Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )

Go down 
+9
Cheatmaster
Iv121
Shiva
Keon
Tiel+
Pat Best
ACH0225
Avenger_7
Last_Jedi_Standing
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 3:40 pm

Tiel wrote:
Yes. I have my mom's laptop for the next 2 hours or so.

Spoiler:

I have now created Pat's other network of awesome, and Pat's other other network of awesome. Although it seems only four of us will be playing.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 3:45 pm

Your first is full. Can you boot one of your alts or my old account?
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 3:46 pm

Tiel wrote:
Your first is full. Can you boot one of your alts or my old account?

Done.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 4:10 pm

Waiting on you, Keon.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 4:12 pm

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 4:14 pm

Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 129505_slide
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 6:04 pm

Okay, I'm here. Let me start up hamachi.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 6:05 pm

Is the game done, because I don't blame you.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 10:21 am

What time should we resume the game?
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 1:10 pm

Keon wrote:
What time should we resume the game?

Either now or not today because I will be working later.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 3:24 pm

Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 4:36 pm

Me and Keon 1v1'd today.

Early game we both strove to build up our economies and fleets, as per the norm. I rushed in for an early attack, but alas, his Halcyon held me off. I then retreated to my planet surrounded by defense platforms where that halcyon met its end, along with the fleet. From then on I colonized an adjacent asteroid to mirror Keon's actions and stocked it up with orbital turrets as well, since I wasn't spending much money on bounty the pirates kept attacking. Keon sent another carrier battlegroup while my fleet was still in the system. It was annihilated as well. I then launched a surprise raid on his asteroid, taking it, but not before yet another Halcyon group made its way up to try to dissuade me. I almost blew the carrier up, but it escaped with 750 HP. At this point in time Keon had Illums, but they were swiftly destroyed by my own LRMs with their shield piercing upgrade. Curious about this new development, I sent a trio of bombers to his homeworld. Another group was massing, though with Drone Hosts and Illums..the works. The Vasari Empire developed the asteroid, then we sent the fleet home, arriving mere seconds after yet another invasion was mounted by Keon. The frigates I stationed there for just this type of situation (before the fleet came) beat a hasty retreat to our orbital cannons, where the combined firepower of 5 defense stations destroyed this third Halcyon within half a minute. My primary fleet showed up and mopped up the rest.

Somehow, Keon managed to construct a Radiance in this mess and sent it with some disciples. I was in the process of destroying this one as well with my Level 5 Carrier and a handful of Kanrak Assailants when he quit the match, probably due to connection problems. By this point in time I'd pretty much isolated his homeworld, as it was a small map and the two planets bordering him were his expansion asteroid and my homeworld, both of which belonged to me, both of which were heavily defended.

I daresay I would've won anyhow. Either way, very good game. A shame Jedi didn't participate.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 4:43 pm

Congrats on a glorious victory!

( no offense, Keon )
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 7:45 pm

You would have won, I had connection issues.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 8:06 pm

I just got my butt kicked by Shiva.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 2:05 am

Despite spending most of my time playing all three mass effects, I forced myself to draw something, anything, to keep my skills sharp and simply because I need to produce nice stuff over the next year.

Here's the result so far, it's still in progress.

Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Wasteland_by_pat22-d52t4u1
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 2:27 am

Can you make something less creepy for a change ? Just have a look at ... it. I bet it wants to eat us Shocked .
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 2:34 am

Iv121 wrote:
... it. I bet it wants to eat us Shocked .

If that's what you got from the image, then I have successfully portrayed the sentiment I wanted.

My work here is done!

...and for something less creepy, the answer is maybe.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 8:51 am

So, as a direct result of me being on summer vacation and being at home pretty much all the time, we've been hitting our monthly limit for internet usage much more often than we normally do ( we actually normally don't ) and we've been considering upgrading our package.

Since I often find myself hosting our sins game, the option of acquiring high speed internet, 15mb/s, with 40gb more per month, seems a likely choice. That one would increase our monthly fee by 10$, the other option is to have an extra 60GB per month for 12$, or just 20GB for 5$ but that probably won't help.

Personally I'm leaning towards the high speed deal.
Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 1:03 pm

In the general scheme of things 10 bucks isn't that bad, and you'd want to get the best if you plan on upgrading. On the other hand, if hitting your limit is that big of an issue the 12$ option would suffice, you don't exactly need 15 mb/s unless you're doing hardcore pirating ( Suspect ) It just depends on what you value as more important.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 10:10 am

Sins Rebellion is being released today. The Trinity pre-order discount will no longer be available, and the Vasari will no longer be OP.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 6:14 pm

Couple of "creepy" drawing updates. Do not de-spoilerize if you are a giant vagina.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 12:32 am

Oh c'mon draw something less creepy , and a new charecter ...
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 4:21 am

Iv121 wrote:
Oh c'mon draw something less creepy , and a new charecter ...

Sigh... fine.

I need to build a diverse portfolio in order to apply to Ubisoft. I planned on applying this week but looking over my best and most recent artwork I realize it's all the same character, mostly without any form of background or context, and therefor not very diverse.

Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 5:07 am

UBsoft ? What will you apply for ? Art designer ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next