Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want

Go down 
+22
Dux Tell31
Groot
fr0stbyte124
Formedoubly
hyperlite
Red Fang
Buggy1997123
Danice123
ACH0225
xanex21
Commander Error
LOZZO1000
hiloser12221
Last_Jedi_Standing
GLaDOS
Laibach
Keon
Tiel+
herobrine
blockman42
TinkerPox
Pat Best
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19
AuthorMessage
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 10:47 pm

stop incorrectly abriviating the yuuzhan vong as "vong" which implies that one was disowned by one's family and one's gods : )

now the yuuzhan vong would clearly win
Back to top Go down
http://arsln100.forumotion.com
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 10:52 pm

shpenney wrote:
stop incorrectly abriviating the yuuzhan vong as "vong" which implies that one was disowned by one's family and one's gods : )

They killed 365 trillion beings. I'll call them whatever I want to.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 7:13 am

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
shpenney wrote:

They killed 365 trillion beings. I'll call them whatever I want to.

I think a better way to say that would to be:

They killed 365 trillion beings. I'll call them whatever they want me to.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 7:20 pm

I'm stuck in a building filled with hipsters.

HELP ME.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 7:59 pm

Pat Best wrote:
I'm stuck in a building filled with hipsters.

HELP ME.
Step 1: Put out a cry for help on the Internet. COMPLETED
Step 2: Radio for air support. IN PROGRESS
Step 3: Draw your pistol. PENDING
Step 4: Murderous rampage. PENDING
Step 5: Exit building. PENDING
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 8:01 pm

SEND THE BANHAMMER!
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 8:26 pm

The DJ arrived.

...is this what passes for popular music these days?
Back to top Go down
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 12:09 am

Pat Best wrote:
The DJ arrived.

...is this what passes for popular music these days?
Yes.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 1:27 pm

The Flood from Halo vs the Reapers from Mass Effect.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 2:06 pm

Legion wrote:
The Flood from Halo vs the Reapers from Mass Effect.

I really don't see how the flood will manage to take down one of them 2km reaper capital ships?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 2:28 pm

All they have to do is launch an infection form and some biomass, probably make it into a torpedo, and within minutes they'll control the ship. Never mind that the Flood are capable of making their own Capships, it just takes a while.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 4:25 pm

Legion wrote:
All they have to do is launch an infection form and some biomass, probably make it into a torpedo, and within minutes they'll control the ship. Never mind that the Flood are capable of making their own Capships, it just takes a while.

How will they control it? The thing is a sentient being. How will they launch things too? They don't exactly have catapults.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 4:31 pm

You tell me. They can corrupt sentient minds and have been known to take control of massive capital ships, AI or not. I'm a Halo canon fanatic and I don't even know how they do it, only that they do it.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 5:12 pm

Legion wrote:
You tell me. They can corrupt sentient minds and have been known to take control of massive capital ships, AI or not. I'm a Halo canon fanatic and I don't even know how they do it, only that they do it.
My understanding is that infection forms burrow into your chest and connect directly with your central nervous system. They implant Flood super-cells, which convert you, if you have the right nervous system and enough calcium. That's why only a few creatures can become infection forms. They have to be large enough, and they have to have the right kind of nervous system, and they have to have large supplies of calcium in their bodies, and only a few species fall into all three categories. Humans work, and so do Sangheili and Jiralhanae. Unggoy and Kig-yar work, but are too small to be common. San-Shyuum are too small and they have strange nervous systems. Yanme'e are too small, have strange nervous systems, and have very little calcium. Hurgarok have strange nervous systems and virtually no calcium. Mgalekgolo don't have nervous systems, are large clusters of tiny worms, and have almost no calcium.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 5:39 pm

Hate to be rude Jedi, but I know tongue

What I'm talking about is that the Flood have been known to control massive capital ships and influence AIs; in this way they'd have a sporting chance vs the Reapers. But the question is, how? Do they simply use crew members? Or are they capable of interacting with the ship itself?
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 6:06 pm

There's a difference between controlling the crew of a capital ship, or one small AI, compared to a sentient capital ship linked to thousands of others hellbent on your destruction.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 6:07 pm

Not that I'm taking the Reaper's side or anything, but I just don't see how the flood could do much in this scenario.

The Zerg swarm might have a better chance.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 6:16 pm

Legion wrote:
Hate to be rude Jedi, but I know tongue

What I'm talking about is that the Flood have been known to control massive capital ships and influence AIs; in this way they'd have a sporting chance vs the Reapers. But the question is, how? Do they simply use crew members? Or are they capable of interacting with the ship itself?
Sorry. I though you meant how the Flood infect people.

My guess would be that the Flood combat forms just drive the ship. That probably only works after they get a Gravemind, and even then they don't do it well. They just try to crash the ship into the next target. I don't think they can really influence AIs, although Medicant Bias did joint them after he went rampant.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 6:20 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Not that I'm taking the Reaper's side or anything, but I just don't see how the flood could do much in this scenario.

Well, given that a handful of Mutalisks can take out a capital ship like the Norad II with little trouble I'm inclined to agree.
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 6:39 pm

hyperlite wrote:
SEND THE BANHAMMER!

SEND THE TACTICAL SHEEP!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 11:55 pm

Legion wrote:
Pat Best wrote:

Well, given that a handful of Mutalisks can take out a capital ship like the Norad II with little trouble I'm inclined to agree.

Yeah but the Norad is a weak piece of shit compared to a Reaper. Now that I know Sins, I'm horribly disappointed by Starcraft ships.

I mean, a Protoss Mothership dies in seconds of exposed fire. My Eradica Titan died after 15 minutes of one-vs-all against an large enemy fleet, their titan plus a fully upgraded military starbase. Even then I took out several defense structures and punched a big hole in the fleet.

A Battlecruiser also dies in seconds of exposed enemy fire. My Radiance Battleship's shield mitigation would instead rise to the max and still have plenty of shield points left by the time the rest of my fleet got there to save it.

In the end, I quote my friend with a saying that explains it all: "Terran Cattlebruiser"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want
Page 19 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19