Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )

Go down 
+9
Cheatmaster
Iv121
Shiva
Keon
Tiel+
Pat Best
ACH0225
Avenger_7
Last_Jedi_Standing
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 10:27 am

Darth Krayt wrote:
Pirates are a waste of money, the AI just boost their income so they rebuild whatever they lost.

It's still beyond me why they send a bloody fleet after anyone with even just 1 credit on them, it's just not fair early game. The only solution is to spam defense platforms, but you have to do that everywhere as they'll just target your weakest world.

And Angral, I sent in a force of a carrier and a handful of frigates to take that asteroid. Somehow that ****er managed to get in 2 caps and twice my frigates as I was warding off his anti-neutral world force. I might have actually won, but that dreadnought made mincemeat out of my carrier. By the time I actually retreated I was left with one frigate and a carrier with only a quarter health, plus the annoying solo bomber frigates the AI like to send in.

Only AIs higher than Hard difficulty get income boosts.

Honestly, in actual online matches, people disable the pirates, so you might as well turn them off.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 11:39 am

Avenger_7 wrote:
Protip: set huge bounty on someone else. I hate pirates, too.

Darth Krayt wrote:
Pirates are a waste of money, the AI just boost their income so they rebuild whatever they lost.

It's still beyond me why they send a bloody fleet after anyone with even just 1 credit on them, it's just not fair early game. The only solution is to spam defense platforms, but you have to do that everywhere as they'll just target your weakest world.

I tried. I just didn't have enough income to keep the bounty on him higher than it was on me. My guess is that both the AIs were putting bounty on me, because my income shouldn't have been that much less than his.

When the pirates launched the second time, they hit me and the AI that I'd been putting bounty on, even though we'd both used it all. We were just the two that had had it in the past.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 2:33 pm

So just a quick question, is this in trinity or rebellion? I'm going to start sins again in a couple weeks here once I quit my job, so I kinda want to know Razz
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 2:36 pm

Trinity.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 2:51 pm

Rebellion is where all the fun is at.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 2:53 pm

You're incorrigible.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 3:04 pm

Well I don't have trinity, so I'm going to side with pat Smile
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 3:39 pm

Try Page 59 of the original thread.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 3:48 pm

In Rebellion, you can only have 4 superweapons per player. That's a very annoying nerf.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 3:50 pm

Darth Angral wrote:
In Rebellion, you can only have 4 superweapons per player. That's a very annoying nerf.

The AI's behavior was changed so they actually use them, leading to a massive waterfall of tears from noobs who got murdered from the AI's Novalith cannon spam, because they don't know how to handle a few anti-planet inter-galactic nuclear shells.

On the bright side, you get a Titan. The Ragnarov is basically a giant moving Novalith cannon that you can point at ships.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 3:52 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Darth Angral wrote:

The AI's behavior was changed so they actually use them, leading to a massive waterfall of tears from noobs who got murdered from the AI's Novalith cannon spam, because they don't know how to handle a few anti-planet inter-galactic nuclear shells.
It's still annoying. Although unless you're TEC, AIs with Novas is pretty much the end of the world. Only TEC has an effective defense (shield generators), and only TEC and shoot back with something painful.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 3:53 pm

Darth Angral wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Darth Angral wrote:

It's still annoying. Although unless you're TEC, AIs with Novas is pretty much the end of the world. Only TEC has an effective defense (shield generators), and only TEC and shoot back with something painful.

You think the Kostura cannon isn't painful?

My friend, the Kostura cannon outclasses the Novalith by a long shot.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 4:33 pm

Ah, yes, the Kostura. Point at enemy capital, send entire fleet there, bypassing all outlying systems. Then we strip it and turn it into a dead asteroid. And our Titan spawns a gate so we can then disappear.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 3:00 am

Ok, so I played a game today vs. 3 Hard AI's. I was in 2nd for most of the game (not bad since I got the worst spawn), but then I got gangbanged by 3 fleets at once. And so my empire came crashing down.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 10:10 am

Avenger_7 wrote:
Ok, so I played a game today vs. 3 Hard AI's. I was in 2nd for most of the game (not bad since I got the worst spawn), but then I got gangbanged by 3 fleets at once. And so my empire came crashing down.

Then plan there should have been to withdraw and let the three fleets destroy each other.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 1:25 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:

Then plan there should have been to withdraw and let the three fleets destroy each other.
I never said they were in the same system. I focused my attention at defending the more valuable worlds, but I ended up losing everything but my capital and an ice planet. It put me into 4th for everything, and I was killed soon after.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 1:27 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:

I never said they were in the same system. I focused my attention at defending the more valuable worlds, but I ended up losing everything but my capital and an ice planet. It put me into 4th for everything, and I was killed soon after.

Repair platforms!!!

(and as an Advent Rebel, I can also research increased shield regeneration tech, as well as shield strength increases, and get a progenitor mothership )
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 2:28 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:

Repair platforms!!!

(and as an Advent Rebel, I can also research increased shield regeneration tech, as well as shield strength increases, and get a progenitor mothership )

That's why I love the Vasari. That 10% shield bypass sure comes in handy.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 2:32 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:

Repair platforms!!!

I get a 20% shield bypass block when fighting in my own culture, as well as a 150% shield regeneration increase and 6% shield mitigation increase.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 3:50 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:

Repair platforms!!!

I get a 20% shield bypass block when fighting in my own culture, as well as a 150% shield regeneration increase and 6% shield mitigation increase.

Can I whine about Advent being OP again?
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 3:58 pm

Tiel wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:

Repair platforms!!!

Can I whine about Advent being OP again?

Not as long as you play Vasari.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 4:06 pm

No, I play Tiel faction nowadays. Or I will, anyway. Someday.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 7:57 pm

Tried to take a Terran planet away from an Easy AI, one of the 9 that I'm playing against on my huge map. It was reasonably defended, but I killed his 4 caps and supporting frigates with comparatively light casualties, so I thought I was doing pretty well. Then, after I'd killed all his ships and killed his colony but before I'd colonized the planet, he jumped in 9 caps and however many dozen frigates. This is an Easy AI. How did he get anywhere near that many? He had to have had at least 13. I only have 6.

I'm leading in economy, though. I was (very briefly) making 63 credits/second. It's dropped back down to 59 now.

Out of 9 random faction AIs, not one is Vasari. WTF?

The Xon Precept has built 6 Deliverance Engines.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 8:12 pm

They gave the advent a counter to the counter against them. WTF?!?!

Oh well, my Titan eats fleets so I can't really complain Razz
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 10:19 am

Avenger_7 wrote:
They gave the advent a counter to the counter against them. WTF?!?!

Oh well, my Titan eats fleets so I can't really complain Razz

The counter against them is too strong.

"Hey, I see you guys rely heavily on shields so uhm... let's give these other guys missiles that totally ignore your shields!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )   Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 ) - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sins of a Solar Empire ( and a bit of ME3 )
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next