Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log

Go down 
+21
_Shadowcat_
Keon
The Schmetterling
Saravanth
hyperlite
Hierarch CMA
Tau
Tell
TinkerPox
Hierarch Fenway
Groot
Joel
MrTargareyan
Tiel+
Ivan2006
Laserbilly
Caramell
Iv121
fr0stbyte124
Soul of Jack
Last_Jedi_Standing
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 8:43 am

MECHS?
AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 10:55 am

Flan has posted this:

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 6 1380479_425351030902376_1989758840_n

Manus has said that the code suggests that it is a Mech, this is good news people.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Lol, how is that the screenshot he went with?
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 11:03 am

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Lol, how is that the screenshot he went with?
I think that's all it is at the moment, I think he only started on it yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 11:13 am

If we get the possibility for mechs with flan's mod, I will start playing minecraft again.
Maybe.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 11:19 am

This is good, because Manus's new shape functions are exactly what I needed to make the Lamentor.

But I don't know how moving legs will work, probably going to be a pain in the ass on my end.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 12:10 pm

If it's going to be an API and not a one-shot thing, I'm guessing the algorithms will already be built in and you'll just need to assign the pivot points. Ā Or at least, that's what I would do.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 12:16 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
If it's going to be an API and not a one-shot thing, I'm guessing the algorithms will already be built in and you'll just need to assign the pivot points. Ā Or at least, that's what I would do.
I suspect that's going to be a case, but it does mean I'm going to spend an eternity fiddling with it.

although I would quite like it if I could define how many joints they had, and how much they rotated, so I could get some decent animations.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 12:24 pm

Positions become exponentially more expensive to calculate with every joint you add. I mean, that's assuming it is actually solving the animation for an arbitrary model. That's a pretty big assumption, really.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 3:24 pm

Update from Flan on the mech thing, this is the GUI:

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 6 1240033_425676904203122_1187685074_n

Don't know about anyone else, but I'm pretty excited, I can finally make Omega's model.
Back to top Go down
TinkerPox
TinkerPox

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 7:51 pm

Hey guys sorry I haven`t been active in awhile but this is great! I will try to start finishing my model, but I have Soccer, Football, Wrestling, and National Junior Honor Society, but I should have more time soon towards the end of October/November.
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 4:32 pm

How's that girlfriend doing? Also tromboner.
Back to top Go down
TinkerPox
TinkerPox

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 4:41 pm

Tau wrote:
How's that girlfriend doing? Also tromboner.
Oh that chick, shes in ALL of my classes and shes annoying, I like a different girl who goes to the other middle school cross town
Back to top Go down
Hierarch CMA
Infantry
Infantry
Hierarch CMA

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 5:38 pm

>tromboner

Ahh, half repressed memories of my childhood.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 5:28 pm

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 6 1243533_428752190562260_1605413751_o

Flan just released mechs...

Once I know exactly how they work, I will finally be realising the MK-IV (it'll be the combat rig version, not the AI Lamentor) in minecraft.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 5:47 pm

Aww, Flan's mechs look so cute.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 5:48 pm

MercurySteam wrote:
You need to see Manus's, all I can say is holy f***
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 6:01 pm

Manus does mechs?
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 6:02 pm

MercurySteam wrote:
Manus does mechs?
He does now, he'd been working on one since he heard Flan was adding them.

I decided I'd wait until he knows how they work, so I know how to design the model.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 6:03 pm

Prototype wrote:
MercurySteam wrote:
You need to see Manus's, all I can say is holy f***
I agree.
With the next update, his sci-fi pack will propably be at least 150% better...
(at least until the response update of the FC-pack comes out, quality is always relative and at the start, heĀ“ll hardly have competitors, but I imagine the ammount f sci-fi packs will skyrocket now...)
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 6:12 pm

Fortunately for me, Manus isn't so good at sci-fi (compared to the rest of his work), and while he can almost perfectly replicate anything already made, he doesn't like designing stuff from scratch (even the dropship bears a very, very close resemblance to the dropship from Avengers Assemble).

But I think he will make the best mechs, but I can definitely do the best original mechs, that's my aim.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 7:07 pm

Are there any screenshots of Manus's mechs?
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 8:09 pm

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 6 2hclyk8

Some legs...
Back to top Go down
Hierarch CMA
Infantry
Infantry
Hierarch CMA

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 8:33 pm

hyperlite wrote:
Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 6 2hclyk8

Some legs...
Holy crap.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 8:59 pm

DaveMustaine wrote:
hyperlite wrote:
snipaspidfdspf:

Some legs...
Holy crap.
I think the legs should be a bit beefier, armor plating or something around the frame. Like the scale, though, and the design of the feet. When's this suppose to be released?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log
Page 6 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next