Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Early release of new blocks?

Go down 
+20
Dux Tell31
superninjakiwi
Danice123
Talon
Captain stufuzzycat
Commander Error
Laibach
Tiel+
Avenger_7
Tyranid_Player
Caramell
Ivan2006
Heeltripper
hyperlite
Last_Jedi_Standing
The Schmetterling
ACH0225
fr0stbyte124
Keon
torrentialAberration
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

Early release of new blocks? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 3:24 pm

tell....hes... ALIVE!!! O.o
Back to top Go down
Dux Tell31
Recruit
Recruit
Dux Tell31

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 3:31 pm

superninjakiwi wrote:
tell....hes... ALIVE!!! O.o

An astounding observation Sir, any other discoveries?
Back to top Go down
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 3:57 pm

there is a computer in front of my face.
Back to top Go down
Dux Tell31
Recruit
Recruit
Dux Tell31

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 4:03 pm

I wish I had never asked....

GET ON TOPIC
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 4:04 pm

eazymc wrote:
memeSTORM 4.0 wrote:
eazymc wrote:
I like how people who have contributed nothing to the community except 'forum posts' are always the first to criticize. Great little community here.

Yourself included.

Please enlighten me as to where I have criticized the mod?

Honestly, what you did was just waltz in was insult the community as a whole, on two counts. I have no quarrel with you, but if you're just going to downplay us as a bunch of whining spammers when some of us have been following this faithfully since 2011 with nothing to go on but blind faith, there will be a problem.

That said, if you want to discuss this further please PM me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 4:13 pm

OKAY back on topic we need a list so far I have:

• Aluminium
  • Transparent aluminium
  • Titanium
  • Tungsten
  • Boron(just cause)

Any more to add.
Back to top Go down
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 4:30 pm

lets see...... hows about STEEL. did you forget that?steel shoud have a texture that blends together nicely. not stinking borders like they have on iron blocks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 4:47 pm

Aluminium
Transparent aluminium
Titanium
Tungsten
Boron(just cause)
Steel
Carbon Fibre
Tin
Colored Steel/iron

Any others.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 4:57 pm

You made those up. The REAL list is Naquedah, something, another thing, and something else. Mackeroths dev page OP has them.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 4:59 pm

memeSTORM 4.0 wrote:
eazymc wrote:
memeSTORM 4.0 wrote:
eazymc wrote:
I like how people who have contributed nothing to the community except 'forum posts' are always the first to criticize. Great little community here.

Yourself included.

Honestly, what you did was just waltz in was insult the community as a whole, on two counts. I have no quarrel with you, but if you're just going to downplay us as a bunch of whining spammers when some of us have been following this faithfully since 2011 with nothing to go on but blind faith, there will be a problem.

You have no idea what you're talking about. If you could see Area 51, you would be begging eazymc to forgive your rash comments and please not go away. He has contributed more to this mod in the past week than many of the other devs have in the past 6 months, and for the first time in a long while, I feel like the mod is actually going somewhere again. Compared to him, everyone here except Fr0stbyte is a whining spammer, in that we are not contributing really in any way to the development of Futurecraft.
Back to top Go down
Dux Tell31
Recruit
Recruit
Dux Tell31

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 5:03 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
memeSTORM 4.0 wrote:
eazymc wrote:
memeSTORM 4.0 wrote:
eazymc wrote:

Yourself included.

You have no idea what you're talking about. If you could see Area 51, you would be begging eazymc to forgive your rash comments and please not go away. He has contributed more to this mod in the past week than many of the other devs have in the past 6 months, and for the first time in a long while, I feel like the mod is actually going somewhere again. Compared to him, everyone here except Fr0stbyte is a whining spammer, in that we are not contributing really in any way to the development of Futurecraft.

A fair point, but IRRELEVANT to the current conversation. Of all the topics on this forum, don't let this one get off topic.(Wow I feel like a Mod doing this...)
Back to top Go down
eazymc
DEV
DEV

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 5:27 pm

Dux Tell31 wrote:
memeSTORM 4.0 wrote:
eazymc wrote:
memeSTORM 4.0 wrote:
eazymc wrote:
Yourself included.
A fair point, but IRRELEVANT to the current conversation. Of all the topics on this forum, don't let this one get off topic.(Wow I feel like a Mod doing this...)

Thanks Last_Jedi_Standing, appreciate the words of support. memeSTORM, I have no quarrel with you either and in fact, I'm going to leave it at that.

Dux, I couldn't agree more. If this side project is going to go anywhere, I need ideas and support (I'm garbage with paint so if you want some textures added follow suite with Caltech, btw that means send me some block gfx's or what not). If you guys just want a quick block mod to give you more stuff to build ships with while Frost and I work on the engine/core/disgusting code stuff, cooperation and input would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 5:30 pm

FTL core need.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 5:32 pm

You have no idea what you're talking about. If you could see Area 51, you would be begging eazymc to forgive your rash comments and please not go away.

You expect me to know what the devs are up to? The very notion of an Area 51 in this kind of environment where suggestions are encouraged, is, in my opinion, ridiculous. Even if they were read-only for anyone but the people making FC, it would help in giving more direct input instead of having the same ideas tossed around 5 times a week in this subforum. But, okay. I was in the wrong this time. That still doesn't excuse him practically attacking a community that's existed a long time before he joined up.

caltech117 wrote:

Aluminium
Transparent aluminium
Titanium
Tungsten
Boron(just cause)
Steel
Carbon Fibre
Tin
Colored Steel/iron

Any others.

Pardon me, but why are all these necessary?

A basic building material like, as you say, Steel, that's dye-able, plus some armor blocks should do. Maybe some carpet...wool does not equate to a proper rug.

Last edited by memeSTORM 4.0 on Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dux Tell31
Recruit
Recruit
Dux Tell31

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 5:39 pm

memeSTORM 4.0 wrote:
caltech117 wrote:

Aluminium
Transparent aluminium
Titanium
Tungsten
Boron(just cause)
Steel
Carbon Fibre
Tin
Colored Steel/iron

Any others.

Pardon me, but why are all these necessary?

A basic building material like, as you say, Steel, that's dye-able, plus some armor blocks should do. Maybe some carpet...wool does not equate to a proper rug.

Because "The more the merrier!" Razz

(good idea with the carpet, but what would it look like compared to our current wool?)
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 5:41 pm

I don't think it'd be such a good idea to have redundant blocks..

Then again, it is a builder pack.
Back to top Go down
Dux Tell31
Recruit
Recruit
Dux Tell31

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 5:42 pm

memeSTORM 4.0 wrote:
I don't think it'd be such a good idea to have redundant blocks..

Then again, it is a builder pack.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 5:55 pm

caltech117 wrote:

Aluminium
Transparent aluminium
Titanium
Tungsten
Boron(just cause)
Steel
Carbon Fibre
Tin
Colored Steel/iron

Any others.

Let's make a list of what we could pull out of the ground as ores, then we can branch off and have some other stuff. Remember that the list can't be too long. [idea] Rare minerals might be obtained only by placing stone or cobblestone in a machine. [idea]
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 6:06 pm

I think what'd be rather cool would be to have only one 'ore block' called Ore that has the appearance of an iron ore block. Once mined you couldn't actually do anything with it, but rather be forced to smelt it down which would yield a random selection of metals and alloys, depending on what tier of smelter you have (ie, a furnace is more likely to give you iron ore or gold, as opposed to a lategame Carbon-smelter which could probably net more space oriented metals such as steel)

From there, the smelted ore could either be used to craft the tools appropriate to the smelter's output, or it could be refined to create stronger variants, ala Hardened Steel or Aluminum Armor. Just a thought.

This way there won't be the equivalent of cavemen running off and building battleships, nor would higher tech factions be forced to take on ore they can't feasibly use.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 6:42 pm

Tiel wrote:
I think what'd be rather cool would be to have only one 'ore block' called Ore that has the appearance of an iron ore block. Once mined you couldn't actually do anything with it, but rather be forced to smelt it down which would yield a random selection of metals and alloys, depending on what tier of smelter you have (ie, a furnace is more likely to give you iron ore or gold, as opposed to a lategame Carbon-smelter which could probably net more space oriented metals such as steel)

From there, the smelted ore could either be used to craft the tools appropriate to the smelter's output, or it could be refined to create stronger variants, ala Hardened Steel or Aluminum Armor. Just a thought.

This way there won't be the equivalent of cavemen running off and building battleships, nor would higher tech factions be forced to take on ore they can't feasibly use.

I think that's too far away from minecraft. Normal cobblestone or smoothstone could serve a similar purpose to your ore block, with different levels of extraction machines that yield rarer ores more often.
Back to top Go down
Dux Tell31
Recruit
Recruit
Dux Tell31

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 7:04 pm

catsonmeth wrote:
Tiel wrote:

I think that's too far away from minecraft. Normal cobblestone or smoothstone could serve a similar purpose to your ore block, with different levels of extraction machines that yield rarer ores more often.

Except an Ore Block would be way cooler than cobble.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 7:20 pm

catsonmeth wrote:
Tiel wrote:

Cobblestone and smoothstone are far too common, no offense of course.

In this way there's a margin of error, ala some regions can have higher Ore concentrations and be fought over as strategic assets, instead of everyone being able to get metals every time they mine. In my method true Minecraft mining can thrive alongside the ostensible grand machines to assist in the construction of ships.

But in any case, is it agreed conventional Minecraft-style ore distribution isn't feasible for the scale of the mod?
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 7:29 pm

Tiel wrote:

In this way there's a margin of error, ala some regions can have higher Ore concentrations and be fought over as strategic assets, instead of everyone being able to get metals every time they mine. In my method true Minecraft mining can thrive alongside the ostensible grand machines to assist in the construction of ships.

But in any case, is it agreed conventional Minecraft-style ore distribution isn't feasible for the scale of the mod?
I agree with this. Simply making an ore less frequent will just lead to strip mining and other boring things. Getting higher level ores should become more sophisticated as the tech level increases, like we are doing with the other elements of gameplay.

And on a side note, good god do people ever start heavily posting whenever I'm looking away. Like Last Jedi said, Eazymc has been very active on the dev board, which is why you don't hear from him much, but lately he's been contributing more time to the project than anyone, myself included. We're already close to recovering the inter-server protocol that got lost when ectrimble disappeared.

So no fighting.

Last edited by fr0stbyte124 on Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 7:31 pm

Why did you move your post..?
Back to top Go down
Dux Tell31
Recruit
Recruit
Dux Tell31

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 7:31 pm

Tiel wrote:
catsonmeth wrote:
Tiel wrote:

Probally, but with the oodles of mineable blocks we're adding, tones of space is going to be used. So if we increases how common the ore blacks are, its only going to be by a tiny bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Early release of new blocks?
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next