Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log

Go down 
+21
_Shadowcat_
Keon
The Schmetterling
Saravanth
hyperlite
Hierarch CMA
Tau
Tell
TinkerPox
Hierarch Fenway
Groot
Joel
MrTargareyan
Tiel+
Ivan2006
Laserbilly
Caramell
Iv121
fr0stbyte124
Soul of Jack
Last_Jedi_Standing
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 5:44 pm

Actually, I'm going to replace the rocket pods with flamethrowers. That way it gives the tank good defence against infantry but won't be too OP. plus it means that something like the Gadfly would be quite effective against it as the main turret can only look so far up, the MG gives it a sporting chance, but a well placed strafe run with the Gadfly would pretty much wreck it.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 6:05 pm

Spoiler:

E: You're going to need a bigger gun for a 'mech killer. A much bigger gun.

Last edited by MercurySteam on Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 6:10 pm

MercurySteam wrote:
Spoiler:

The ones with them attached to the sides seems best, but I'm not sure how the rotation of the player and the rotation of the barrels would sync up.

However, flame throwers won't be as big, so I probably won't have to raise the main gun as much, or perhaps just lower the flamethrowers, but that would give the same effect as raising the gun.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 12:51 am

Prototype wrote:
I've taken Mercury's design and made a few tweaks to make it more viable:

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 18 Image
<snip>
Continuing my long-established tradition of pointing out things that look a lot like other things, especially things from Halo, that looks a lot like a Scorpion.
Spoiler:
It's narrower from the front but very similar from the side, especially with the secondary machine gun controlled by a passenger mounted in front of the main cannon.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 1:50 am

MercurySteam wrote:
If you just lower the missile banks on the original design you can preserve the profile. Or you could have the banks farther from the turret and raise the gun only slightly, more Halo Scorpion-ish. Alternatively, could make it a long-range gun carriage and put a larger cannon on it and restrict the turret's movement.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 2:50 am

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Prototype wrote:
I've taken Mercury's design and made a few tweaks to make it more viable:

Spoiler:
<snip>
Continuing my long-established tradition of pointing out things that look a lot like other things, especially things from Halo, that looks a lot like a Scorpion.
Spoiler:
It's narrower from the front but very similar from the side, especially with the secondary machine gun controlled by a passenger mounted in front of the main cannon.

I said that, if the gun was raised, it would look more Scorpion-ish a few posts ago. Proto's looks... a little cartoony (no offense). I'm drawing up another version ATM.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 3:07 am

Ah, splitting it at the front works, and I can just scrap the front MG and have the flamethrowers in the front forks. That stops it looking like a scorpion, and actually fits in with the design style of some of the planes. I won't be able to stick a full interior for anyone in that design, but that's probably better as I can just have the players heads pop out the top like every other tank.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 12:09 pm

Moved all the MCP related stuff onto new laptop, and I'm starting on the tank. Unfortunately I'm not really going to be able to give any previews until its practically done otherwise all I'd be showing you is a block.

In other news, I think I've found a solution to all the unoriginal content in the pack: move it into a completely different pack. However there's not enough to warrant it being a separate pack, but I think I know what I can make to change this:

Spoiler:

Although this means I'll have to add a few things to the main pack, but I still have the AF-12 unreleased, that plus a tank should be enough to compensate.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 4:44 pm

tank looks like a brick so far.

but I have a feeling this one is going to be good:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Hierarch CMA
Infantry
Infantry
Hierarch CMA

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 5:12 pm

Reminds me of a silverfish, looks good.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 6:17 pm

Done a tad more, will continue tomorrow.

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 18 D9_Mechh2
Back to top Go down
TinkerPox
TinkerPox

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 7:13 pm

Hey I have a snow day today and tomorrow and was gonna make a gun I started on the stock and put it at 1.5 GUI scale, but if I put anything else at a different value it changes the stock too, how do I fix this?
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 3:26 am

The GUI scale affects everything, at least I think, I've only made two guns ans they were simple.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 9:30 am

Looking a little more like a prawn:

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 18 Prawn

Going to quickly test the rotations, but MCP is being an penis.

On the plus side, the setup, which usually takes an hour or two on my old PC only takes a few minutes, not sure about recompile speed but it should be faster
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 11:01 am

Kneel before my glorious hat:

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 18 2014_01_07_14_23_37

EDIT: more progress

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 18 BFP

Not looking forward to texturing this,
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 2:14 pm

Bloody Prawns eh?

Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 2:54 pm

THAT MECH HAS A PENIS
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 3:11 pm

MercurySteam wrote:
THAT MECH HAS A PENIS
tail

its a prawn, go watch District 9.
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 4:23 pm

Prototype wrote:
District 9.
NONONONONONONONONONONONONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That film scarred me for life, it is literally the only film I've ever found physically sickening to watch, and I'm a huge horror/violence fan.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch CMA
Infantry
Infantry
Hierarch CMA

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 5:12 pm

MrTargareyan wrote:
Prototype wrote:
District 9.

That film scarred me for life, it is literally the only film I've ever found physically sickening to watch, and I'm a huge horror/violence fan.

...what? That wasn't at all gory IIRC. The only thing that sort of bothered me was the massive over use of the Fug-word.
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 5:19 pm

Hierarch CMA wrote:
MrTargareyan wrote:
Prototype wrote:
District 9.

...what? That wasn't at all gory IIRC. The only thing that sort of bothered me was the massive over use of the Fug-word.

It was the constant milk coloured vomit and the way the guy cutting off his own hand with a fireaxe :3
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 5:20 pm

Actual spoilers inside:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 6:01 pm

MrTargareyan wrote:
Hierarch CMA wrote:
MrTargareyan wrote:
Prototype wrote:
District 9.

It was the constant milk coloured vomit and the way the guy cutting off his own hand with a fireaxe :3

Did you know that when he took control of the mech it drilled two rods into his brain?

Still has the best mech scene in any movie, I mean the suit rivals the Mobile infantry suits in terms of badass.
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 6:01 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Actual spoilers inside:
Spoiler:

It wasn't that it was gory, I just found the whole thing generally nauseating
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 6:03 pm

Left arm done:

Quite tempted to make the pig cannon as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log
Page 18 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next