Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )

Go down 
+9
Cheatmaster
Iv121
Shiva
Keon
Tiel+
Pat Best
ACH0225
Avenger_7
Last_Jedi_Standing
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 12:39 pm

Warmaster Tsavong Lah wrote:
Novalithing every planet at once makes the AI surrender. Very Happy

No longer possible in Rebellion as super weapons have a limit of 4 per player.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 1:22 pm

Pat Best wrote:

What!? That's really, really dumb. That removes the entire point! That's one of the worst changes they could possibly make.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 4:58 pm

Problem?
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 5:43 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
Problem?
Yes.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 7:27 pm

Pat Best wrote:

What!? That's really, really dumb. That removes the entire point! That's one of the worst changes they could possibly make.

Well, without the devs you wouldn't have a game to play, now would you? Be grateful for what you have...
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 7:54 pm

Lord Tiel wrote:
Pat Best wrote:

Well, without the devs you wouldn't have a game to play, now would you? Be grateful for what you have...
I didn't say anything about the devs or gratitude. I just said that was a dumb change, and I'll stand by that.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 8:49 pm

Lord Tiel wrote:
Pat Best wrote:

I didn't say anything about the devs or gratitude. I just said that was a dumb change, and I'll stand by that.

It's their game and they can do whatever they want with it, seeing as without it neither of us would be posting in this thread.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 12:23 am

Without futurecraft, you wouldn't be here. Thus, Tiel, you would be fine if every item was MLP;FIM centered?
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 2:21 am

Executor Nom Anor wrote:
Lord Tiel wrote:
Pat Best wrote:

You know what else they changed? They changed the AI so they actually use the damn super weapons. And they used them a LOT. SO much that players asked for nerfs to them in one way or another, that nerf came as a limit of 4 per player.

So unless you think you can out-tech the AI to the novalith, you should be pretty happy of the limitation.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 6:50 am

Keon wrote:
Without futurecraft, you wouldn't be here. Thus, Tiel, you would be fine if every item was MLP;FIM centered?

No, that's the logic Jedi always uses, I'm just throwing it back at him semi-mockingly.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 4:28 pm

Oh, fer... The thread's gone again!
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 6:22 pm

I thought that was old?
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 6:33 pm

Keon wrote:
I thought that was old?
This is the second time it's happened.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 6:54 pm

Nope. Didn't work. When I try to merge the threads, the most recent posts come here, and the other topic goes back and locks itself again.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 9:37 pm

You know... I haven't played Sins in like a month. Today I started a 4FFA game on a random map and literally stared at my screen for a whole minute wondering what it is I'm supposed to do at game start.
If any of you are ever actually going to get Rebellion, I'd say now is the time, before I remember how to play.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 11:44 pm

Pat Best wrote:
You know... I haven't played Sins in like a month. Today I started a 4FFA game on a random map and literally stared at my screen for a whole minute wondering what it is I'm supposed to do at game start.
If any of you are ever actually going to get Rebellion, I'd say now is the time, before I remember how to play.

Nevermind, I'm already obliterating entire fleets with just two capital ships.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 6:36 pm

I'd play with you, but I'm busy with BSGO, server admin, LoL ranked team with my friends, and IRL committments. I should free up a bit once school starts again.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 6:32 pm

I tried to play a game with Krayt, but we both got beat up by some Hard AIs. So then we tried to make a new game with Normal AIs, but I insisted that he change nearly every setting, and now he's offline. I seem to have scared him away.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 6:43 pm

Never again.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 9:33 pm

Darth Angral wrote:
I tried to play a game with Krayt, but we both got beat up by some Hard AIs. So then we tried to make a new game with Normal AIs, but I insisted that he change nearly every setting, and now he's offline. I seem to have scared him away.

Interesting.

It seems I'll be alone in the universe for a while.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 9:43 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Darth Angral wrote:

Interesting.

...I'm still here. Only Krayt left. And he might be willing to play with you, just not with me.

KRAYT Y U STILL NO SANTA CLAUS
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 10:08 pm

Darth Angral wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Darth Angral wrote:

Interesting.

...I'm still here. Only Krayt left. And he might be willing to play with you, just not with me.

Yes but if you get killed by hard AIs then facing me is madness.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 10:36 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Darth Angral wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Darth Angral wrote:

Interesting.

Yes but if you get killed by hard AIs then facing me is madness.
The problem was that I got hit by the first wave of pirates. They had as many ships as I did at that point in the game. I eventually drove them off, but I had lost almost all my ships. I rebuilt enough to go take a terran planet that had only light militia, at which point one of the hard AIs warped in 2 caps and a dozen or so frigates - a lot more than I had, given the size of my fleet to begin with and the casualties from taking the planet (even light militia is still a lot on a terran world). I retreated, losing most of the rest of my frigates. I now have a mostly-dead Sova, a half-dozen Cobalts and a colony frigate serving as my entire fleet. I also have only my homeworld and starter asteroid, because I lost the terran planet. And I don't have any money. And then the pirates attacked again. More of them this time. That was pretty much it for me. I wasn't watching Krayt, but I know he attempted to take an asteroid from the AIs and was defeated, presumably with heavy casualties.

So instead I've started a free-for-all with 9 easy AIs. I've been playing for about an hour, and I seem to be roughly in the middle of the pack in most categories. I've completely eliminated one of the other factions (Actually that's not quite true. He had 13 beam turrets and some other structures around one planet. I used bombers to clear a path to the planet and colonized it, but there are still beam turrets around because even with 8 squadrons of bombers it takes a while to kill that many. Those are the only assets he has left in the game.) and assimilated his planets, but I'm starting to have to deal with border pushes from the others around me. None of them have attacked in force yet, and while I don't have the most planets of all I do have the largest fleet (more heavy cruisers, light frigates and LRMs than anyone else, although one of them has more carriers than me and another has more caps).
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 3:32 am

Protip: set huge bounty on someone else. I hate pirates, too.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 9:56 am

Pirates are a waste of money, the AI just boost their income so they rebuild whatever they lost.

It's still beyond me why they send a bloody fleet after anyone with even just 1 credit on them, it's just not fair early game. The only solution is to spam defense platforms, but you have to do that everywhere as they'll just target your weakest world.

And Angral, I sent in a force of a carrier and a handful of frigates to take that asteroid. Somehow that ****er managed to get in 2 caps and twice my frigates as I was warding off his anti-neutral world force. I might have actually won, but that dreadnought made mincemeat out of my carrier. By the time I actually retreated I was left with one frigate and a carrier with only a quarter health, plus the annoying solo bomber frigates the AI like to send in.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next