Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

KSP Thread

Go down 
+19
Buggy1997123
Laibach
Pat Best
Keon
Tell
Caramell
hyperlite
Soul of Jack
ACH0225
Joel
MrTargareyan
Iv121
Hierarch Fenway
Tau
Tiel+
Groot
Ivan2006
Delta
Ljubljana
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

KSP Thread - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 12:09 pm

I sent a deep space probe to Duna and Eve. They each returned about 2000 science, even though they only sent data back via antenna with massive data loss.

Protip- If you are doing atmospheric analysis, see if you can get the data back to Kerbin. You CANNOT get the full returns on it from transmitting it in a reasonable amount of time, and one analysis gives about 1400 science.
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 2:02 pm

I MUST VISIT THEM ALL

This is scary below
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 6:03 pm

Jeb (Reborn magically and apparently incapable of death now) reporting in from orbit.
Lovely view of the Southern Icecap.
Spoiler:
First orbit I've achieved in the new version, Then again first time I actually applied orbital mechanics....
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 6:17 pm

I've just gotten first orbit in career today. I was pretty pleased, but I want to go further now. The Mun is my target.

I will do all the science.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 6:28 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
I've just gotten first orbit in career today. I was pretty pleased, but I want to go further now. The Mun is my target.

Aim for a crater when you land.
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 10:59 pm

ACH0225 wrote:

The moon has like 13 recorded biomes to explore. Most of them are different craters from what I've heard.

Also I think I need to put an actual SAS on my launch vehicle..Currently I can only make polar orbits....
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 9:12 am

_Shadowcat_ wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:

The moon has like 13 recorded biomes to explore. Most of them are different craters from what I've heard.

Also I think I need to put an actual SAS on my launch vehicle..Currently I can only make polar orbits....
How are SAS and polar orbits related?
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 9:20 am

I dunto think they are, although it might be his rocket doesn't have the torque to make heading adjustments, so it just drifts into a polar orbit 'cause his reaction wheels are too small.

So I have 2 orbiters, 1 Mun probe, 1 returned Munar lander,and a ship on it's way to Minmus, all in career. Am I doin' all right?
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 12:09 pm

Fleet Admiral Error wrote:
I dunto think they are, although it might be his rocket doesn't have the torque to make heading adjustments, so it just drifts into a polar orbit 'cause his reaction wheels are too small.

So I have 2 orbiters, 1 Mun probe, 1 returned Munar lander,and a ship on it's way to Minmus, all in career. Am I doin' all right?
Personally I don't think you need a probe for the Mun since you can land on and take off from it with a manned vessel so you might as well go gather the data and bring it back to Kerbin without any data loss.
Keep the probes for planets, where landing and taking off again is much harder.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 2:10 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Fleet Admiral Error wrote:

Personally I don't think you need a probe for the Mun since you can land on and take off from it with a manned vessel so you might as well go gather the data and bring it back to Kerbin without any data loss.
Keep the probes for planets, where landing and taking off again is much harder.
I have it there to mark the location of a future base, mainly. Perfect flat spot.
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 4:42 pm

Yesterday I went to the Mun, Minmus, and Gilly, I am trying to get the Gilly lander back to Kerbin.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 4:42 pm

Day 2: After 12 hours hard march flight, my kerbals were in place. The ship is prepared to make the gib yenruoj.
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 5:36 pm

hyperlite wrote:
Yesterday I went to the Mun, Minmus, and Gilly, I am trying to get the Gilly lander back to Kerbin.
Back in 0.21 I made an ion-powered Gilly lander. It probably has enough dV to get out to Bop and back. In fact, I think it's still up there. I'll have to try that some time.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 6:10 pm

Also, if you do use transmissions, run the experiment and transmit as much as you can for like, small experiment stuffs. You can get up to 125% of the return value if you run it and transmit it many times. Unfortunately, for a lot of them it's unfeasable. The atmosphere analysis has 1400 for Eve, but it takes like a minute to transmit, and consumes a ton of power, so there it's just impractical.
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 6:52 pm

Robotnik wrote:
Also, if you do use transmissions, run the experiment and transmit as much as you can for like, small experiment stuffs. You can get up to 125% of the return value if you run it and transmit it many times. Unfortunately, for a lot of them it's unfeasable. The atmosphere analysis has 1400 for Eve, but it takes like a minute to transmit, and consumes a ton of power, so there it's just impractical.
Was eve the one with the thick atmosphere?

Also I'm waiting for when thy make the tech tree modable and someone puts out a more realistic tech tree and mod parts, because there is more then enough science in the keening system to earn the tech tree like five times.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 7:02 pm

_Shadowcat_ wrote:
Robotnik wrote:

Also I'm waiting for when thy make the tech tree modable and someone puts out a more realistic tech tree and mod parts, because there is more then enough science in the keening system to earn the tech tree like five times.
Have you seen this?
Back to top Go down
http://arsln100.forumotion.com
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 10:23 pm

_Shadowcat_ wrote:
Robotnik wrote:

It does bother me that there is way more science than you need because it encourages people to transmit data over and over till it's not worth anything anymore rather than try to bring the data back to Kerbin.
If you haven't seen Scott Manley's video, he sends out one ship, flies by Duna, Gilly and Eve and comes back to Kerbin, all the while doing all the experiments he could while transmitting the data repeatedly till it was worth less than 1 science and made over 6000 science out of that one mission, unlocking the entire tech tree. In one mission.
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 11:11 pm

Pat Best wrote:
_Shadowcat_ wrote:
Robotnik wrote:

It does bother me that there is way more science than you need because it encourages people to transmit data over and over till it's not worth anything anymore rather than try to bring the data back to Kerbin.
If you haven't seen Scott Manley's video, he sends out one ship, flies by Duna, Gilly and Eve and comes back to Kerbin, all the while doing all the experiments he could while transmitting the data repeatedly till it was worth less than 1 science and made over 6000 science out of that one mission, unlocking the entire tech tree. In one mission.
Some people have suggested multiple pools of science like transmission and sample that way you actually have to show up and return to get data. I wouldn't mind being able to collect sample pods an getting science for mixing the samples with other samples or examining them in space and whatnot.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 5:57 pm

The gib yenruoj has begun. My kerbals have fired their rockets and are moving to assault Minmus. They'll pay, those ice cubes on Minmus. They'll all pay.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 2:02 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
The gib yenruoj has begun. My kerbals have fired their rockets and are moving to assault Minmus. They'll pay, those ice cubes on Minmus. They'll all pay.
Wow. That escalated quickly.
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 8:11 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
I thought Minmus was made out of oxidized nitroglycerin?
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 10:01 pm

Minmus is made of hard marshmallows.
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 10:11 pm

Minmus is made of mint dessert.
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 10:32 pm

hyperlite wrote:
Minmus is made of mint dessert.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 4:45 pm

Day 1258:18:35

We're in solar orbit because we missed. Awaiting the proper setting for contact. Help. Out of power.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KSP Thread
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next