Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want

Go down 
+22
Dux Tell31
Groot
fr0stbyte124
Formedoubly
hyperlite
Red Fang
Buggy1997123
Danice123
ACH0225
xanex21
Commander Error
LOZZO1000
hiloser12221
Last_Jedi_Standing
GLaDOS
Laibach
Keon
Tiel+
herobrine
blockman42
TinkerPox
Pat Best
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 9:38 pm

Keon wrote:
Alright. Should it be here or in the off topic board? I will be Protoss. Anyway, do we need rules or is it just craziness? Do we RP or give facts? You are going down.
I think facts. I have lots of facts. Here is good, but the off topic board might be more appropriate. I am, of course, Star Wars.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 9:40 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Keon wrote:
Alright. Should it be here or in the off topic board? I will be Protoss. Anyway, do we need rules or is it just craziness? Do we RP or give facts? You are going down.
I think facts. I have lots of facts. Here is good, but the off topic board might be more appropriate. I am, of course, Star Wars.

Are we doing series? Oh goody. Otherwise, pick a faction.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 9:43 pm

I pick UNSC from Halo, since Star Wars is already taken.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 9:43 pm

Keon wrote:
Keon wrote:

Are we doing series? Oh goody. Otherwise, pick a faction.
I dunno. Are we doing series? I would be good with that. Otherwise, I'm the Republic.
Series would be best.

Last edited by Last_Jedi_Standing on Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

I assume the Battle of Yavin was the time at which the fleet was at it's largest in numbers?

Now, I don't recall ever having read an actual precise number of ships for starcraft, but I doubt a mere 25 000 star destroyers could stand to the united fleets of the Protoss Empire.

An empire several thousand years older than the "galactic empire", and several times larger, with colonies and expeditions at the very ends of the universe.

An empire possessing weapons and powers so deadly that their use be utterly banned, and the weapons hidden away.

An empire who's mere footmen could stand up to a jedi master in single combat, and who'se most highly skilled warriors can bring down armies in seconds.

An empire with the power to systematically obliterate entire planets with much higher precision and speed than the Death Star.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 9:45 pm

Pat22 ( The One. ) wrote:
I assume the Battle of Yavin was the time at which the fleet was at it's largest in numbers?

Now, I don't recall ever having read an actual precise number of ships for starcraft, but I doubt a mere 25 000 star destroyers could stand to the united fleets of the Protoss Empire.

An empire several thousand years older than the "galactic empire", and several times larger, with colonies and expeditions at the very ends of the universe.

An empire possessing weapons and powers so deadly that their use be utterly banned, and the weapons hidden away.

An empire who's mere footmen could stand up to a jedi master in single combat, and who'se most highly skilled warriors can bring down armies in seconds.

An empire with the power to systematically obliterate entire planets with much higher precision and speed than the Death Star.
The Battle of Yavin was Episode IV. The fleet was larger at around 4 ABY. I'm not sure how much larger.
I see nothing about the protoss being like that on Wikipedia, but I'll assume you're right. However, I doubt that a warrior could match a Jedi Master. The First Galactic Empire was the direct descendant of the Galactic Republic, which lasted over 25,000 years. (An interesting coincidence, now that I think about it.)

Last edited by Last_Jedi_Standing on Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 9:48 pm

I take that back.I'm going with the Covenant from the same franchise.

The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 4 767px-Covenant_Fleet_Aszod

You see this? This is a SMALL fleet, with the most elite (pun lol?) commanders in that universe, capable of taking out enemies that use the same advanced equipment and outnumber them by a scale of 3, with minimal casualties. One plasma torpedo is all it takes to kill a vessel.

@ Last Jedi, the standard Protoss Zealot is the equivalent of a Jedi Knight in combat, and they have FORCE FIELDS. Hyper agility and psionic capabilities scale up pretty well in their favor against the Jedi's Force.
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 9:52 pm

I hate the ending of Star Wars. The Rebels think they won but they really didn't. They destroyed the Death Star. They killed Palpatine. So what? It's like blowing up the U.S.'s biggest aircraft carrier and killing their president. They just elect a new one (someone who thinks that the answer to everything isn't DEATH STAR! DEATH STAR!) and obliterate the weakened Rebel fleet. Galactic Empire rules again.
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 9:53 pm

Tiel wrote:
You see this? This is a SMALL fleet, with the most elite (pun lol?) commanders in that universe, capable of taking out enemies that use the same advanced equipment and outnumber them by a scale of 3, with minimal casualties. One plasma torpedo is all it takes to kill a vessel.

[url=The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 4 Index]The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 4 Index[/url]Malevolence, a CIS Subjugator-class heavy cruiser. Hey, where's the picture?

I don't know why this isn't working. Sorry.

Last edited by Last_Jedi_Standing on Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:58 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 9:53 pm

The Battle of Yavin was Episode IV. The fleet was larger at around 4 ABY. I'm not sure how much larger.
I see nothing about the protoss being like that on Wikipedia, but I'll assume you're right. However, I doubt that a warrior could match a Jedi Master. The First Galactic Empire was the direct descendant of the Galactic Republic, which lasted over 25,000 years. (An interesting coincidence, now that I think about it.)

The zealot, the protoss' most basic ground unit, is a master at melee combat. Their discipline takes decades to learn, which is nothing to them since they live for thousands of years. Upon reaching the end of their training, they possess the ability to literally turn their body into pure energy for fragments of seconds to perform extremely rapid movements.

During a confrontation between a high templar and dark templar party on the planet char, to which Jim Raynor was witness, the two groups proceeded to fight each other for several minutes without either side taking so much as a single hit, like a deadly ballet.
You're talking about light-fast strikes and dodges.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 9:55 pm

The zealot, the protoss' most basic ground unit, is a master at melee combat. Their discipline takes decades to learn, which is nothing to them since they live for thousands of years. Upon reaching the end of their training, they possess the ability to literally turn their body into pure energy for fragments of seconds to perform extremely rapid movements.

During a confrontation between a high templar and dark templar party on the planet char, to which Jim Raynor was witness, the two groups proceeded to fight each other for several minutes without either side taking so much as a single hit, like a deadly ballet.
You're talking about light-fast strikes and dodges.
I'm talking about using the Force to anticipate the enemy's movements before they happen.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 9:56 pm

Quote :
I'm talking about using the Force to anticipate the enemy's movements before they happen.

Anticipate all you want, they can read your mind, move at the speed of light, and got a few telekinetic tricks of their own.

And again, this is just the basic zealot.
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 9:57 pm

That, my dear sir, is why I live in a different dimension.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 9:58 pm

Quote :

Anticipate all you want, they can read your mind, move at the speed of light, and got a few telekinetic tricks of their own.

And again, this is just the basic zealot.
Jedi can do all of that.
This looks like we're going to argue to a standstill.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 9:59 pm

And I am talking about doing the exact same thing. Exept then we bring in the Colossi. Bye-Bye Jedi!

And I have a secret weapon. DARK VOICE TIME, but only if I get desperate.

And again, your most trained warrior, vs our foot unit.
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:00 pm

Jedi can't move at the speed of light. Neither can zealots. Even if they can turn into energy, energy only moves at the speed of light in a vacuum. So unless your fighting in space, outside of a spaceship, outside of a spacesuit, you can't move at the speed of light.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:00 pm

Tiel wrote:
The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 4 Index
Malevolence, a CIS Subjugator-class heavy cruiser. Hey, where's the picture?

That's a fake link, must be a .png or .jpg , -jpg is to prevent hotlinking.

In any case I know what you're talking about, and while I do give credit to the EMP pulses, they would only knock out shields. Three CCS class cruisers, or hell, just a two destroyers could take on a Providence class battleship and win.

Battle would go as follows:

Commander of Providence opens up with EMP, dispelling shields, and then opens up with laser cannons

Lasers do damage to the two Destroyers, but with lightning accuracy uses its Energy Projectors, lowering the Providence's shield as well. The second fires a volley of plasma torpedos toward the Providence

It's all over.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:02 pm

GLaDOS wrote:
Jedi can't move at the speed of light. Neither can zealots. Even if they can turn into energy, energy only moves at the speed of light in a vacuum. So unless your fighting in space, outside of a spaceship, outside of a spacesuit, you can't move at the speed of light.
Ok. But Jedi Force Run is really fast.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:03 pm

Tiel wrote:
Tiel wrote:
The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 4 Index
Malevolence, a CIS Subjugator-class heavy cruiser. Hey, where's the picture?

That's a fake link, must be a .png or .jpg , -jpg is to prevent hotlinking.

In any case I know what you're talking about, and while I do give credit to the EMP pulses, they would only knock out shields. Three CCS class cruisers, or hell, just a two destroyers could take on a Providence class battleship and win.

Battle would go as follows:

Commander of Providence opens up with EMP, dispelling shields, and then opens up with laser cannons

Lasers do damage to the two Destroyers, but with lightning accuracy uses its Energy Projectors, lowering the Providence's shield as well. The second fires a volley of plasma torpedos toward the Providence

It's all over.
Thank you for your help with the picture.

BTW, you mean Subjugator-class. Providence-class is the Invisible Hand.

Last edited by Last_Jedi_Standing on Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:04 pm

GLaDOS wrote:

Show me one thing where they move they even break the speed of sound.
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:04 pm

Not as fast as my computing power. And my computers have lasers. That move faster then anything. Except maybe the Owl King. I beat you all, as I can churn out robots like that at 5 per second.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:05 pm

Whoopsies!
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:05 pm

GLaDOS wrote:
Not as fast as my computing power. And my computers have lasers. That move faster then anything. Except maybe the Owl King. I beat you all, as I can churn out robots like that at 5 per second.

Errrmmm, your turrets take like 50 seconds to aim.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Keon wrote:
GLaDOS wrote:

/watch?v=t3dI-ghYimg (enter it after youtube.com , I can't post links)
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:06 pm

Keon wrote:
GLaDOS wrote:

In Episode I, on the Trade Federation battleship, Obi-wan and Qui-gon blur and disappear down a corridor. That is the only place in the movies it happens.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want
Page 4 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next