Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

More Blocks

Go down 
+4
Keon
Laibach
Tehblooper
Cool3303
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Cool3303
Recruit
Recruit
Cool3303

More Blocks Empty
PostSubject: More Blocks   More Blocks Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:52 am

Ok this topic is about making a simple mod which allows you to make colored steelBlocks to prevent the Stupid wool Ships (yes Mackeroth I am not totally against you)
I will need Support and someone who codes this (not the Devs but maybe our nice applicants who know Java)

So you would have to craft an Iron furnace (like Normal funace but it will be made out of Iron) and Put Iron Blocks in the upper Slot
and the color thing (lapislazuli Cactus green and so on) in the Slot below
and cause you will need to run faster through through your nice colored Iron ship you can craft an Speed block mad out of
Three Iron(also colored) Three Soulsand (or power Rails) and again three Iron

Just write if you like it (from 0-10) and which Ideas you have Improve it (no comments who bad this it or that it would ruin the feeling of minecraft!!! Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation )

Of cuorse you can save your blocks against griefers/creepers just fill the crafting table and put an obsidian in the mid
Back to top Go down
Tehblooper
Tehblooper

More Blocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Blocks   More Blocks Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 11:03 am

I think that it is a good idea.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

More Blocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Blocks   More Blocks Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 11:44 am

hmmm, this is a pretty good idea but im not familiar enough with modding to do anything other than making new blocks

and I honestly *cough* mom *Cough* dont have enough time on the computer to do it

sorry, if you want to try to learn java go here:http://math.hws.edu/javanotes/

Last edited by CoalMiningAlchemist on Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cool3303
Recruit
Recruit
Cool3303

More Blocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Blocks   More Blocks Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 11:58 am

LOL I got also a *cough*MOM*cough*

I just guessed the Iron furnace would be ideal to melt Bauxite (aluminium is made out of it)
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

More Blocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Blocks   More Blocks Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 8:41 pm

Copy the wool code, change base texture and some other stuff. It would be really easy, and then some crafting.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

More Blocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Blocks   More Blocks Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 9:29 pm

Keon wrote:
Copy the wool code, change base texture and some other stuff. It would be really easy, and then some crafting.

good idea!
Back to top Go down
Cool3303
Recruit
Recruit
Cool3303

More Blocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Blocks   More Blocks Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 8:52 am

It should Look like Iron (If you copy wool it would Look like wool and this md is about preventing wool spaceships so this would be totally
Senseles) so if anyone do this He will Need textures. The Code Must Be Done for ssp and smp combatible with other mods ant it should use One block id you See it isn't that easy
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

More Blocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Blocks   More Blocks Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 12:07 pm

Cool3303 wrote:
It should Look like Iron (If you copy wool it would Look like wool and this md is about preventing wool spaceships so this would be totally
Senseles) so if anyone do this He will Need textures. The Code Must Be Done for ssp and smp combatible with other mods ant it should use One block id you See it isn't that easy

No, if you copy wool but use different textures it would look like colored iron. Don't dismiss good ideas when you don't have any idea how code works and are obviously not planning on learning.
Back to top Go down
http://wbcentral.com
Cool3303
Recruit
Recruit
Cool3303

More Blocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Blocks   More Blocks Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 12:55 pm

??? if i got To re Texture it Why should i use wool instead of Iron (stupid)
I thought That something Must Be Changes To make it work with SMP

But if it is this easy good luck and if you don't Want To do it shut up!!!
I just Want To Show The Devs This Thing Must Be Integrated so tell me That this is good or write down what should Be added in your opinion.
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

More Blocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Blocks   More Blocks Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 1:35 pm

Cool3303 wrote:

I just Want To Show The Devs This Thing Must Be Integrated so tell me That this is good or write down what should Be added in your opinion.

I'm a Dev. I've seen this idea. I've decided that this isn't worth the small amount of time that it would take me to code it. So unless another dev thinks differently, your going to have to make this mod yourself. Which isn't going to happen because you obviously don't even understand the good suggestions that people have made on how this mod could be created. Don't call other people's helpful explanations and suggestions stupid because you don't understand them.
Back to top Go down
Cool3303
Recruit
Recruit
Cool3303

More Blocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Blocks   More Blocks Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 1:49 pm

Okay Explain me Why I copy The wool code instead of The Iron Code and I will delete Anything what I Said.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

More Blocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Blocks   More Blocks Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 1:59 pm

What you said just now doesn't make any sense.

Anyway, I am planning to have a nice assortment of hull materials, including the ability to add paint (and maybe decals) to them.
That has been the plan for a while now.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

More Blocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Blocks   More Blocks Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 2:01 pm

Cool3303 wrote:

I'm sorry but you know nothing about how modding works, and until you do I don't think anyone's going to help you

also, the second sentence looks like something from engrish.com...
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

More Blocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Blocks   More Blocks Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 2:14 pm

It's a machine translator, so you're not far off.

*edit*
Nevermind. Cool3303 is just bad at English.
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

More Blocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Blocks   More Blocks Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 2:43 pm

Cool3303 wrote:
Okay Explain me Why I copy The wool code instead of The Iron Code and I will delete Anything what I Said.
I'm going to be nice and explain this to you.

The iron block has no code. Its a generic block with a texture. On the other hand the wool block has code that allows it to be different colors without taking up more than 1 block id. All one would need to do is take the wool code, make a copy, and then instead of different wool color textures, use different iron color texture.
Back to top Go down
Cool3303
Recruit
Recruit
Cool3303

More Blocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Blocks   More Blocks Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 2:59 pm

Why didn't you Write this directly (okay I am Sorry) Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
kennysmith1234
kennysmith1234

More Blocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Blocks   More Blocks Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 3:13 pm

Danice123 wrote:
Cool3303 wrote:

The iron block has no code. Its a generic block with a texture. On the other hand the wool block has code that allows it to be different colors without taking up more than 1 block id. All one would need to do is take the wool code, make a copy, and then instead of different wool color textures, use different iron color texture.

Sooooo...why don't y'all do this? If it is that easy.

Seriously, man, the process you described sounds like 5 minutes, TOPS! Just do it, man!

Oh, slightly off topic, check out my ideas. There is a new idea in there.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

More Blocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Blocks   More Blocks Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 9:39 pm

Danice123 wrote:
Cool3303 wrote:

THANK YOU!

And then, change explosion resistance, drops, texture, mining tool, mining time, sound, flammability, and a few other things. But that is stuff you do for everything.

Okay, problem solved, thread done.
Back to top Go down
Cool3303
Recruit
Recruit
Cool3303

More Blocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Blocks   More Blocks Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 6:51 am

Actually The Problem is that nobody Wants To do this and Not how To Do it.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

More Blocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Blocks   More Blocks Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 10:39 am

Once I get done with the surfing mod I'm working on, I might check out the code.
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

More Blocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Blocks   More Blocks Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 1:54 pm

Keon wrote:
Danice123 wrote:
Cool3303 wrote:

THANK YOU!

And then, change explosion resistance, drops, texture, mining tool, mining time, sound, flammability, and a few other things. But that is stuff you do for everything.

And then add it all into modloader, which is a real pain...
Back to top Go down
hiloser12221

More Blocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Blocks   More Blocks Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 2:24 pm

Are you guys using forge for this? Because if you do (sorry if I sound like advertising) it has direction based explosion resistance. So one side (lets say the side on the outside of the ship) would take lots of damage, but if the ship were invaded, the inside walls wouldn't take much damage.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

More Blocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Blocks   More Blocks Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 2:26 pm

Danice123 wrote:
Keon wrote:
Danice123 wrote:
Cool3303 wrote:

THANK YOU!

And then add it all into modloader, which is a real pain...

Are we using modloader for futurecraft?
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

More Blocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Blocks   More Blocks Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 2:28 pm

We are not using Forge. There are good reasons for this, but I've already explained it on several occasions. We'll probably be doing our own explosion code, though.
We are using modloader.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

More Blocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Blocks   More Blocks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More Blocks
Page 1 of 1