (it'll be based on a ship someone has made, that way I have the ultimate reference).
How big are we talking? Because I have an army with a few vheciles and mechs that would be awesome to model.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 8:43 pm

Mack, if you want something made just sketch it out like everyone else and proto will get around to it. From what I've seen he has a workflow that externally modeled things tend to fuck up.

Also, I don't think the entity thing is possible. Just my chinese two cents, as it were...seems like if it were that simple there'd be a mod exploiting it by now.
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 9:28 pm

Prototype wrote:
I would put in one of my somethings abouts frigate size, but I think it'd be a tad too big, unless 100-200 block frigates are acceptable.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 2:37 am

Tiel+ wrote:
Mack, if you want something made just sketch it out like everyone else and proto will get around to it. From what I've seen he has a workflow that externally modeled things tend to fuck up.

Also, I don't think the entity thing is possible. Just my chinese two cents, as it were...seems like if it were that simple there'd be a mod exploiting it by now.
It wouldn't quite be one you can walk around in freely, at least not while its moving.

I'll run a few tests with hit boxes once I get planes working properly to see if its feasible or not
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 2:35 pm

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 11 2013_10_25_19_32_51

managed to do a little work today, namely some slight improvements to Omega's model, and some texture editing.

I've also learnt that I have to nerf the ion engine, as I have found that mechs equipped with them can pretty much outrun bullets.

also all guns are in the actual MC pack (not in MCP anymore)

and I'm glad to say dual wielding SR grenade launchers is gloriously OP.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 2:40 pm

Prototype wrote:

I've also learnt that I have to nerf the ion engine, as I have found that mechs equipped with them can pretty much outrun bullets.

and I'm glad to say dual wielding SR grenade launchers is gloriously OP.
It's a Gundam!
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 2:40 pm

I must ask about the design choice to make the head angled but its socket rectangular. Looks kind of odd.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 2:45 pm

Tiel+ wrote:
I must ask about the design choice to make the head angled but its socket rectangular. Looks kind of odd.
I'm trying to use a shapebox to replace the regular box there, just need to remember the parameters I used on the head.

and remember which shape the socket was...

only have 156 to choose from, going to get it right eventually...
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 3:40 pm

Ok, got this head thing sorted, these shapeboxes are actually very useful.

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 11 2013_10_25_20_40_10
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 4:33 pm

Oh hells yes.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 4:34 pm

Looks spitze!
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 7:30 pm

mechmechmech
Spoiler:
I'm actually pretty proud of this one. Not sure what to call it though.
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 8:06 pm

MercurySteam wrote:
mechmechmech
Spoiler:
I'm actually pretty proud of this one. Not sure what to call it though.
Looks like an angry four eyed chicken with cannon arms.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 10:11 pm

Another one, if you don't want to use it for the NSCD then it can be a heavy armor or something

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 4:57 am

The main problem I see with all these mechs is that they are all of the same two legged thingies with cannons instead of hands. You should have more variations in your design, such as the walker types that I like that are just platforms on legs (Arms overrated ! Who needs em if you can just put the cannons right below the cockpit ? Razz ) or maybe drones on wheels and so on so that they won't be repetitive as they are right now.
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 1:53 pm

Iv121 wrote:
The main problem I see with all these mechs is that they are all of the same two legged thingies with cannons instead of hands. You should have more variations in your design, such as the walker types that I like that are just platforms on legs (Arms overrated ! Who needs em if you can just put the cannons right below the cockpit ? Razz) or maybe drones on wheels and so on so that they won't be repetitive as they are right now.
I'm not sure Flans supports that.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 2:14 pm

Im sure he does, a wheeled mech is basically similar to a tank and can be probably classified like that, I also doubt you are forced to add hands to your mechs. Im wondering if floating mechs are possible BTW, they would be really effective in the minecraft terrain as they can easily float above blocks and thus scale standard MC terrain easily (BTW just float not fly, hover above the ground)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log
Page 11 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next