Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log

Go down 
+21
_Shadowcat_
Keon
The Schmetterling
Saravanth
hyperlite
Hierarch CMA
Tau
Tell
TinkerPox
Hierarch Fenway
Groot
Joel
MrTargareyan
Tiel+
Ivan2006
Laserbilly
Caramell
Iv121
fr0stbyte124
Soul of Jack
Last_Jedi_Standing
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 4:17 pm

Iv121 wrote:
Perhaps You'd like some mech reference draws from me too ? I'd try to find a way to depart from standard mech designs, perhaps a good start ill be to make a bigger mech that is basically a weapons platform. If you can have other people in it I will even add additional turrets to it, making it quite a mech compared to those tinny little walkers Razz.

Also you think it is possible to make flying mechs ? To improve their mobility, allow them to take off and land elsewhere to continue engagement from there ?

Hovering mechs yes, flying no.

And I still don't think massive mechs are going to play well, for one you'll die every time you get out from fall damage, unless you drive from the feet.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 4:24 pm

Can you lower the mech ? Like crouch ? If not guess they'll have to deal with it, the price of dakka Razz, as for combat capabilities yes it is easier to hit but for this reason it is also sturdier and has much more firepower, it is useful for ground control .
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 4:36 pm

[quote="Iv121"]Can you lower the mech ? Like crouch ? If not guess they'll have to deal with it, the price of dakka Razz, as for combat capabilities yes it is easier to hit but for this reason it is also sturdier and has much more firepower, it is useful for ground control .[/quote

I would have to lower it to the point where I might as well be making a tank.

I don't know if this will actually be a problem though, need Manus to release his mad cat so I can see how it runs.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 4:39 pm

Well to some point it fulfills the role of a tank, I just meant to ask if it can crouch not if it can be 2m tall ...
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 4:50 pm

Iv121 wrote:
Well to some point it fulfills the role of a tank, I just meant to ask if it can crouch not if it can be 2m tall ...
That's how high it might have to be.

Seriously you take damage getting out of an alpha Titan. The hitbox on Omega saves you, but it wouldn't on a bigger mech
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 5:12 pm

Well perhaps giving feather falling boots to the user is a good idea, really that is a limitation of the engine or the mod in our case and so we can't really do much about it nor we should, thats what you get for programming the player to fall through the floor upon existing a mech Razz .
Back to top Go down
TinkerPox
TinkerPox

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 7:00 pm

I have a few inspirational tank pictures if you`d like Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 17 Destro11Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 17 Tanky10
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 2:01 pm

Parachutes. Are they possible?

Also, can we have carriers that hold fightercraft?
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 2:02 pm

Hold on, obscure knowledge time. Does anybody know if you can stand on top of a moving entity, assuming that entity has a flat collision box?
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 2:03 pm

Keon wrote:
Hold on, obscure knowledge time. Does anybody know if you can stand on top of a moving entity, assuming that entity has a flat collision box?
Yes, it is possible, but you tend to fall off as soon as you or the entity move.
at least I think that's how it works.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 2:18 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:
Keon wrote:
Yes, it is possible, but you tend to fall off as soon as you or the entity move.

I was modding a entity that was frozen in place, and I could stand on it jsut fine. What I'm wondering is if I shoved it with constant velocity V0, does whatever stands on it move?
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 2:23 pm

Keon wrote:
Ivan2006 wrote:
Keon wrote:

I was modding a entity that was frozen in place, and I could stand on it jsut fine. What I'm wondering is if I shoved it with constant velocity V0, does whatever stands on it move?
Nope, it would slip away under you.
If you want to make a transport, use seats.
If you want to transport vehicles, sorry, won't work.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 5:59 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:
Keon wrote:
Ivan2006 wrote:
Keon wrote:

Well, there is the entityRiding code. I wonder if I could override that to get multiple people in a thing. Somebody who knows flans, can you have copilots? Edit; there is. Is Flans open source?

Last edited by Keon on Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 6:01 pm

Keon wrote:
Ivan2006 wrote:
Keon wrote:
Ivan2006 wrote:
Keon wrote:

Well, there is the entityRiding code. I wonder if I could override that to get multiple people in a thing. Somebody who knows flans, can you have copilots?

Yep, you can have as many copilots/passengers as you want, but only the pilot flies the plane/tank
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 6:14 pm

Is flan's open source? I want to see if there's an easy way to do something.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 6:19 pm

You could find all this yourself by just downloading the thing..
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 6:26 pm

But then I don't get to keep this forum active Razz

Anyways, I do have the mod, and I did find the github. I should probably stop musing my thoughts aloud. Discuss. (get it? It's ironic, because I said I'd stop, see!)

Anyways, I seriously will stop bugging you all unless I have a model or something.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 6:27 pm

Keon wrote:
Is flan's open source? I want to see if there's an easy way to do something.

https://github.com/FlansMods/FlansMod

All in there.

Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 1:47 am

Prototype wrote:
Iv121 wrote:
Can you lower the mech ? Like crouch ? If not guess they'll have to deal with it, the price of dakka Razz, as for combat capabilities yes it is easier to hit but for this reason it is also sturdier and has much more firepower, it is useful for ground control .[/quote

I don't know if this will actually be a problem though, need Manus to release his mad cat so I can see how it runs.

Can you have it so that it spits you out a certain way? Then you can just have a raised platform where you get in and out.

Also tank
Spoiler:
tank tank tnakt ntakntknaa
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 8:16 am

MercurySteam wrote:
Prototype wrote:
Iv121 wrote:
Can you lower the mech ? Like crouch ? If not guess they'll have to deal with it, the price of dakka Razz, as for combat capabilities yes it is easier to hit but for this reason it is also sturdier and has much more firepower, it is useful for ground control .[/quote

Can you have it so that it spits you out a certain way? Then you can just have a raised platform where you get in and out.

Also tank
Spoiler:
tank tank tnakt ntakntknaa
I think door functions were added recently, but I am not sure if that is just optical or if it can actually effect the hitbox.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 11:05 am

I've taken Mercury's design and made a few tweaks to make it more viable:

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 17 Image

I've had to raise the main turret to allow for the missile banks, which should be passenger controlled, which make it looks less sleek, but I've compensated for that by adding a passenger controlled machine gun to make up for it in Dakka.

My estimates are it'll end up being roughly 4.6 blocks high, 9 blocks long, and 5 blocks wide.

In other words its a big tank with a metric fuckload of Dakka.

I can't access my computer right now, but could someone go into mine craft, build a block 9 long, 4.5 high and 5 wide and stand in front of it and upload a screenshot? Would be much appreciated.

EDIT: revised dimensions from 7 long to 9 long.
Back to top Go down
Saravanth
Recruit
Recruit
Saravanth

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 11:49 am

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 11:55 am

Cheers.

Yeah, those dimension should be ok, the main body will be roughly 2.5-3 blocks high so it should be alright.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 5:13 pm

If you just lower the missile banks on the original design you can preserve the profile. Or you could have the banks farther from the turret and raise the gun only slightly, more Halo Scorpion-ish. Alternatively, could make it a long-range gun carriage and put a larger cannon on it and restrict the turret's movement.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 5:24 pm

MercurySteam wrote:
If you just lower the missile banks on the original design you can preserve the profile. Or you could have the banks farther from the turret and raise the gun only slightly, more Halo Scorpion-ish. Alternatively, could make it a long-range gun carriage and put a larger cannon on it and restrict the turret's movement.

The big turret is supposed to be the mech killer, and the mech moves fast.

But actually, I could just have the turret base stretch forwards to meet the base of the MG, that way it retains the profile more and I can fit the rocket pod gunners in with some ground clearance.

And maybe I could replace the rocket pods with flame throwers, because the main gun could be rendered useless if you have two rocketeers blasting everything.

That and flame throwers are cool, or hot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log
Page 17 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next