Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want

Go down 
+22
Dux Tell31
Groot
fr0stbyte124
Formedoubly
hyperlite
Red Fang
Buggy1997123
Danice123
ACH0225
xanex21
Commander Error
LOZZO1000
hiloser12221
Last_Jedi_Standing
GLaDOS
Laibach
Keon
Tiel+
herobrine
blockman42
TinkerPox
Pat Best
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:07 pm

I've been making military androids in secret for some time. Not turrets. Military androids. You have never seen them. You won't until they have melted your skull.
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:13 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Keon wrote:
GLaDOS wrote:
Jedi can't move at the speed of light. Neither can zealots. Even if they can turn into energy, energy only moves at the speed of light in a vacuum. So unless your fighting in space, outside of a spaceship, outside of a spacesuit, you can't move at the speed of light.
Ok. But Jedi Force Run is really fast.

Show me one thing where they move they even break the speed of sound.
In Episode I, on the Trade Federation battleship, Obi-wan and Qui-gon blur and disappear down a corridor. That is the only place in the movies it happens.

As do zealots. Tied there.

Anyway, bringing in the HT's. Feedback drains all energy, so no force for your Jedi, and then we have a giant storm of energy that destroys them.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:18 pm

Keon wrote:
Keon wrote:
GLaDOS wrote:
Jedi can't move at the speed of light. Neither can zealots. Even if they can turn into energy, energy only moves at the speed of light in a vacuum. So unless your fighting in space, outside of a spaceship, outside of a spacesuit, you can't move at the speed of light.

In Episode I, on the Trade Federation battleship, Obi-wan and Qui-gon blur and disappear down a corridor. That is the only place in the movies it happens.

Anyway, bringing in the HT's. Feedback drains all energy, so no force for your Jedi, and then we have a giant storm of energy that destroys them.
Giant storm of energy? Sounds like a Force-storm to me. (There's a Force power for everything, although this one's Dark Side.)

I'll be back in a little while. My computer's about to run out of battery.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:20 pm

The force is static, it really can't be abolished entirely. I was confident that the energy bar in SC referred to Stamina, and even if you remove that the Jedi would still have the capacity to tap into the force again and refresh himself.

I'd love to see Psionic Storm vs a Covenant Assault Carrier :3

Or a a squadron of Carriers vs a Supercarrier, for that matter.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:29 pm

Keon wrote:
Keon wrote:
GLaDOS wrote:

Giant storm of energy? Sounds like a Force-storm to me. (There's a Force power for everything, although this one's Dark Side.)

I'll be back in a little while. My computer's about to run out of battery.

Won't even come close to a Psionic storm.

I've been gone for 20 minutes but I'll recap.

There's no way a Jedi can read a Protoss' mind. These guys are BORN into telepathy and have fought for centuries between tribes to learn how to hide their thoughts from others.

You're trying to compare a guy who can fool an idiot into thinking these are not the droids you are looking for to a being who can have your mind scrambled into oblivion in a second.

Ok so Daman got me for the speed of light thing, but it's still several thousand times faster than any jedi can move.

But now let's scale up, we've been comparing the elite of one army against the foot soldier of another. Let's take into account high templars, dark templars, and the likes. These are beings who can manipulate space and time to their will. Quite literally, in fact, the pilots of Arbiters, who are actually high templars, can create temporal shifts and move entities from one area to another, upgrade to the Mothership ( an overgrown arbiter ) and you've got the power to create entire black holes that swallow armadas.

Force Storm? Please. Where an endless onslaught from both the zerg and the terran dominion have failed, psionic storms have succeeded.
Ulrezaj, stomping merrily through an entire zerg brood and an entire fleet of the Terran Dominion without even showing a sign of weakness, was stopped by a psionic storm.

Now we're taking into accounts the Protoss elite, who are what the jedi are to everyone in the star wars universe. Beings so mind-bogginly powerful like Zeratul, Zamara and Tassadar that no jedi can ever hope to stand against them.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:31 pm

Tiel wrote:
The force is static, it really can't be abolished entirely. I was confident that the energy bar in SC referred to Stamina, and even if you remove that the Jedi would still have the capacity to tap into the force again and refresh himself.

You do realize protoss carriers carry several hundreds of fighters and pack themselves weapons powerful enough to punch through a planet's crust?

Not to mention their mighty shields and superior engines.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:35 pm

Tiel wrote:

Not entirely true. Ysalamiri can block the Force.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:36 pm

Tiel wrote:

The force is a physical entity, comprised of microscopic entities present everywhere.

Due to its physical nature, it is theoretically possible to stop it.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:37 pm

Pat22 ( The One. ) wrote:
Tiel wrote:

You do realize protoss carriers carry several hundreds of fighters and pack themselves weapons powerful enough to punch through a planet's crust?

An Eclipse-class Star Destroyer carries 600 TIE/In starfighters and 96 TIE/sa bombers. It has a superlaser equivalent to the Death Star's.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:39 pm

Tiel wrote:

The force is a physical entity, comprised of microscopic entities present everywhere.

Due to its physical nature, it is theoretically possible to stop it.
The midiclorians are only in living cells. The Force itself is more like an energy field.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:41 pm

Tiel wrote:

An Eclipse-class Star Destroyer carries 600 TIE/In starfighters and 96 TIE/sa bombers. It has a superlaser equivalent to the Death Star's.

Why didn't they just use that instead of the Death Star then?

I call lies on the equivalent to the Death Star's part. That really just screws up any sense of logic that was left in Star Wars.

The TIES are still hopelessly outnumbered, outmanoeuvered and outgunned by the Interceptors, which are not only initially about equal in numbers as the TIEs but can be build within the carrier itself at rapid rate, assuring an endless stream of them, and their robotic, swarm-mechanic will outmatch anything a TIE pilot can do.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:42 pm

Won't even come close to a Psionic storm.
<super-snip>
A Force storm is really much more than just a storm. They can do all kinds of things, including opening hyperspace wormholes and devastating planets.
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:44 pm

I have a feeling this thread will become the longest one on the entire forum.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:46 pm

Tiel wrote:

Why didn't they just use that instead of the Death Star then?

I call lies on the equivalent to the Death Star's part. That really just screws up any sense of logic that was left in Star Wars.

The TIES are still hopelessly outnumbered, outmanoeuvered and outgunned by the Interceptors, which are not only initially about equal in numbers as the TIEs but can be build within the carrier itself at rapid rate, assuring an endless stream of them, and their robotic, swarm-mechanic will outmatch anything a TIE pilot can do.
Eclipse was developed much later than the Death Star. If they had been able to make one then, they would have.
World Devastators can manufacture TIE/d's, although they have to be on a planet eating resources to do it.
A living pilot, even an unskilled one, should be able to defeat a droid-piloted craft.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:46 pm

GLaDOS wrote:
I have a feeling this thread will become the longest one on the entire forum.
If it gets another page, it will be.
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:47 pm

Eclipse was developed much later than the Death Star. If they had been able to make one then, they would have.
World Devastators can manufacture TIE/d's, although they have to be on a planet eating resources to do it.
A living pilot, even an unskilled one, should be able to defeat a droid-piloted craft.

Depends on the AI driving.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:48 pm

Quote :

These aren't droids like the ones in Star Wars.

These are robotic drones expertly programmed by the highly advanced minds of the Protoss. It is a fact that their swarming techniques outmatch anything a human can do.

Instead of individual pilots flying their own craft, you have one big entity comprised of several hundred craft moving as one, just like the entire zerg swarm would. There is no place for words, they all act in perfect coordination.

Unlike the droids in Star Wars, they are not programmed to be clumsy, malfunctioning, slow-minded buckets of bolts.

Plus it's a fact that the empire's soldiers aren't exactly rambo themselves either.

Last edited by Pat22 ( The One. ) on Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:50 pm

Tiel wrote:

Protoss carriers carry only up to 10 interceptors last time I checked. But then again, we're dealing with speculative 'lore' stats.

In that case, a Supercarrier is freaking huge and likely carriers hundreds of wings of Seraphs, the equivalent to an Interceptor imo (If a happy-go-lucky Viking pilot can kill one, then a skilled Sangheili one is overkill)

The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 5 830px-Reach_-_Supercarrier

There aren't any lengths on SC wiki, but I'm confident this is at the very least 2.5 times the size of a single Carrier, maybe more given the fact that it utterly 'blocked out the sun' on Reach due to it's size.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:51 pm

GLaDOS wrote:

Depends on the AI driving.
Of course. In Star Wars at least, droids are usually inferior to organics in terms of stuff like that. Apparently it's different in Starcraft. But what happens when they fight Mazer Rackham?
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:52 pm

Quote :
Protoss carriers carry only up to 10 interceptors last time I checked. But then again, we're dealing with speculative 'lore' stats.

That's in-game. Everything has been scaled down in-game for two reasons:

1- Balance.

2- No computer could handle it if carriers actually launched hundreds of interceptors.

3- what kind of a game would it be if as soon as someone got a capital ship out, any kind of ground unit became obsolete because of the overwhelming power of said ship?
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:54 pm

This thread is now the longest on the forum.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:55 pm

GLaDOS wrote:
This thread is now the longest on the forum.
Do we get medals?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:55 pm

Pat, I know, hence why I mentioned the Lore stats. These aren't in any way supported or official, just mere speculation on the part of the player.

Reading up on the wiki, the CSO can deploy tens of thousands of ground troops. It would've had Reach overrun by itself were it not for Noble team. But I believe the Protoss Carrier is probably the size of an Assault Carrier, if that, which the wiki insists a CSO can decimate in two if not one volleys.

Take into consideration that any fighters launched go bye bye with the Carrier's death...

I'd say the CSO would first target the four carriers with a corresponding energy projector, removing shields. Then, it would fire a volley of plasma torpedos and use pulse lasers against the stragglers.

Last edited by Tiel on Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:56 pm

I gave Atlas and P-Body a ten minute break as a reward.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:59 pm

Tiel wrote:
Pat, I know, hence why I mentioned the Lore stats. These aren't in any way supported or official, just mere speculation on the part of the player.

Reading up on the wiki, the CSO can deploy tens of thousands of ground troops. It would've had Reach overrun by itself were it not for Noble team. But I believe the Protoss Carrier is probably the size of an Assault Carrier, if that, which the wiki insists a CSO can decimate in two if not one volleys.
Star Wars has enough Expanded Universe material that this is all canon. Information about Eclipse is from Star Wars: Dark Empire.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want
Page 5 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next