Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Early release of new blocks?

Go down 
+20
Dux Tell31
superninjakiwi
Danice123
Talon
Captain stufuzzycat
Commander Error
Laibach
Tiel+
Avenger_7
Tyranid_Player
Caramell
Ivan2006
Heeltripper
hyperlite
Last_Jedi_Standing
The Schmetterling
ACH0225
fr0stbyte124
Keon
torrentialAberration
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

Early release of new blocks? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 11:25 am

Anthony wrote:
hyperlite wrote:
Yeah, for calling CMA a douche when he made taco that search thing. He was about to ban me for that.

You called me a douche?

Back before I knew you as fofus on the server yeah. Remember when you made that google search thing for taco, that goes to google and types in the plugin thing? That hit me the wrong way. I know taco probably could have figured that out but.... well we know taco...
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 3:31 pm

...what?

also this is a great idea.
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 9:04 pm

Is this idea a possibility at all? Or has 45 posts been all for nothing.
Back to top Go down
Talon
Talon

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 1:43 am

Captain stufuzzycat wrote:
Most likely, that happens a lot around here...
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 8:36 am

Captain stufuzzycat wrote:

Seeing as no-one else is interested, I will create the blocks myself when I have the spare time.

This will require some serious downloading....
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 10:25 am

Guess what, now we can't blame you for not doing anything!
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 5:30 pm

Keon wrote:
Guess what, now we can't blame you for not doing anything!

I just need to refresh all my Minecraft files (which has accumulated a lot of mess over the past few years), download Java's SDK, then Minecraft's Modding Pack, then try and remember how to actually work Java.

This is going to be a fun weekend!
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 1:11 pm

hyperlite wrote:
Anthony wrote:
hyperlite wrote:
Yeah, for calling CMA a douche when he made taco that search thing. He was about to ban me for that.

You called me a douche?

Back before I knew you as fofus on the server yeah. Remember when you made that google search thing for taco, that goes to google and types in the plugin thing? That hit me the wrong way. I know taco probably could have figured that out but.... well we know taco...

Hey, pretty sure the search thing was me. So... are you calling me a douche?
Back to top Go down
http://wbcentral.com
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 6:38 pm

Wait, it might have been you, yeah I CALLED YOU A DOUCHE YA DOUCHE!!!!!! Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 1:09 pm

One of the materials that i think MUST be included is aluminium. It should be about as common or slightly more common than iron and make up the majority of the blocks of a ship's hull. Maybe it could be made into corundum and that into really strong glass-like material? Oh, and titanium, tungsten, steel, maybe copper.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 2:47 pm

I think the OP on the MC forums and the starting thread describe the materials verilously well.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 4:00 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
I think the OP on the MC forums and the starting thread describe the materials verilously well.

OP on MC Forums wrote:

- Trinium, made from iron, Naquadah, and titanium
- Steel, just smelt iron
- What else?

Methinks it needs to be updated.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 4:03 pm

Methinks adding more will make it too complex.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 4:15 pm

It's not that much. Titanium and steel are already planned (or at least that's what the OP says), so really it's just tungsten and aluminum that would be added, and copper's not really that important.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 4:21 pm

I feel more than four additional ores makes it too complex. Players should be able to spend maybe half an hour to get some stuff, 15 minutes to assemble it all, and then 2-3 weeks actually playing, flying around and some such.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 4:54 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
I feel more than four additional ores makes it too complex. Players should be able to spend maybe half an hour to get some stuff, 15 minutes to assemble it all, and then 2-3 weeks actually playing, flying around and some such.

Half an hour to space? How about 10 man-hours.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 4:56 pm

Pickaxes->Auto-diggers->Space.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 6:21 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
Pickaxes->Auto-diggers->Space.
Spawn->Punch trees->->crafting bench->wood pick->mine stone->stone pick->mine iron->smelt iron->iron pick->bigger mines->mine other metals->make steel->steel tools->first machinery->create jet fuel->discover heavier-than-air flight->build atmospheric craft->lots more development->primitive missiles->develop hulls/engines/life support/etc->reach orbit->lots more development->shields->better missiles->laser/plasma weaponry->lots more development->colonize solar system->mine other planets->get different metals->better hulls, missiles, shields, lasers, etc->discover FTL travel->short-range jump technology*->build a stargate->contact FCE->get killed by alien diseases.

*Short-range jumps: It's been established that travel between systems will be done via a series of stargates. I like that idea, but I think there should be something else, too. Enter the short-range jumps. This is a hyperdrive/jump drive/warp drive/slipspace drive/etc. It's a thing that's mounted in a ship. It allows ships to move very fast (basically teleporting) in a solar system. They don't have enough power to get you to a different system. This makes full-scale solar systems practical. Planets in a system should be millions of kilometers apart, and this lets you get ships from one to another in a reasonable amount of time. It needs to be refined somewhat, of course, but I think the basic idea works.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 7:21 pm

Short range jumps being something similar to the FTL the Battlestar Galactica uses? Disappear in a pop and reappear somewhere else?

Because I was planning for FTL travel to be like this:

Stargates: placed exclusively on a planet's surface. Every M-class planet in the galaxy has one (mixing shows here). 5 blocks in diameter

Continuum manifold drive (a.k.a warp drive): basic FTL travel. Of course there will be different variations within Futurecraft, but they essentially allow travel between solar systems (servers) over several man-minutes to hours.

Jump gates: giant versions of Stargates placed in space. These require a lot of effort to build but allow instantaneous travel to the entered co-ordinates (with the occasional malfunction, that is). You can go from jump gate (a) to jump gate (b) without any risk of materializing inside a star however. These will be a couple of hundred blocks in diameter.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 7:34 pm

The Doctor wrote:
Short range jumps being something similar to the FTL the Battlestar Galactica uses? Disappear in a pop and reappear somewhere else?

Because I was planning for FTL travel to be like this:

Stargates: placed exclusively on a planet's surface. Every M-class planet in the galaxy has one (mixing shows here). 5 blocks in diameter

Continuum manifold drive (a.k.a warp drive): basic FTL travel. Of course there will be different variations within Futurecraft, but they essentially allow travel between solar systems (servers) over several man-minutes to hours.

Jump gates: giant versions of Stargates placed in space. These require a lot of effort to build but allow instantaneous travel to the entered co-ordinates (with the occasional malfunction, that is). You can go from jump gate (a) to jump gate (b) without any risk of materializing inside a star however. These will be a couple of hundred blocks in diameter.
Oh. I thought all inter-server travel was going to be through the jump gates. OK. But yeah, SRJs would be like Battlestar. It's an in-server thing, though. That's why it's 'short range'.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 7:41 pm

I thought it was already established that the power to go to another system whenever a ship wanted would put too much stress on a server.

I think intra-server travel should be restricted to Jump Gates, don't see much of a point to Stargates save for ripping off that sci fi franchise.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 12:18 pm

NECRO-NECRO-NECRO
Seriously, Butterfly, you said you were going to do that.
You forgott about it and didn´t tell us or something?
I´m serious, I am waiting for you to finish this, but it seems that there is no progress.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 12:36 pm

If this is done, we need one thing Transparent-aluminum ftw.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 6:00 pm

caltech117 wrote:
If this is done, we need one thing Transparent-aluminum ftw.

Agreed, corundum could be made by adding oxygen to aluminum in a furnace-like machine. Also maybe sulfur+aluminum powder+oxygen to make gunpowder for weapons and solid rocket fuel as an alternative to killing hundreds of creepers.
Back to top Go down
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 6:11 pm

not happening. fr0st lst his hands, remember?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Early release of new blocks?
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next