Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Early release of new blocks?

Go down 
+20
Dux Tell31
superninjakiwi
Danice123
Talon
Captain stufuzzycat
Commander Error
Laibach
Tiel+
Avenger_7
Tyranid_Player
Caramell
Ivan2006
Heeltripper
hyperlite
Last_Jedi_Standing
The Schmetterling
ACH0225
fr0stbyte124
Keon
torrentialAberration
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

Early release of new blocks? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 1:54 pm

Sig'd

"To tune of Pokemon song"

Fr0stbyte quotes!
Gotta sig 'em all!
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 2:26 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
Sig'd

"To tune of Pokemon song"

Fr0stbyte quotes!
Gotta sig 'em all!

You have a pretty good timing of mentioning Pokemon...
Soon you´ll know why.
Back to top Go down
bsb23
bsb23

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 3:49 pm

I had an idea that might play out well rather than cause the continued bugging of our devs to release blocks early which is probably going to slow progress, I figured it would probably be easier to easy a different mod so therefore I have asked Bioxx from Terrafirmacraft to add in layered metal blocks and etching. That community has already proved the amazing ability of those blocks with stone and chisel...
http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/1040-your-chisel-creations/
I understand that you probably will want to work with your own blocks however this mod has a lot of the same metals we have already suggested (except the whole carbon thing).
Back to top Go down
eazymc
DEV
DEV

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 12:57 pm

bsb23 wrote:
I had an idea that might play out well rather than cause the continued bugging of our devs to release blocks early which is probably going to slow progress, I figured it would probably be easier to easy a different mod so therefore I have asked Bioxx from Terrafirmacraft to add in layered metal blocks and etching. That community has already proved the amazing ability of those blocks with stone and chisel...
http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/1040-your-chisel-creations/
I understand that you probably will want to work with your own blocks however this mod has a lot of the same metals we have already suggested (except the whole carbon thing).

Wouldn't be a bad idea. The block pack stuff I'm messing with is going to take longer than I anticipated simply because of time constraints on my part. So I apologize to anyone in advance if this takes a couple weeks to get something together.

Just an FYI I had a project come down the line Wednesday that turned out to be much bigger than I was initially informed, the client went from wanting one thing to wanting an entire different thing plus some (I'd go into detail but its company confidential stuff blah blah legal etc). So basically when I finished programming late Thursday, I received a request to completely redo what I was working on plus add in a bunch of extra features. No skin off my back since I'm getting paid for it, but it has ended up eating my entire weekend (the deadline of tomorrow didn't change, thanks management), so sorry for the delay, hopefully once this project is wrapped up, I'll be able to get back to the mod.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 1:07 pm

WORK FASTER!!
*Whip crack*

Jk, take your time and make it so amazing we won't use it so we don't corrupt it's amazing.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 8:40 pm

Thought of a new block. With all these brand new energy weapons to pew-pew with, we won't just use FIRE on a GRASS block! NO, we'll need a whole new block! DIRT GLASS/nuclear glass! This glass would only be made if a dirt or grass block is struck with an energy weapon or a nuke or put into a high-tech heater. It would be semi-transparent, like water, and be slightly (very slightly) stronger than normal glass.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 9:36 pm

Nope. Dirt doesn't make glass. Just craters.
Back to top Go down
Thel Vadam
Thel Vadam

PostSubject: .   Early release of new blocks? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 10:31 pm

i think dirt glass is a cool idea, but it should be like a small crater with dirt glass whenever a energy weapon touches it...
Back to top Go down
http://morphorum.forumotion.com/u9
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 6:04 am

Or, to be more realistic; Why not just make a lava block, since the dirt would probably just melt?
It could be a liquid, and would move slowly, and it would be red and orange.
Wait a minute, it already exists.

This half-glass thingy would work better on sand.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 6:33 am

OR we could have dirt lava. It would be a lighter, more solid orange and solidify in a few minutes. As for nukes (and other explosives) they should be more realistic. A shallow crater directly under the detonation zone, then an area of molten dirt glass (or lava if it's stone) surrounding it. If a larger crater is needed, put it in a bunker-buster shell.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 2:10 am

Sand turns to glass and 'slodes, rock and dirt just 'splodes. Simple and effective, and not much left in either case.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 7:07 am

Avenger_7 wrote:
Sand turns to glass and 'slodes, rock and dirt just 'splodes. Simple and effective, and not much left in either case.

I'm saying that it should be rethought. Conventional explosives would still just make craters and destroy blocks, but energy-based weapons (and nuclear weapons, which are still energy weapons, I suppose...) would melt the dirt into glass.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 10:56 am

catsonmeth wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:

I'm saying that it should be rethought. Conventional explosives would still just make craters and destroy blocks, but energy-based weapons (and nuclear weapons, which are still energy weapons, I suppose...) would melt the dirt into glass.
They're all energy weapons, Cats. Even a club works by imparting kinetic energy into your face.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 12:34 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
catsonmeth wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:

They're all energy weapons, Cats. Even a club works by imparting kinetic energy into your face.

^this.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 4:07 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
catsonmeth wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:

^this.

Dirt cannot be melted into glass. Too many impurities.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 5:33 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
catsonmeth wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:

^this.

I'm not a complete moron, and I really think you know what I mean by energy weapons. Dirt (the nonorganic part, at least) does make glass. Not perfectly clear glass, but glass nonetheless. I am suggesting a semitransparent block that solidifies from liquid dirt. A dirt block is transmuted into liquid when LASERS 'N' SHIT are fired at it. Gives a little crunch under feet at nuclear wastes.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 5:37 pm

Or just do away with that expensive stuff and simply have it remove blocks with some FX. A whole nother block seems unnecessary.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 7:11 pm

Tiel wrote:
Or just do away with that expensive stuff and simply have it remove blocks with some FX. A whole nother block seems unnecessary.

Not only unnecessary, but incredibly lame.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 7:47 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
Tiel wrote:

Not only unnecessary, but incredibly lame.

Incredibly lame? You're just trying to piss me off? Of course it's unnecessary! This mod is unnecessary! Minecraft is unnecessary!
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 7:51 pm

So is your attitude right now. Calm down, son.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 8:04 pm

Tiel wrote:
So is your attitude right now. Calm down, son.

I'm calmed. I've calmed. I've cooled.

It's just a little rude trollish to urinate all over someone's idea and insult their intelligence.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 9:13 pm

It doesn't really look like there's productive discussion going on here.
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 9:24 pm

Not really.So yes Jedi.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 9:50 pm

I would consider the overall conversation productive. Not the last few posts, but as a whole it's not too bad.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 9:54 pm

LOCKS FOR THE LOCK LORD
BANS FOR THE BAN-HELL

LOCKS FOR THE LOCK LORD
BANS FOR THE BAN-HELL

LOCKS FOR THE LOCK LORD
BANS FOR THE BAN-HELL

LOCKS FOR THE LOCK LORD
BANS FOR THE BAN-HELL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Early release of new blocks?   Early release of new blocks? - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Early release of new blocks?
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next