Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want

Go down 
+22
Dux Tell31
Groot
fr0stbyte124
Formedoubly
hyperlite
Red Fang
Buggy1997123
Danice123
ACH0225
xanex21
Commander Error
LOZZO1000
hiloser12221
Last_Jedi_Standing
GLaDOS
Laibach
Keon
Tiel+
herobrine
blockman42
TinkerPox
Pat Best
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 12:23 am

Tiel wrote:
This video begs to differ.

Youtube /watch?v=zxX0DKE3oqw

Honestly, this 7 days limit is atrocious. I can UNDERSTAND pictures, and I can post those, but why not youtube videos? It's not like you can upload pr0n there or anything.

e: I am ALSO the avid SC fan Very Happy

What class are we talking here? The Hyperion is a Behemoth class, which requires science facilities on the surface to gain access to Mr. Yamato cannon. The Venators would just sit back and charge dem turbolasers. But, if we're talking Minotaur, then the scales are more evenly balanced. A sole Yamato can knock out a Protoss shield and do superficial damage. I'd imagine Republic ships have weaker ones, and thus would be killed in 2-3 shots; easy task for a fleet. Without the Yamato, though, they're restricted to the 8 or so med cannons which don't do too much damage against shielded opponents..

Now now, don't compare a game to a movie in that way.

You don't think the Venators needed any technological development? I'm sure they got planetfulls of facilities developping these ships and weapons.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 12:33 am

I've played both SC's. I don't see what's wrong with 2, but to each their own I suppose. I wouldn't dare to touch online in either though, lol!

But Behemoth class Battlecruisers require facilities on the ground to have Yamatos, period. On a nearby asteroid or planet. In the Brood War campaign you could completely screw over Mengsk's fleet of BC's by decimating his Science Labs.

Whereas once a Venator is outfitted, it's good for life. No strings attached.

As for Sins, good game. I've played it once or twice but my home fleets always get pushed back by them darn pirate raids. I do have an infatuation with their designs, they're very unique and practical for the most part (except the Vasari imo)

And Titans?

The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 2 C9898916_mother-of-god-super-troopers1

I completely missed that trailer, so thanks for sharing. They're doing a better job at advertising this time around - short and to the point. I wouldn't be surprised if that video alone pulled in a good amount of the FPS following. I still think a death star would beat a Titan, given the chance rendeer
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 12:37 am

Quote :
I completely missed that trailer, so thanks for sharing. They're doing a better job at advertising this time around - short and to the point. I wouldn't be surprised if that video alone pulled in a good amount of the FPS following. I still think a death star would beat a Titan, given the chance

Yes well there's only the one Death Star and it costs ridiculous amounts of money and took a very long time to build.

The Titan ships, while being massive juggernaughts of death, are less expensive, faster to build, and would probably have an entire fleet at their backs.

Actually, no, the Death Star would lose.

If it managed to fire its main weapon, then it would win, but unlike most ships, the ones in Sins of a Solar Empire seem to actually have good engines and move around very fast. Even something as massive as a Titan ship could avoid getting in the line of fire of the Death Star's main weapon, leaving it only with it's puny turbolasers and tie fighters.

Now, I assume the TIEs don't even make it through the armor of the Titan, or not before it digs a massive hole in the Star's flank, disabling the entire station.

Also, I do assume that their massive success since their initial launch has provided much funding to Stardock, money which they then used to pay computer guys to make awesome videos like that one, to advertise and make even moar money.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 1:05 am

Death Star was a siege cannon. A fighter beat it. It wasn't powerful.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 9:08 am

It had a weakness against starcraft, yeah. But it was specifically designed as an oversized capital ship; a fleet destroyer if you will. But I concede your point.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 2:44 pm

Pat22 ( The One. ) wrote:
Quote :
e: I am ALSO the avid SC fan

Don't mistake my admiration for the Battlecruiser's power as a sign of admiration for StarCraft 2.

The first starcraft and its expansion were amazing games, games I played for years until SC2 came out.

Starcraft 2, on the other hand, was a huge disappointment. I bought it, played the campaign once, and never touched it again.

I've got most ( I think all of the books ) which were quite interesting as well.

Now, really, if you're looking for the best ships and fleet builders for galactic conquest, I do believe, off the top of my head, that you're gonna have to look at Sins of a Solar Empire, for they dominate everything in power and numbers.

With the upcoming Titan ships, they will also dominate in size.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/02/13/sins-of-a-solar-empire-rebellion-trailer?show=HD

holy crap that's amazing

Im glad I waited(read ran out of money) to by the expansion pack thing
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 3:17 pm

I'm probably going to obtain Rebellion by less than legitimate sources bounce
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 3:19 pm

Tiel wrote:

O_O

BEETRAAAAAYYYEERRRRRRRRR

seriosly, don't, it really hurts the game industry (at least PC games)
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 3:31 pm

CoalMiningAlchemist wrote:
Tiel wrote:

O_O

BEETRAAAAAYYYEERRRRRRRRR

seriosly, don't, it really hurts the game industry (at least PC games)

Especially when it's indie developpers, which I believe Stardock is?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 3:33 pm

As much as I'd love to give Stardock my money, the only output I have for it is my mom's credit card. Said parent seems to think anywhere you enter your credit card someone steals it.

I could just accept the fact and just leave it, but not having the expansion would eat me up inside.

@Pat, Ironclad games is not indie. They're a subsidiary of Stardock, which happens to own Impulse last I checked. On the subject of indies, I'd pirate Minecraft in a second if I didn't already have three accounts for it. Mojang is a multi-billion dollar company, they're not going to take an arrow to the knee because one person couldn't or wouldn't pay. In the words of Perrson himself, if someone pirates a game and doesn't decide to buy it, there's no harm done because they wouldn't have done so anyway.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 4:56 pm

Tiel wrote:
As much as I'd love to give Stardock my money, the only output I have for it is my mom's credit card. Said parent seems to think anywhere you enter your credit card someone steals it.

I could just accept the fact and just leave it, but not having the expansion would eat me up inside.

@Pat, Ironclad games is not indie. They're a subsidiary of Stardock, which happens to own Impulse last I checked. On the subject of indies, I'd pirate Minecraft in a second if I didn't already have three accounts for it. Mojang is a multi-billion dollar company, they're not going to take an arrow to the knee because one person couldn't or wouldn't pay. In the words of Perrson himself, if someone pirates a game and doesn't decide to buy it, there's no harm done because they wouldn't have done so anyway.

still, just ask for a job from your parents, or if they're as poor as mine, offer to me lawns around your neighborhood
don't have a lawnmower/lawns? I guess learn java and code something to sell?...

point is, don't pirate games, and if SOPA gets passed, you might get beaten for it XD
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 5:11 pm

I have money, I just can't spend it online without my mom's credit card, and as I said she's too paranoid for her own good. Meh, I suppose you're right. This isn't the forum or thread to be discussing piracy anyway, lol!
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 5:15 pm

Tiel wrote:
I have money, I just can't spend it online without my mom's credit card, and as I said she's too paranoid for her own good. Meh, I suppose you're right. This isn't the forum or thread to be discussing piracy anyway, lol!

you can buy prepaid cards (like visa) from walmart and stuff, just make sure its international (for international things anyway, and perhaps paypal)

which can be used like credit cards
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 5:33 pm

Oh, really? I didn't know that, my mom said something about it but I figured she was lying or something. Thanks for the tip Wink
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 6:46 pm

The only reason a fighter beat it was because the engineer said: "Hey guys! Let's put a giant hole that leads to the center of this that a single bomb could blow up! Herp durp!"

The reason the second one lost: "Hey guys! Lets put the shield generator on a highly hostile planet with natives that hate us! HERP DURP!"
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 7:14 pm

Tiel wrote:
Oh, really? I didn't know that, my mom said something about it but I figured she was lying or something. Thanks for the tip Wink

sure!
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 8:45 pm

GLaDOS wrote:
The only reason a fighter beat it was because the engineer said: "Hey guys! Let's put a giant hole that leads to the center of this that a single bomb could blow up! Herp durp!"

The reason the second one lost: "Hey guys! Lets put the shield generator on a highly hostile planet with natives that hate us! HERP DURP!"

I know. It's something to do with siths losing their brains when they ligntning people.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 8:46 pm

GLaDOS wrote:

To be fair, the fighters did have the sensitivity to fly down that ridiculous trench all the way to the hole instead of, you know, flying right to the hole and ignoring the trench?
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 8:47 pm

GLaDOS wrote:

To be fair, the fighters did have the sensitivity to fly down that ridiculous trench all the way to the hole instead of, you know, flying right to the hole and ignoring the trench?

There was some reason for that. I forget why.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 8:47 pm

Keon wrote:
GLaDOS wrote:

There was some reason for that. I forget why.

it was literally the exhaust pipe XD
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 8:49 pm

If you've read the book, the exhaust port of DS V1 was a mistake. The contractors knew it was not-so-good, but Imperial command figured a big port is better than a small one when it comes to venting the equivalent of a small sun. Not to mention, as I said earlier, it was meant to take on fleets, not a fighter screen. The only reason the rebels even found it to begin with was due to them obtaining top secret battlestation schematics that were meant to never be seen by anyone other than the Emperor and Lemelisk.

DS V2 was by far the most stupid mistake, I agree with you there.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 8:54 pm

Tiel wrote:
If you've read the book, the exhaust port of DS V1 was a mistake. The contractors knew it was not-so-good, but Imperial command figured a big port is better than a small one when it comes to venting the equivalent of a small sun. Not to mention, as I said earlier, it was meant to take on fleets, not a fighter screen. The only reason the rebels even found it to begin with was due to them obtaining top secret battlestation schematics that were meant to never be seen by anyone other than the Emperor and Lemelisk.

Well, where else would you put the shield generator? I mean, on the death star? Surely not!

Anyway, I blame Jedis. They mess up everything.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 8:56 pm

Tiel wrote:

nah, the acting in starwars kinda ruined it for me

thanks, didn't know that
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 8:58 pm

GLaDOS wrote:

I could give many reasons this is incorrect, mostly coming from the book Star Wars: Death Star, by Michael Reeves and Steve Perry, which is a huge retcon but is canon nevertheless. The engineers who worked on the Death Star (Raith Seinar, Tol Sivron, Qui Xux, Bevel Lemelisk, Benits Stinex, Teela Kaarz, many others) were very highly qualified. Raith Seinar was the head of Seinar Fleet Systems, the company that produced TIE starfighters. However, a number of construction setbacks prevented the Death Star from achieving it's full potential. For what it's worth, the hole was supposed to be shielded.

Edit: Dang, I got ninja'd! By a lot of people! That's what I get for spending 15 minutes checking sources.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 9:01 pm

CoalMiningAlchemist wrote:
Tiel wrote:

nah, the acting in starwars kinda ruined it for me

thanks, didn't know that
TREASON! SACRILEGE! HERESY! BLASPHEMY! I CALL DOWN THE POWER OF THE DARK SIDE TO SMITE THIS HERETIC!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want
Page 2 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next