Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )

Go down 
+9
Cheatmaster
Iv121
Shiva
Keon
Tiel+
Pat Best
ACH0225
Avenger_7
Last_Jedi_Standing
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 10:27 am

Advent ships are cheap to mass produce. Phase missiles just help the Vasari take out the trash and require a fair amount of research. Negating it entirely is just stupid.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 11:10 am

Tiel wrote:
Advent ships are cheap to mass produce. Phase missiles just help the Vasari take out the trash and require a fair amount of research. Negating it entirely is just stupid.

It's not negated entirely. In fact, it seems it's a lot weaker than I had thought.

Plus Advent ships may be cheap to mass produce, but they're also quite fragile. The ones that aren't fragile, on the other hand, are bloody expensive.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 11:16 am

Pat Best wrote:
Tiel wrote:
Plus Advent ships may be cheap to mass produce, but they're also quite fragile.

I mean, it's not like they have shields or anything that could be pierced using expensive technology to balance things out.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 11:43 am

Tiel wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Tiel wrote:
Plus Advent ships may be cheap to mass produce, but they're also quite fragile.

I mean, it's not like they have shields or anything that could be pierced using expensive technology to balance things out.

You mean the shields all three factions have? Oh sure, they have those too.
Oh of course, the shields are stronger, but it's not like they've got those nice, early-game, inexpensive armor upgrades both other factions have for their hulls alone to be able to take a decent beating. Not to mention their hulls are overall weaker than that of the other two factions.

What's that, you say? Advent have weapon upgrades that allow them to bypass enemy hull armor? Jee whiz, I had no idea, you'll have to show me where this upgrade is.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 11:50 am

Gee wiz, armor is totally comparable to shields, it has mitigation and everything! Gosh, your ships are so expensive, too.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 11:52 am

Tiel wrote:
Gee wiz, armor is totally comparable to shields, it has mitigation and everything! Gosh, your ships are so expensive, too.

Armor is additive to shield mitigation, whereas phase missiles completely ignore shield mitigation, and what do you know, there's no armor behind the mitigation to soften the blow.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 11:55 am

Pat Best wrote:
Tiel wrote:

Armor is additive to shield mitigation, whereas phase missiles completely ignore shield mitigation, and what do you know, there's no armor behind the mitigation to soften the blow.

The way I see it, Advent can get a 20% upgrade for shields at the start of a game, whereas the initial phase missile tech research only gives it a 10% chance of hitting home. So, early game, around a 5% chance of this actually happening. Late game, idk, I've never gotten that far with Advent nor Vasari.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 11:57 am

Tiel wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Tiel wrote:

The way I see it, Advent can get a 20% upgrade for shields at the start of a game, whereas the initial phase missile tech research only gives it a 10% chance of hitting home. So, early game, around a 5% chance of this actually happening. Late game, idk, I've never gotten that far with Advent nor Vasari.

Early game you're relying on disciple vessels and corvettes, neither of which have enough shields to even reach maximal mitigation before they are depleted, and then it's the weak hulls taking the damage.

Till you get Drone hosts anyways, but those are far from cheap. In fact, they're the most expensive carriers in the game.

Last edited by Pat Best on Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 11:58 am

This is not Rebellion.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 11:59 am

Tiel wrote:
This is not Rebellion.

Then remove corvettes from the sentence and remove phase missile block from the argument.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 12:00 pm

This is Sparta.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 12:00 pm

Tiel wrote:
This is Sparta.

No, this is Patrick.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 12:01 pm

Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 7 Tumblr_lq7dqsmRUg1qbjnn9
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 1:58 pm

Drone hosts are very hard to kill. They annoy me.
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 5:26 pm

Four drone hosts, a few flak frigates, a few heavy cruisers and a Radiance battleship pretty much suffice to ruin most systems' days.
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 11:46 pm

I may be able to procure Rebellion, but first I must know if any of you can link me to a download that has no viruses.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 12:16 am

ACH0225 wrote:
I may be able to procure Rebellion, but first I must know if any of you can link me to a download that has no viruses.

Here ya go! (click)
Back to top Go down
http://arsln100.forumotion.com
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 12:19 am

derp use Steam.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 12:28 am

No origin is best. Duh, noob.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 1:03 am

I more meant the version that is slightly morally incorrect but free.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 1:09 am

PM'd.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 1:12 am

I may also be obtaining Rebellion, how is none of your concern Smile

So Pat, you'd best get your creepy anime butt online often-er pirat
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 3:41 am

Anime butt ? I think he's style is closer to comics ...
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 9:06 am

Comic, then. *shrug*
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 11:15 am

Tiel wrote:
Comic, then. *shrug*

It's both and neither at once.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next