Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log

Go down 
+21
_Shadowcat_
Keon
The Schmetterling
Saravanth
hyperlite
Hierarch CMA
Tau
Tell
TinkerPox
Hierarch Fenway
Groot
Joel
MrTargareyan
Tiel+
Ivan2006
Laserbilly
Caramell
Iv121
fr0stbyte124
Soul of Jack
Last_Jedi_Standing
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 3:19 pm

SR mech will be a walker with turrets for arms.

And hands don't work due to how tools are placed.

And Mercury, love those mechs, I'll have to re drawn them in a way that I can replicate them, but I don't have to change as much as these shape box functions are very versatile, and I can do a lot with them.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 3:42 pm

Iv, I do mechs, not mecha, not tanks. Quads are usually just repetitive, esp. with our limited modeling, and too slow and cumbersome to compete against bipeds, but I could draw up a few.

@Proto: I was a little facet-happy with these, I think most of them can be smoothed out without much aesthetic loss.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 3:44 pm

MercurySteam wrote:
esp. with our limited modeling,
Prototype wrote:
these shape box functions are very versatile, and I can do a lot with them.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 3:49 pm

Tiel+ wrote:
MercurySteam wrote:
esp. with our limited modeling,
Prototype wrote:
these shape box functions are very versatile, and I can do a lot with them.
A lot more than I could previously that is, it's still not total freedom, but it's much better than before.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 4:02 pm

Anyway I do want to see new things and you don't have to be the one to draw them (also WTH is mecha or that stuff ...). As a matter of fact if you do a mech or a tank (if you bring that up ...) they are identical in their role as in both cases a human drives a big machine with cannons to combat with, and actually having a rotating turret makes much more sense than an arm, an arm cant shoot backwards for example while a turret has 360 deg shooting arch.

The reason we add these arms is because we are bored of the same old tanks, replace that turret of a tank with a body and arms and you get a mech on wheels or tracks, again breaks the repetitive design, same goes for hovering mechs. On the opposite side of the spectrum you can replace the arms on mechs with turrets, add one below a platform or make a big turret on 4 legs instead like a tank but on legs. This also varies the design.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 4:20 pm

Mecas play so much differently to tanks, they can dual wield, jump, they handle differently, and they are so different to drive than tanks, trust me.

And I am replacing arms with turrets on the SR mech.

As for hovering mechs, well I do love the design of the Neo Arcadian Golems from Megaman Zero, I may do something like that, but first off I want smaller mechs for each faction, then I can make huge faction less mechs.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 4:32 pm

Iv121 wrote:
having a rotating turret makes much more sense than an arm, an arm cant shoot backwards for example while a turret has 360 deg shooting arch.
A mech's entire torso is turreted, the arms just add more freedom and speed.

The reason we add these arms is because we are bored of the same old tanks, replace that turret of a tank with a body and arms and you get a mech on wheels or tracks, again breaks the repetitive design, same goes for hovering mechs.[/quote]The problem with tracked/wheeled/whatever "mechs" is that they look absolutely pants-on-head retarded. By definition mechs are legged. There's plenty of potential variation with bipeds.

Is Flan or someone else working on jointed legs?
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 4:55 pm

Don’t call something retarded just because you don't like it. What mechs you build and how is not my choice, all I can do is to give some advice, and I do want to see you trying to make something new. You have to agree that even the most simple step of adding just two more legs already turns your mech into something memorable and interesting.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 5:10 pm

Iv121 wrote:
Spoiler:
How does a quadraped prove your point about track/wheeled/whatevers.

Last edited by Vinyl on Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:11 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : The fourth leg should be more obvious)
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 5:11 pm

Actually quadruped.

Robotnik:
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 5:17 pm

Vinyl wrote:
Iv121 wrote:
Spoiler:
How does a triped prove your point.
Ill let you figure it yourself Smile .
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 7:43 pm

Iv121 wrote:
Vinyl wrote:
Iv121 wrote:
Spoiler:
Ill let you figure it yourself Smile.
Thats a lot of lifting power and size for such a small amount of dakka.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Rekiin
Admiral Rekiin

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 7:12 am

_Shadowcat_ wrote:
Iv121 wrote:
Vinyl wrote:
Iv121 wrote:
Spoiler:
Solution: Add more dakka
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 12:11 pm

Admiral Rekiin wrote:

I support this message.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 2:15 pm

Admiral Rekiin wrote:
_Shadowcat_ wrote:
Iv121 wrote:
Vinyl wrote:
Iv121 wrote:
Spoiler:
I see a large autocannon and missiles as well as very large exhaust pipes that make me wonder if that thing's engine has ANY efficiency at all.
Solution: replace engine with more efficient/smaller variant, exchange exhaust pipes with jet engines for hovering and fill leftover space with dakka. This should be a heavy artillery mech with its current dakka as secondaries.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 2:18 pm

Lets begin with the fact it walks, lets end with the fact that it wasn't what I talked about at all... Though one way or another that picture managed to do it's job, after all you cant stop talking about it Razz .
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 3:57 pm

Quadruped mechs are a no, the code only allows two legs. 
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 4:43 pm

Prototype wrote:
How much dakka can be fitted on said legs?
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 4:45 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:
Prototype wrote:
Dakka is my middle name.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 4:47 pm

Prototype wrote:
Ivan2006 wrote:
Prototype wrote:
Dakka is my middle name.
How much firepower can you put on a mech?
Back to top Go down
Saravanth
Recruit
Recruit
Saravanth

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 4:52 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:
Prototype wrote:
Ivan2006 wrote:
Prototype wrote:
Dakka is my middle name.
Exactly 72.3
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 4:55 pm

Desdenova wrote:
Ivan2006 wrote:
Prototype wrote:
Ivan2006 wrote:
Prototype wrote:
Dakka is my middle name.
Exactly 72.3
Is that in dakka or metrical shitloads?
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 4:56 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:
Prototype wrote:
Ivan2006 wrote:
Prototype wrote:
Dakka is my middle name.
A lot, I can ramp up the damage and explosion radius of missiles, and make the reload time as short as I want.

But mechs can only hold two guns at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Saravanth
Recruit
Recruit
Saravanth

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 5:00 pm

Daynel wrote:
Desdenova wrote:
Ivan2006 wrote:
Prototype wrote:
Ivan2006 wrote:
Prototype wrote:
Dakka is my middle name.
Exactly 72.3
Is that in dakka or metrical shitloads?
All data is given in imperial micropandas.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 5:04 pm

I wonder proto if it is possible to combine two leg meshes and thus making four legs using 2 slots only, they have to be synced anyway. Im just wondering didn't say you have to build a bot like that, could be hovering for all I know ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log
Page 12 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next