Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log

Go down 
+21
_Shadowcat_
Keon
The Schmetterling
Saravanth
hyperlite
Hierarch CMA
Tau
Tell
TinkerPox
Hierarch Fenway
Groot
Joel
MrTargareyan
Tiel+
Ivan2006
Laserbilly
Caramell
Iv121
fr0stbyte124
Soul of Jack
Last_Jedi_Standing
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 5:13 pm

Iv121 wrote:
I wonder proto if it is possible to combine two leg meshes and thus making four legs using 2 slots only, they have to be synced anyway. Im just wondering didn't say you have to build a bot like that, could be hovering for all I know ...
Nope.

Hovering yes.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 5:18 pm

Yea right you have only one joint point per leg so the other one will sort of end up moving mid air, no way to link it to the body itself nor it will move as a leg in any way ...
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 5:38 pm

Question. What is the maximum size of a mech?

Because if we could have 20 meter tall mechs, I want you to make them, okay?
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 5:55 pm

An NSCD Emporor class Titan equivalent would be epic Very Happy
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 9:40 pm

MrTargareyan wrote:
An NSCD Emporor class Titan equivalent would be epic Very Happy
And I'l laugh when you can't see anything from the cockpit while I punch your legs with my fists of steel. (Cutting trees down with your fists gives you those)
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 10:11 pm

When you don't look directly at a plane in Flan's, does it vanish? I know that was a problem for some large entities I've tested.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 10:51 pm

I'd say max height for a mech should be around 30m. Anything less than, say, five would be more heavy armor than mech. The NSCD platform I drew should be between three and four meters, the other one 10-15.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 10:53 pm

Que Pacific Rim theme music?
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 6:39 am

ACH0225 wrote:
No that movie was awful.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 7:10 am

YOU TAKE THAT BACK!! YOU TAKE THAT BACK RIGHT NOW!!
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 8:58 am

MercurySteam wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:
No that movie was awful.
Oi!

BF Robots vs. BF Monsters. Maybe the plot was meh, but BFR v. BFM!
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 8:37 pm

Fleet Admiral Error wrote:
BF Robots vs. BF Monsters. Maybe the plot was meh, but BFR v. BFM!
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 9:06 pm

Okay there were like fifteen minutes that were good. Then it was just repetitive inefficient punching things and the question of why didn't they use that huge sword thing earlier. And nukes. And poor writing. The movie embodied why I differentiate between 'mech' and 'mecha'.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 9:27 pm

You don't watch it for the storyline, you watch it to see giant mechs fighting giant monsters in HD. It also had a pretty good music score, IMO, or the theme at least.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 9:56 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
You don't watch it for the storyline, you watch it to see giant mechs fighting giant monsters in HD. It also had a pretty good music score, IMO, or the theme at least.
2.5/5 for good CG and mediocre or less-than-mediocre everything else. It was obviously action first, then concept, then other stuff, then writing, and the concept wasn't that well thought-out (robots hitting big things because the big things were killing small things). The writing and plot was cliche within cliche. Its fine that action came first, but there should have been a decent explanation behind it. Its fine that the writing was an afterthought, but it should have at least been a little unpredictable.

It's one of those movies where you've seen the entire thing within the first ten minutes and probably would have been a huge amount of better if they took the time to expand on the ideas behind it, developed the characters, and put some more reason behind the action.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 9:22 am

Spoiler:

Regardless...

I'm crap at drawing, but I might have a few designs for the Strigiforme and other guys' mechs if you want them, Proto.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 11:48 am

Put it this way, I've made things from crap drawings before, namely the AF-15 and Omega
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 9:47 pm

CAN I DESIGN WEAPONS TOO?
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 4:50 pm

MercurySteam wrote:
CAN I DESIGN WEAPONS TOO?
Go ahead, already have Omegas covered, but I'll nee a few for other mechs.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 2:53 pm

No progress, I found this too amusing.

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 13 2013_11_01_18_50_18

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 13 2013_11_01_18_50_11
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 4:13 pm

Robot Centipede when the top one takes a dump.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 8:40 pm

If you look sideways at a flansmod mech, does it vanish? That's a problem with some other big entities.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 11:43 pm

It's a problem with the way frustum culling is handled. It is based off the entity's axis-aligned hitbox, but I think it only checks one of the 8 points. It might be addressable by tweaking the camera frustum settings during the culling step.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 7:45 am

Bunp.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 11:57 am

MercurySteam wrote:
Bunp.
The hell is a bunp.

Apologies for lack of progress, been sorting out UCAS application and haven't had much time, after Wednesday it's out of my hands so I can do stuff then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log
Page 13 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next