Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log

Go down 
+21
_Shadowcat_
Keon
The Schmetterling
Saravanth
hyperlite
Hierarch CMA
Tau
Tell
TinkerPox
Hierarch Fenway
Groot
Joel
MrTargareyan
Tiel+
Ivan2006
Laserbilly
Caramell
Iv121
fr0stbyte124
Soul of Jack
Last_Jedi_Standing
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 1:01 pm

@MercurySteam
Stop bumping. I deleted the last one you did. There is literally no other activity in this section.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 1:10 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
@MercurySteam
Stop bumping.  I deleted the last one you did.  There is literally no other activity in this section.
:*(
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 1:15 pm

Well if you want relevant content, I did work out how to have quadrupedal mechs, and tested it using a galloping table, but it looks retarded so we aren't doing it.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 2:48 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
It's a problem with the way frustum culling is handled.  It is based off the entity's axis-aligned hitbox, but I think it only checks one of the 8 points.  It might be addressable by tweaking the camera frustum settings during the culling step.
Following up with this nice article.
http://iquilezles.org/www/articles/frustumcorrect/frustumcorrect.htm
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 3:36 pm

Ok, I've been trying to get stuff working with 1.6.4, and so far everything but the planes are working, I'm currently trying to get some advice from SMP.de as to what I'm doing wrong.

But while I've been waiting for that, remember I was on about making a frigate a while ago, well I drew up a potential concept:

Spoiler:
Still need to look into a few more things regarding its feasibility, size isn't a problem as Manus's 747 is already of this scale, but the complexity may call for a much larger texture size, which could cause problems.
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 4:02 pm

That looks bloody amazing Smile
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 8:45 am

don't forget to make the barrels less... round before porting to MC
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 11:56 am

Ivan2006 wrote:
don't forget to make the barrels less... round before porting to MC
Well I can't make them round anyway
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 2:28 pm

Just found my original designs for the AR-12...

Wonder if I can actually make it this time? After all I need a new plane.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 5:37 pm

Well, so far this it turning out a lot better than last time:

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 14 AF12

Still not finished, need to make the landing gears and maybe have the canopy able to swing open, as well as texture and code it (with making those square winglets more wing like). So far I've built it to (hopefully) work properly with 1.6.4, and I can now make the hit boxes in Techne, but that'll be the last thing I do. Might also play around with wing and nose length.

And considering last time I did this it looked like this:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 5:46 pm

That is sexy. It would be even sexier with something pointy or gunz on the canards.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 5:54 pm

MercurySteam wrote:
That is sexy. It would be even sexier with something pointy or gunz on the canards.
Canard guns... Good idea, save for the canard shapes will be done last

But I can always stick some pointy things on the main wings, maybe on the nose, and once the rest is done, it shouldn't be too hard to make a couple of canard guns.

I also appear to have upfucked the right wing, seems I missed a shape swapping from left to right, that big dip shouldn't be there.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 10:04 am

Cools. Very cools.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 12:50 pm

And it appears the plane part of the SMP toolbox is completely broken...

Fuck.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 1:13 pm

Problem solved, carry on.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 5:33 pm

You make me feel privlledged to know you.
Although, the fins on the nose look a bit off.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 5:56 pm

Have you done anything more with mechs?
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 6:06 pm

The Schmetterling wrote:
You make me feel privlledged to know you.
Although, the fins on the nose look a bit off.
The square boxes are placeholders for shapes I'll put in with the code, I just put them there so I don't have to sort out the dimensions and positions later, and if I use a shape box then I can sort their texture out while they are just squares, and it'll be the same texture for whatever shape I add in later.

And Mechs are on hold until I can get planes working, I haven't got any issues with making mechs, I have a lot of issues with planes, and this pack is mostly planes so far. I still can't work out why they are despawning, I've asked Manus if he can let me borrow some of his work so I can see how I need to set it up. My bets is it will be something rather simple and silly, it just always is.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 2:26 pm

Today is good day.

I've finally uncovered the cause of my problem.

You see my previous crashing issue was because I had a propellor defined in the config, but not in the model. As starfighters dont need a propellor, I didn't make one in the model file, and merely set the config to not use a propellor.

I have discovered that the propellor actually defines the engine of a plane, and so when I got rid of the propellor, I got rid of the engine, and it despawns without an engine.

Downside is I need to hide a propellor somewhere.

Le picture:

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 14 2013_12_03_18_22_03
Back to top Go down
Saravanth
Recruit
Recruit
Saravanth

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 2:40 pm

Why not make it a hidden motor-like thing inside the thruster?
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 2:58 pm

Desdenova wrote:
Why not make it a hidden motor-like thing inside the thruster?
At the moment I'm copying the shape data for one of the connections in between the engines, and just not texturing it. It'll spin round, but there will be no texture so you won't see it.

I'm also setting up proper hit boxes for this and the Omega.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 3:13 pm

Now I know you all wanted to know this.

Yes, it will blend

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 14 2013_12_03_19_09_44
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 4:26 pm

Ok, set up the standard flight model for the new physics, and for the first time ever I've given stuff proper hitboxes.

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 14 2013_12_03_20_24_10

oh and landing gear work
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 9:28 pm

Multiple hitboxes? Explain? Does that require multiple entities?
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 9:55 pm

Unless it changed at some point, an entity can override its normal collision test, but has no knowledge of what the hitbox it is testing against belongs to.
It's been a while, though. I might have that backwards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log
Page 14 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next