Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log

Go down 
+21
_Shadowcat_
Keon
The Schmetterling
Saravanth
hyperlite
Hierarch CMA
Tau
Tell
TinkerPox
Hierarch Fenway
Groot
Joel
MrTargareyan
Tiel+
Ivan2006
Laserbilly
Caramell
Iv121
fr0stbyte124
Soul of Jack
Last_Jedi_Standing
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 6:26 pm

Tiel+ wrote:
Correction: All aircraft seem to crash the game on death and the gadfly refuses to move at all.

Only installed mods are the FC Pack, Flan's, and Forge.

Have you got simple parts pack? That would cause the crashing as they use parts from that.

Install it now, the game is crashing because its trying to spawn items that don't exist.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 6:37 pm

Oh and the MMD crashes the game, I don't know why, but Manus has the same problem and he hasn't fixed it yet.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 9:58 am

I can fly the aircraft without issue, but we seem to be missing the NSCD armor boots, SR and UGF uniforms, and Proto, the Omega's FOV from inside is like trying to look through a mail slot, just sayin'.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 11:57 am

Fleet Admiral Error wrote:
I can fly the aircraft without issue, but we seem to be missing the NSCD armor boots, SR and UGF uniforms, and Proto, the Omega's FOV from inside is like trying to look through a mail slot, just sayin'.

Omegas FOV is intentional, it's as expensive as a a proto Titan, but with stats and that rival the much more expensive Alpha Titan (same health, more agile), the reduced FOV helps balance it out. The Omega MKII will have a better FOV, but will be more expensive, but I need to create new parts for it as well.

Also the Uniforms missing was due to an ID conflict with the nerf pack, I must have forgot to put the new link up here:

http://adf.ly/aNeq6
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 5:28 pm

So much yes.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 11:43 pm

I really hope we'll be able to do something about those reload animations. I dunno how that would work though. Custom animations are a lot harder than just making a model to display.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 1:53 pm

Prototype wrote:

So much yes.
I would agree on that.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 4:33 pm

eherm.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 12:54 pm

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 16 1507325_455218997915579_1912367391_o

FFS Flan get some modelling lesson, you could at least just rotate one box for that M16 clip.

Also appears he releases all this on GitHub, I might grab a development build and lend a hand with models.

EDIT:
gone and made a SAW:

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 16 Saw2
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 5:27 pm

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 16 2013_12_17_21_22_19
M249 sent to Flan, and I can say guns will be no problem.

Made it slightly too small so it can be scaled up, and not be massively more detailed than the others.

Did I mention the guns are 3D on mechs too? How about some kick ass Mecha guns?

In fact, this could be used to create different arms on mechs, just model the main mech with no arms, and make the arm models gun models, then equip the mech with them.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 6:08 pm

What's up with the blue magazine?
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 6:15 pm

Tiel+ wrote:
What's up with the blue magazine?

The Saws magazine has always been blue in Flans mod, no idea why though, probably to make the recipient more expensive.
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 6:21 pm

I really need to learn how to turn .java files into .class files.
Or is it possible to use .java files?
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 6:28 pm

Daynel wrote:

You put .java files through MCP to get .class files.

But the .java files that come out of Techne don't work on their own, in this case you need to define what each shape is part of (e.g. Body, win, tail ect.) but the toolbox does a lot of that, even though it doesn't support non deployable guns yet.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 11:52 pm

Daynel wrote:

Woo! I know this!

.java files are plain, everyday text files. Open 'em with microsoft word, whatever, and you'll be able to read them. A .class file is compiled. You can do this in a number of ways. To get class files, you have to compile them using java. There's plenty of ways to do this, but basically: To get minecraft class files, you need to stick em in MCP and reobfuscate them, which basically means turning nice names like "Block.java" into ugly ones like "bA.class" so that bad modders like us can't read 'em. (It's a copyright thing, you have to pretend to be closed source or else you kinda loose rights to sell stuff.)
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 2:16 pm

Two of my models are already in the official modern warfare package.

also I can update the FC pack as Flan develops it, but I'm away for a week as of tomorrow, so unless Flan takes weeks to release this, I probably wont have an update ready for release day.

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 16 2013_12_18_18_13_23
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 2:54 pm

If I were to make a suggestion to you it'd be to focus less on the lamentator and create more land-bound vehicles. Prospective hosts for the FC content pack might be put off by it basically being the swiss army knife of the entire shindig.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 3:34 pm

Flan appearently likes proto's SAWs.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 3:50 pm

Tiel+ wrote:
If I were to make a suggestion to you it'd be to focus less on the lamentator and create more land-bound vehicles. Prospective hosts for the FC content pack might be put off by it basically being the swiss army knife of the entire shindig.

I do need replacements for the land vehicles, Omega works as a temporary solution, but I am aware that I need to actually make replacements for these.

I did have a replacement for the speeder drawn up, but I ended up not making it as Flan released mechs shortly after I designed it. However I think I should add a main battle tank before I add the speeder, and said tank needs to be a total mech killer, because tanks are shite against aircraft, but would be very effective against mechas, the slow speed and low rate of fire would be entirely justified by massive damage to vehicles and heavy armour.

Perhaps it might also be possible for me to make a plane flightless, but have multiple turrets, and have a huge landcrawler thing with multiple turrets.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 4:50 pm

Hey. Hey proto. Hey ptototype.
Spoiler:
uh
Spoiler:
yeah

I can come up with a few MBT and ground vehicle concepts if you'd like, and if you need any new aircraft ideas I can sketch some up, I put an image up a few days ago with two.

How large can the vehicles be? I'm thinking something like a Halo Mammoth with Hitler's railway gun strapped to it for reasons. Then maybe for the mech killer, something like the Storm tanks in BT or the Legion from MCII, sporting one or two PACs or gauss cannon.

It would be neat if Flan added railway systems... Also ornithopters. And jets. And lasers. Helicopters, tiltrotors, bendy mech legs.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 5:06 pm

MercurySteam wrote:
Hey. Hey proto. Hey ptototype.
Spoiler:
uh
Spoiler:
yeah

I can come up with a few MBT and ground vehicle concepts if you'd like, and if you need any new aircraft ideas I can sketch some up, I put an image up a few days ago with two.

How large can the vehicles be? I'm thinking something like a Halo Mammoth with Hitler's railway gun strapped to it for reasons. Then maybe for the mech killer, something like the Storm tanks in BT or the Legion from MCII, sporting one or two PACs or gauss cannon.

It would be neat if Flan added railway systems... Also ornithopters. And jets. And lasers. Helicopters, tiltrotors, bendy mech legs.

Manus made a helicopter flight model, but it never got implemented for some reason.

And we can make things big, but they take longer and tend to be impractical.

But if you have a design for a MBT then hell yes I am in need of those.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Good Job, Proto!   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 3:02 pm

According to http://flansmod.com/content-packs we are the 6th most relevant content pack out there!
That makes proto the third most successful content pack creator with the first to being Flan himself and Manus second.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 3:04 pm

albino 

That rabbit.

Look at him.

Look at that smug grin.

That bastard just took a dump on your parade.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 4:06 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:
According to http://flansmod.com/content-packs we are the 6th most relevant content pack out there!
That makes proto the third most successful content pack creator with the first to being Flan himself and Manus second.

I've got a good chance of overtaking Manus's WW2 pack in the next week. But I still have nowhere near the amount of downloads as him or Flan, by a lot.

Also, I've come up with an idea for the next mech (after the MBT), a cockpit with legs, and two mounting point, where 3D weapon systems can be mounted on.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 4:11 pm

Perhaps You'd like some mech reference draws from me too ? I'd try to find a way to depart from standard mech designs, perhaps a good start ill be to make a bigger mech that is basically a weapons platform. If you can have other people in it I will even add additional turrets to it, making it quite a mech compared to those tinny little walkers Razz .

Also you think it is possible to make flying mechs ? To improve their mobility, allow them to take off and land elsewhere to continue engagement from there ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log
Page 16 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next