Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log

Go down 
+21
_Shadowcat_
Keon
The Schmetterling
Saravanth
hyperlite
Hierarch CMA
Tau
Tell
TinkerPox
Hierarch Fenway
Groot
Joel
MrTargareyan
Tiel+
Ivan2006
Laserbilly
Caramell
Iv121
fr0stbyte124
Soul of Jack
Last_Jedi_Standing
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 2:53 pm

That's a good philosophy.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 2:58 pm

I have also just realised exactly how silly the SR's Mech is going to look considering it has to have birdy legs.

I mean I can imagine it looking nice and serious stood still, then as soon as it moves its going to be "Hurr durr spaz legs".

That applies to all of them, but it'll be worst with birdy legs mechs.

I'm also going to make the SR Mech pink specifically to annoy ACH.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 3:25 pm

Right, this is what I've managed to do on a Mech so far today:

Back view:

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 8 Back

Front view:

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 8 Front

I'm yet to make arms, and I'm yet to add shapes for the head, and to the feet.

I might also extend the legs down, because at the moment it looks like its squatting, but this might not be so bad when I add in the head and arms (as they should make it look more hunched over), but I really can't say until I add those, but when I do, it's a simple matter to change the position of the legs.

And in other news, I've been informed that there is now a server running the FCC pack 1.5.2
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 4:09 pm

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 8 Madcat1

Looks like Manus beat me to this one, and I was right, he was making a mad cat.

Hopefully he'll find out whether large mechs are a good idea.

I've also decided my legs suck, and I will be redoing the to be more like the legs on the District 9 mech.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 4:15 pm

Impressive.

Though I can't shake the premonition that the only reason the server is running the FCC pack is because it's running all of them.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 4:29 pm

I think he wanted a sci-fi server, but at the moment it's just flans packs and my pack, IDK why he didn't add Manus's.

But I'm not really too bothered if it is just running every pack, you know how long I've been after a sever.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 4:32 pm

Yes, but you must see where I'm coming from when I say it doesn't do anyone any good if the pack's sole server is a hodgepodge of every content pack.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 4:42 pm

Such a server would be completely hopeless, there are quite a few packs that choose quantity over quality now.

From what I gather, the server is TDM based, and he's gone for sci-fi because nobody else has.

But I don't think it's quite working yet, I'll keep an eye on it, but my main focus now is how to do mechas.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 5:26 pm

Prototype wrote:
Such a server would be completely hopeless, there are quite a few packs that choose quantity over quality now.

From what I gather, the server is TDM based, and he's gone for sci-fi because nobody else has.

But I don't think it's quite working yet, I'll keep an eye on it, but my main focus now is how to do mechas.
Just hit me up if you need a personal cheerleader.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 5:38 pm

Think I'm going to extend the leg out to something like this:

Spoiler:

Or I can just extend the lower section:

Spoiler:

IDK which one would look better, considering this was my initial design, and I was going for something that looked unusual, but functional and not ridiculous.

Spoiler:

What do people think in regards to changes to the legs?
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 6:05 pm

With a digitigrade-style anything you want the sum of the lengths of the two top segments roughly equal to the total length of the bottom one. You can have the bottom even longer if you want, esp. if the middle segment us at an acute angle from the knee. I also recommend that the leg as a whole is scaled up to be more proportional with the torso.

Also that Madcat is HELL OF impressive. Someone give me a linkity so I can follow the development.

Last edited by MercurySteam on Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Digi-what-now?

The leg would be scaled up anyway, but from what you are saying the second adjustment would be best, as the height covered by the top two segments will be roughly equal to that of the bottom segment.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 10:12 pm

I like the middle picture the best.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 4:41 am

Don´t listen to ACH, we want the pack to be appealing to humans.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 9:34 am

Can you have a tank that transforms into a mech?

Can a mech have jumpjets?

Can a mech have a wingsuit?

Can you make a droppod vehicle that would deploy from space?
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 10:55 am

Ivan2006 wrote:
Don´t listen to ACH, we want the pack to be appealing to humans.
I'm planning to have the NSCD have a somewhat unusual, but not quite ridiculous look. The UGF's mech will be more conventional (I.e. human leg movement). The SR's will have birds legs.

If I could I would make a M.I. suit, but those are too small to be done with the current Mech framework, even though they are more badass than any mechs ever.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 12:14 pm

Ok, I've done some tests in MCP on what I have so far, and the legs dont actually look bad while moving.

although the toolbox is buggy as hell, I've had to convert the leg code manually, hence poor omega is missing half his left leg.

and I accidentally modelled it a few blips into the ground (33 to be precise), whoops.

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 8 2013_10_15_17_18_33
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 1:47 pm

Just discovered "floating arm" syndrome and "derpy legs" syndrone.

FML
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 2:03 pm

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 8 2013_10_15_19_01_35

TO-DO

Make feet

Make head

Replace box joints

Map textures

Texture

Blow stuff up
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 2:49 pm

Discovered the size multiplier:

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 8 2013_10_15_19_46_43
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 3:37 pm

It looks as if it wants to the toilet Razz .
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 3:45 pm

Iv121 wrote:
It looks as if it wants to the toilet Razz.
yeah, thats been pissing me off, but when it runs it looks a lot better than it would if it had straight legs.

also the hand positions are fucked.

I still have to map all the textures via Techne (and straighten the arms, while maintaing the bend in them) , so I can make big changes easily, but IDK what I can do to get rid of said effect.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 3:52 pm

Make the legs farther apart or spread at an angle.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 3:54 pm

MercurySteam wrote:
Make the legs farther apart or spread at an angle.
I was literally about to post that I was going to do that. But I'll have to move the arms further out as well, but that might be better seeing as I pretty much have to re-do them anyway.
Back to top Go down
Saravanth
Recruit
Recruit
Saravanth

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 4:06 pm

That's what you get from not praying to the machine god. Really, all what's needed are a few rituals here and there...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log
Page 8 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next