Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )

Go down 
+9
Cheatmaster
Iv121
Shiva
Keon
Tiel+
Pat Best
ACH0225
Avenger_7
Last_Jedi_Standing
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:35 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Have any of you gotten Rebellion yet?

You know I have it, but I haven't had the time recently to play out a full game. I haven't even finished the ME3 Extended Cut yet.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 8:01 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Tiel wrote:
Is this whole Sins thing over?
I don't know. I've been playing a lot of SoaSE, just not with you guys. In related news, I think I like Advent at least as much as TEC.

It's a nice alt to your primary faction, I dabble in Advent but prefer Vasari. Probably because their ships are just so sleek and easily spammable.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 10:42 pm

Pat Best wrote:

No, not yet. I will at some point.

Avenger_7 wrote:
I haven't had the time recently to play out a full game.

And thus Pat crawled back into his Lurker Lair.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 10:59 pm

Tiel wrote:
Pat Best wrote:

No, not yet. I will at some point.

Avenger_7 wrote:
I haven't had the time recently to play out a full game.

And thus Pat crawled back into his Lurker Lair.

GTFO my Lair.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 12:48 am

I can't find it, but someone posted a picture on here about what happens after ME3's Control ending. I just finished my Extended Cut playthrough, and I must say, that was near prescient.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 1:42 am

The extended cuts are better, why didn't they add those before ... (I mean srsly the only big difference between the rest of the cutscenes is the color of the explosion Rolling Eyes ). The control one is probably the best, the symbiosis is sort of creepy, the destruction will mean an end to the ME franchise (For obvious travel problem , guess earth will be the most interspecies place in the galaxy after that Razz ) and the refusal (no it's not a yellow boom Razz ) is just a lame choice .
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 10:47 am

Iv121 wrote:
The extended cuts are better, why didn't they add those before ... (I mean srsly the only big difference between the rest of the cutscenes is the color of the explosion Rolling Eyes ). The control one is probably the best, the symbiosis is sort of creepy, the destruction will mean an end to the ME franchise (For obvious travel problem , guess earth will be the most interspecies place in the galaxy after that Razz ) and the refusal (no it's not a yellow boom Razz ) is just a lame choice .

Nah, I'm pretty sure they'd find a way to get each species back to their homes. Travel isn't impossible, it's just much less practical. Instead of getting flung through space via mass effect field, they'd have to burn their way home via conventional fuel, so all they need are really, REALLY big fuel tanks.

That or a few years of research and development for a replacement mass relay.
Back to top Go down
Eliuser12
Eliuser12

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 8:18 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Iv121 wrote:

Nah, I'm pretty sure they'd find a way to get each species back to their homes. Travel isn't impossible, it's just much less practical. Instead of getting flung through space via mass effect field, they'd have to burn their way home via conventional fuel, so all they need are really, REALLY big fuel tanks.

That or a few years of research and development for a replacement mass relay.

The Solaris have an FTL drive, by the way.

I was surprised too, I thought when the reapers invaded earth it'd look like High Charity from Halo 3, but surprisingly the reapers use intact ships that look like mosquitoes. Wtf there.

Was wondering if I should pick up SOSE:R. Should I?
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 11:29 pm

Eliuser12 wrote:

If you're asking if it's worth the money: if you already have Trinity, it's a little overpriced, but if you're entirely new to the Sins franchise, then it's a very good deal. Guaranteed hours of fun if you're into space combat with massive fleets since your first game is probably bound to last at least 5 hours. Which means you play two games and you've already got the average single player playtime for a modern first person shooter campaign.

You'll be stuck playing against either me or AIs until the others get Rebellion though. People don't usually like playing against me.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 11:39 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Eliuser12 wrote:

If you're asking if it's worth the money: if you already have Trinity, it's a little overpriced, but if you're entirely new to the Sins franchise, then it's a very good deal. Guaranteed hours of fun if you're into space combat with massive fleets since your first game is probably bound to last at least 5 hours. Which means you play two games and you've already got the average single player playtime for a modern first person shooter campaign.

You'll be stuck playing against either me or AIs until the others get Rebellion though. People don't usually like playing against me.
Pat has successfully held off me, Tiel, and CMA, by himself, for what, 3-4 hours? I think we'll win eventually, but that's still pretty bloody impressive. He came very, very close to putting Tiel out of the game, too.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 11:46 pm

Warmaster Tsavong Lah wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Eliuser12 wrote:

Pat has successfully held off me, Tiel, and CMA, by himself, for what, 3-4 hours? I think we'll win eventually, but that's still pretty bloody impressive. He came very, very close to putting Tiel out of the game, too.

Did Tiel even have any planets left?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 11:57 pm

Nope. That SB at the center sun had the colony pods upgrade :3
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 12:51 pm

I thought teil had that planet beyond the pirate base...

I'm probably thinking of a different game
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 12:53 pm

I thought teil had that planet beyond the pirate base...

I'm probably thinking of a different game
Back to top Go down
Eliuser12
Eliuser12

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 10:03 pm

I can be surprisingly tactical in games, too. Of course, I have to be INTO the game itself to do that, or be on a real roll. Oh, how so I wish I had bought Starcraft 2 when it came out... Honestly, I'm going to look up some trailers/gameplay and see how much I like the layout and stuff.

By the way, I have Mass Effect 3 now, and it's like Skyrim all over again... No online pass, unfortunately, that's why you buy a fresh copy, not a used one...

By the way, did anybody take interest in Futurecraft mainly because normal Minecraft PvP is unorganized and boring?
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 10:28 pm

Eliuser12 wrote:
I can be surprisingly tactical in games, too. Of course, I have to be INTO the game itself to do that, or be on a real roll. Oh, how so I wish I had bought Starcraft 2 when it came out... Honestly, I'm going to look up some trailers/gameplay and see how much I like the layout and stuff.

By the way, I have Mass Effect 3 now, and it's like Skyrim all over again... No online pass, unfortunately, that's why you buy a fresh copy, not a used one...

By the way, did anybody take interest in Futurecraft mainly because normal Minecraft PvP is unorganized and boring?

Yes, and cause starships are awesomer than anything except maybe airships and floating islands. Though I have wondered what would happen if say, 50 people fought 50 people on a grass plain.
Back to top Go down
Eliuser12
Eliuser12

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 8:21 pm

Fifty people versus Fifty People should be amazing, immersive. But most people? They just throw themselves at the enemy. With organization and common sense, planning, and proocol, battles are immersive. That's what I hope Futurecraft can do. Imagine, The battle below, Groups of five men equipped in iron with superior training could quickly eliminate a group twice their size that has diamond armour. Then, in the night sky, explosion after explosion, ships ripping in two, and it's hard to tell if all those people up there, know you're down there. Maybe you have support via dropships, giving strafe runs, troop drops, and intel. What we could do when this mod is complete, is amazing.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 8:38 pm

And orbital ordinance strikes!

We need an orbital ordinance strike at Delta-Bravo-Foxtrot-5-9!
Roger, firing for effect.

BOOOOOOM
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 8:40 pm

They're bad, orbital surgical nuke is cooler.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 8:43 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
They're bad, orbital surgical nuke is cooler.

Answering to the post I deleted because I tried linking an image and it didn't work.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 9:20 pm

Eliuser12 wrote:
Fifty people versus Fifty People should be amazing, immersive. But most people? They just throw themselves at the enemy. With organization and common sense, planning, and proocol, battles are immersive. That's what I hope Futurecraft can do. Imagine, The battle below, Groups of five men equipped in iron with superior training could quickly eliminate a group twice their size that has diamond armour. Then, in the night sky, explosion after explosion, ships ripping in two, and it's hard to tell if all those people up there, know you're down there. Maybe you have support via dropships, giving strafe runs, troop drops, and intel. What we could do when this mod is complete, is amazing.
As I've said, I'd much prefer battles with one or two players on a side, but each backed up by hundreds of NPC troopers. The NPCs will always use tactics, and there will always be more NPCs available than there will be people active on a server.
Back to top Go down
Eliuser12
Eliuser12

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 9:32 pm

Eliuser12 wrote:
As I've said, I'd much prefer battles with one or two players on a side, but each backed up by hundreds of NPC troopers. The NPCs will always use tactics, and there will always be more NPCs available than there will be people active on a server.

I don't like NPCs, they don't rage in chat when they die.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 10:30 pm

Eliuser12 wrote:
Eliuser12 wrote:

Would you rather have a full crew of a frigate, or 20 one-man frigates, destroyers, carriers, and a 5 man capitol ship? Plus, I can make the NPCs rage.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 10:32 pm

Keon wrote:
Eliuser12 wrote:
Eliuser12 wrote:

Would you rather have a full crew of a frigate, or 20 one-man frigates, destroyers, carriers, and a 5 man capitol ship? Plus, I can make the NPCs rage.
I want 50 cruisers run solely by NPCs, and only me on the bridge of LJS Art of War screaming orders at the NPC bridge crew.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 3:36 pm

Novalithing every planet at once makes the AI surrender. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next