Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log

Go down 
+21
_Shadowcat_
Keon
The Schmetterling
Saravanth
hyperlite
Hierarch CMA
Tau
Tell
TinkerPox
Hierarch Fenway
Groot
Joel
MrTargareyan
Tiel+
Ivan2006
Laserbilly
Caramell
Iv121
fr0stbyte124
Soul of Jack
Last_Jedi_Standing
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Saravanth
Recruit
Recruit
Saravanth

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 4:15 am

And now there is no excuse left for not having mechs in futurecraft. I like that.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 7:07 am

Ok, I've finally worked out how to install mods with the new launcher, and so far I think I've worked out how these mechs work. Manus just released the toolbox to work with Mech models, so I'm going to make a few tests, hopefully I'll get it sorted today.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 7:28 am

When I think of it, Manus' Mech's legs look like an AT-ST scaled to the size of an AT-AT...
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 7:59 am

He posted the reference picture a while ago, its not an AT-ST.

and I've now got MCP set up for 1.6.4, but I can't seem to locate Flan's 4.0 source code.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 8:24 am

I am now glad I made my gun textures 64x64

guess I win this one:

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 7 2013_10_13_13_22_44

but the mechs are fugly, something must be done
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 8:31 am

Prototype wrote:
I am now glad I made my gun textures 64x64

guess I win this one:

Spoiler:

but the mechs are fugly, something must be done
Those gun textures are really nice Smile
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 8:37 am

Though from realistic perspective I don’t think a bot needs scopes or grips Razz . I just think weapons for bots should look less like weapons for humans. …
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 8:38 am

Those are just the SR snipers, I will make specific Mech weapons.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 9:38 am

WHAT IV IS TRYING TO SAY IS THAT YOU ARE A LAZY F**K AND THE WEAPONS SHOULD BE 3D LIKE IN FLAN'S PROMO :--DDDDDD
Back to top Go down
Saravanth
Recruit
Recruit
Saravanth

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 9:44 am

Tiel+ wrote:
WHAT IV IS TRYING TO SAY IS THAT YOU ARE A LAZY F**K AND THE WEAPONS SHOULD BE 3D LIKE IN FLAN'S PROMO :--DDDDDD
^ (Although less harsh)
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 10:48 am

Well I did say I don't have the source code for 4.0 yet, so I can't make any 3D guns for the mechs, but if such a thing is possible, there will be a lot.

Edit: ok, Manus has pointed out that I am a moron who doesn't know how to look for stuff, I can get the source code now.

Also I have no idea how to update stuff to 1.6.4, so I might take a while there.

EDIT2: holy crap... I have quite a lot to do.

Edit3: installed it completely wrong, going to have to restart everything
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 4:15 pm

Proto, if your mechs are not on par with Battletech then my jimmies will be quite ruffled. Like 100% 10/10 awesome giant metal killing machines. They have to be perfect or else I will personally come to your house and throat-punch you.

Okay not really but I can draw up some concepts for you if want if I get any free time next week. Or build some (shitty) models in MC.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 4:24 pm

MercurySteam wrote:
Proto, if your mechs are not on par with Battletech then my jimmies will be quite ruffled. Like 100% 10/10 awesome giant metal killing machines. They have to be perfect or else I will personally come to your house and throat-punch you.

Okay not really but I can draw up some concepts for you if want if I get any free time next week. Or build some (shitty) models in MC.
Designs would be helpful, just bear in mind technical limitations (no curves)

And I'll tell you now, my first few are going to be completely crap, in fact I'll make a combat suit before I make a full blown Mech.

As for designs.. So far I have one for the NSCD combat rig:

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 7 Image
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 5:11 pm

Congratulations, you win forever.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 5:16 pm

Something like this for the Strigiforme, I'd imagine.

Spoiler:

Just make sure the knees bend properly, reverse that of humans.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 2:20 am

Knees won't bend, the legs move like normal minecraft legs.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 2:37 am

That is unacceptable!

First priority for Futurecraft is now bendy legs on mechs.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 5:14 am

Well we don't have any legs to begin with , we are using Flan's remember ?
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 5:58 am

Iv121 wrote:
Well we don't have any legs to begin with , we are using Flan's remember ?
We'll get there. One advantage of being 10,000 years old like me is that you learn patience quickly (or slowly, rather). Humans are so impatient due to their short life-spans, but I have all the time in the world... and beyond.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 6:43 am

Legs won't bend? This will look hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 7:32 am

MercurySteam wrote:
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 9:27 am

Tiel+ wrote:
MercurySteam wrote:
Well that's why Im looking forward to it actually Razz .
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 10:57 am

MercurySteam wrote:
At least it'll look better than Flans current mech.

This is also why I'm not too keen on making massive mechs.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 1:59 pm

Prototype wrote:
MercurySteam wrote:
At least it'll look better than Flans current mech.

This is also why I'm not too keen on making massive mechs.
Forgive my bluntness here, but my money is it being the opposite. Pre-bended legs might look even more awkward, to say nothing of other components that will look silly without joint rotation.

When Flan's was thinking mechs, it seems he was developing more to account for stuff like the walkers in 2142 than something out of, say, Armored Core.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 2:22 pm

this was always going to be a problem.

My current leg for the NSCD combat suit is this:

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 7 Leg

now, if it wern't for the fact that the finished thing will be somewhat hunched over (need MCP and flexboxes for the rest of it) then this would look (even more) stupid.

As the UGF and SR suits are going to be more conventional rather than trying to be robots, so I will try straight legs on one of them, and compare it to the bendy leg here.

but the legs dont rotate overly fast, which might make everything less awkward, if they went at the same rate Steve's did, I would bother with them.

But at the end of the day, its going to be awkward anyway, so it might as well look good stood still.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log
Page 7 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 19  Next