Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Futureville Reinvestment Act

Go down 
+13
Groot
kokonus
Soul of Jack
Grand Imperial Thunder
Commander Error
Avenger_7
The Schmetterling
ACH0225
Thel Vadam
Joel
torrentialAberration
Ivan2006
Tiel+
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

Futureville Reinvestment Act - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futureville Reinvestment Act   Futureville Reinvestment Act - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 12:59 pm

Added some rules
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Futureville Reinvestment Act   Futureville Reinvestment Act - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 1:01 pm

When did Mack start leading the project? Suspect
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

PostSubject: Re: Futureville Reinvestment Act   Futureville Reinvestment Act - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 2:15 pm

Tiel wrote:
Jack Root wrote:
Tiel wrote:
Way to consult with the other builders, block.

I did as well.And the people on at the time didn't try to stop us so...

You built what, one building?

Block asked me to do it.
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Futureville Reinvestment Act   Futureville Reinvestment Act - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 3:13 pm

Tiel wrote:
When did Mack start leading the project? Suspect

Well he is our supreme leader.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Futureville Reinvestment Act   Futureville Reinvestment Act - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 3:40 pm

Well, that killed it for me. I'm not going to build something to have it torn down because it doesn't meet someone's exorbitant standards.
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Futureville Reinvestment Act   Futureville Reinvestment Act - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 4:18 pm

Tiel wrote:
Well, that killed it for me. I'm not going to build something to have it torn down because it doesn't meet someone's exorbitant standards.

Well he is hardly on and he's just going to help me. Unless you make a nether tower with obsidian your building won't be destroyed.
Back to top Go down
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Futureville Reinvestment Act   Futureville Reinvestment Act - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 4:28 pm

blockman42 wrote:
Tiel wrote:

Well he is hardly on and he's just going to help me. Unless you make a nether tower with obsidian your building won't be destroyed.
sh*t.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Futureville Reinvestment Act   Futureville Reinvestment Act - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 4:29 pm

I am creating a city, separate from FCV, in which there are no building requirements.
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Futureville Reinvestment Act   Futureville Reinvestment Act - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 4:59 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
I am creating a city, separate from FCV, in which there are no building requirements.

That city will probably turn into a disorganized mess.
Back to top Go down
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Futureville Reinvestment Act   Futureville Reinvestment Act - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 5:16 pm

blockman42 wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:

With the builders on here its hard for anything to be organized
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Futureville Reinvestment Act   Futureville Reinvestment Act - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 5:28 pm

Prime Arc Thunder wrote:
blockman42 wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:

Thats why I have rules, but even then everyone becomes really defensive even when I clearly state it.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Futureville Reinvestment Act   Futureville Reinvestment Act - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 6:17 am

blockman42 wrote:
Prime Arc Thunder wrote:
blockman42 wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:

Thats why I have rules, but even then everyone becomes really defensive even when I clearly state it.

Rules are good. Getting people to follow them; that's the trick. I'll support you 100%, because I know you are a good builder, and will make sure the city is of a high standard.

Anyway, I'm not going to destroy people's work; only remove it. A bit like the Weeping Angels from Doctor Who: they don't kill you, they just send you back in time and "live" you to death.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Futureville Reinvestment Act   Futureville Reinvestment Act - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 11:09 am

The Schmetterling wrote:
blockman42 wrote:
Prime Arc Thunder wrote:
blockman42 wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:

Rules are good. Getting people to follow them; that's the trick. I'll support you 100%, because I know you are a good builder, and will make sure the city is of a high standard.

Anyway, I'm not going to destroy people's work; only remove it. A bit like the Weeping Angels from Doctor Who: they don't kill you, they just send you back in time and "live" you to death.

Perhaps move the not so good stuff to another city so people don't rage.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Futureville Reinvestment Act   Futureville Reinvestment Act - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 11:18 am

Sounds good but I know this sounds stupid, but would it be possible to have the server in offline mode (so cracked supporters of futurecraft can join) and use a password protection plugin to prevent any hacking.

And will bacon be allowed in the future? Or is it too obsolete?
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Futureville Reinvestment Act   Futureville Reinvestment Act - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 3:15 pm

Why no obsidian?
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: Futureville Reinvestment Act   Futureville Reinvestment Act - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 5:00 pm

Bacon?
Back to top Go down
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Futureville Reinvestment Act   Futureville Reinvestment Act - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 6:58 pm

catsonmeth wrote:
Why no obsidian?
Because block is a player hater.
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Futureville Reinvestment Act   Futureville Reinvestment Act - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 9:10 pm

catsonmeth wrote:
Why no obsidian?

Because it is ugly and doesn't match the futuristic look of the city.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Futureville Reinvestment Act   Futureville Reinvestment Act - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 9:37 pm

blockman42 wrote:
catsonmeth wrote:
Why no obsidian?

You're right, we should make it all iron. Oh, and you know what would make it look REALLY FUTURISTIC!? STONE! STONE EVERYWHERE! And, instead of using obsidian to make it look all shiny and old and define lines, we should use black WOOL to really bring out that lackluster that all futuristic buildings have. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Futureville Reinvestment Act   Futureville Reinvestment Act - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 9:48 pm

catsonmeth wrote:
blockman42 wrote:
catsonmeth wrote:
Why no obsidian?

You're right, we should make it all iron. Oh, and you know what would make it look REALLY FUTURISTIC!? STONE! STONE EVERYWHERE! And, instead of using obsidian to make it look all shiny and old and define lines, we should use black WOOL to really bring out that lackluster that all futuristic buildings have. Rolling Eyes

Well stone and all other grey blocks represent concrete. Black wool is used as a defining block and is much better than a blackish purple volcanic rock. I also use a lighter block like red wool or blue wool as a defining block.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Futureville Reinvestment Act   Futureville Reinvestment Act - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 10:13 pm

blockman42 wrote:
catsonmeth wrote:
blockman42 wrote:
catsonmeth wrote:
Why no obsidian?

Well stone and all other grey blocks represent concrete. Black wool is used as a defining block and is much better than a blackish purple volcanic rock. I also use a lighter block like red wool or blue wool as a defining block.

Banning blocks (any block) from fv=dumb rule. People won't follow dumb rules and they get pissed off if anyone tries to enforce dumb rules and then they stop building in your city. So dumb rules mean less diversity and one or two lonely people building a city that will turn out to lack diversity in architecture. If you look, bluish/blackish/purpleish goes quite well with the futuristic theme.

Whoever fucked with my skyscraper: I will find you. And I will kill you. (or at least report you for griefing. Killing is a lot of work.)
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Futureville Reinvestment Act   Futureville Reinvestment Act - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 10:55 pm

catsonmeth wrote:
blockman42 wrote:
catsonmeth wrote:
blockman42 wrote:
catsonmeth wrote:
Why no obsidian?

Banning blocks (any block) from fv=dumb rule. People won't follow dumb rules and they get pissed off if anyone tries to enforce dumb rules and then they stop building in your city. So dumb rules mean less diversity and one or two lonely people building a city that will turn out to lack diversity in architecture. If you look, bluish/blackish/purpleish goes quite well with the futuristic theme.

Whoever fucked with my skyscraper: I will find you. And I will kill you. (or at least report you for griefing. Killing is a lot of work.)

I hate the use of the iron and obsidian mix that is commonly used in builds today, if you can give me a good example of a build with obsidian then I will allow the use of it in FV2
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Futureville Reinvestment Act   Futureville Reinvestment Act - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 11:20 pm

ACH's cruiser?
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Futureville Reinvestment Act   Futureville Reinvestment Act - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 12:19 am

Keon wrote:
ACH's cruiser?

which cruiser?
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Futureville Reinvestment Act   Futureville Reinvestment Act - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 2:08 am

blockman42 wrote:
catsonmeth wrote:
blockman42 wrote:
catsonmeth wrote:
blockman42 wrote:
catsonmeth wrote:
Why no obsidian?

I hate the use of the iron and obsidian mix that is commonly used in builds today, if you can give me a good example of a build with obsidian then I will allow the use of it in FV2

Here:
Futureville Reinvestment Act - Page 4 2011-110

Here:
Futureville Reinvestment Act - Page 4 2012-011

And here:
Futureville Reinvestment Act - Page 4 2012-012

In my opinion, it is more about the builder than the colours. You use lime-green wool on your ships, and they look great. If Cool3303 used lime-wool on his ships, they would look horrible. Allow whatever blocks, but make sure the builds look good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Futureville Reinvestment Act   Futureville Reinvestment Act - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Futureville Reinvestment Act
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next