Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log

Go down 
+21
_Shadowcat_
Keon
The Schmetterling
Saravanth
hyperlite
Hierarch CMA
Tau
Tell
TinkerPox
Hierarch Fenway
Groot
Joel
MrTargareyan
Tiel+
Ivan2006
Laserbilly
Caramell
Iv121
fr0stbyte124
Soul of Jack
Last_Jedi_Standing
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 12:04 am

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Unless it changed at some point, an entity can override its normal collision test, but has no knowledge of what the hitbox it is testing against belongs to.
It's been a while, though.  I might have that backwards.
hrm. That makes too much sense.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 4:57 am

Keon wrote:
fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Unless it changed at some point, an entity can override its normal collision test, but has no knowledge of what the hitbox it is testing against belongs to.
It's been a while, though.  I might have that backwards.
hrm. That makes too much sense.
Are you saying ACH has replaced fr0stbyte again?
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 1:03 pm

Well each model is composed of multiple sections, in this case, the Nose, core, tail, right and left wing, and the core, left wing and right wing wheels. Each one of these can have its own hit box, when the hotbox takes too much damage, the part of the model that was tied to it dissapears.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 4:46 pm

Ok, all planes updated.

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 15 2013_12_04_20_43_35

Not going to bother with the land vehicles, as the new physics is awful, and I really didn't like the land units anyway. and Omega makes them all redundant.

Also trying a new texture effect, here it is on the Phalanx:

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 15 2013_12_04_20_22_50
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 4:53 pm

Well **** me gently in the ***, those are amazing.
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 4:57 pm

That texture effect is beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 5:09 pm

Fleet Admiral Error wrote:
Well tell me gently in the ear, those are amazing.
Right?
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 10:07 am

Daynel wrote:
Well tell me gently in the ear, those are amazing.
Right?
Sorry, no. They were censored out of concern for them little children's eyes that (proabably won't) read it.
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 11:06 am

Well stab me gently in the eye, those are amazing.
This one then?
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 11:08 am

Yea all apart from the thingy I designed -.-, I dunno it looks too plain.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 11:59 am

Iv121 wrote:
Yea all apart from the thingy  I designed -.-, I dunno it looks too plain.
That reminds me, I was working on an alternate texture for it, but I think I made changes to the model to allow for them.

I'll see how this new texturing device works on the AF-12, after that I should be able to made a decent texture for the Scythe, as I should be able to give it 3D looking sections that I would normally model in.

I think I'll release what I have here for 1.6.4 (minus the AF-12) as its been a while, and people might spot some bugs in the flight model, and then release the AF-12 and a retextured Scythe later.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 3:08 pm

Ok, applied a temporary texture enhancement to the Scythe

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 15 2013_12_05_19_05_48

just sorting out pilot positions and some texture adjustments for the propellors, then I'll release this version for 1.6.4
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 3:39 pm

and here it is:

FutureCraft flan pack version 3 for 1.6.4

may contain bugs

http://www.mediafire.com/download/je65vsae4onltjv/FC+Pack+V3.rar
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 3:57 pm

Cool. Will try.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 3:58 pm

Oh yeah, it might contain bugs.

and by might I mean it will.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 4:23 pm

Also, ignore the AF12 in there, thats not meant to be there.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 12:00 am

Want some concepts?

E:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 2:12 am

Its a bit too round for MC ...
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 2:24 am

Iv121 wrote:
Its a bit too round for MC ...
Which is why it's a concept sketch and not a working draft.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 2:35 pm

http://adf.ly/aNaKE

Fixed some bugs:

Gadfly no longer causes fatal crash

Rocket pod no longer causes fatal crash

Gadfly now has working rocket pods

Ion engine nerfed
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 12:02 pm

Flan just posted this:

Spoiler:

My response:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 2:55 pm

Proto, tanks.

I could make one for you if need be, but seriously.

Tanks.
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 3:28 pm

Prototype wrote:
Flan just posted this:

Spoiler:

My response:

Spoiler:
THIS IS THE MOMENT WE HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR!!
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 6:03 pm

The Gadfly crashes the game.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 6:06 pm

Correction: All aircraft seem to crash the game on death and the gadfly refuses to move at all.

Only installed mods are the FC Pack, Flan's, and Forge.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log
Page 15 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next