Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want

Go down 
+22
Dux Tell31
Groot
fr0stbyte124
Formedoubly
hyperlite
Red Fang
Buggy1997123
Danice123
ACH0225
xanex21
Commander Error
LOZZO1000
hiloser12221
Last_Jedi_Standing
GLaDOS
Laibach
Keon
Tiel+
herobrine
blockman42
TinkerPox
Pat Best
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 5:07 pm

xanex21 wrote:
Question

Why is "The thread where i dicuss whatever i want with whomever i want " in Ship design Area?

1- It used to be about my ships.

2- The Off-Topic area did not exist yet when I first created this thread.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 5:10 pm

Pat Best wrote:
xanex21 wrote:
Question

Why is "The thread where i dicuss whatever i want with whomever i want " in Ship design Area?

1- It used to be about my ships.

2- The Off-Topic area did not exist yet when I first created this thread.

OR DID IT???

yeah it didn't
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 7:14 pm

And then the Precursors come and smash you all to infinite little particles. They have the power to manipulate LIFE. LIFE.
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Tiel wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
But hey I've been analysing the races in Sins of a Solar Empire and they pretty much own anything we spoke of so far.

The ships' weapons, defenses, size exceed most of what's been said.
The upcoming Titan Ships guarantee size supremacy since they are intended to match even super star destroyers. ( Mentioned on the Sins website, they were intended to be about the same size )

All of the race's production speed for fleets ( especially the TEC ) mean they can field larger fleets faster than anyone. I mean, they've built enough ships to keep a constant war going for Decades without any one side showing signs of losing.

They don't have Death Stars, but they each have their own anti-planetary weapons. The Novalith cannon could easily outmatch the Death Star thanks to it's tremendous range. The Deliverance Engine and whatever the Vasari have also have great effect.

The Advent's telepathic and telekinetic abilities exceed what even the Protoss can do.

I would have loved to bring the Helghast into the argument but sadly their ships just don't have what it takes to go up against any of the other factions'. Their ground forces are a force to be reconned with, especially the MAWLR.

Kostoru cannon. But that's equivalent to the Death Star V2's laser; it can only target ships. And the Vasari are far more mobile than the Zerg or Protoss with their Phase Space Stabilizers, and the Marauders Recall ability is more powerful than the Arbiter's.
The second Death Star was only shown targeting ships, but that doesn't mean it can only target ships. Due to advances in the Hammertong Project, it's laser was a bit more powerful than the first one's. Destroying a Nebulon-B frigate, an MC80 cruiser, or even a Luchrehulk-class battleship required less than 5 percent of it's available power. The Death Star would pwn a ship equipped with a Kostoru cannon.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 7:43 pm

Here's the tricky part for the Death Star though, the Kosturu does not need to be equipped on a ship.

It's an orbital weapon with intergalactic range.

In fact, neither do the Deliverance engine or the Novalith cannon, and either of those would just love to fire at the Death Star.

The Novalith would punch a hole right through it, while the Deliverance would turn the crew of the star against itself, leaving it undefended and ripe for the taking when the Advent fleet arrives.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 7:46 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Here's the tricky part for the Death Star though, the Kosturu does not need to be equipped on a ship.

In fact, neither do the Deliverance engine or the Novalith cannon, and either of those would just love to fire at the Death Star.

The Novalith would punch a hole right through it, while the Deliverance would turn the crew of the star against itself, leaving it undefended and ripe for the taking when the Advent fleet arrives.
Galaxy Gun FTW! It fires projectiles which can enter hyperspace, so it can blow worldships out of the sky without even breaking orbit around Byss. It does make you wonder why they need a special gun instead of just sending explosive drones, though. It should be noted that trying to drop bombs while in hyperspace is a really bad idea.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 7:47 pm

GLaDOS wrote:
And then the Precursors come and smash you all to infinite little particles. They have the power to manipulate LIFE. LIFE.

Details about the Precursors are sketchy at best, even more so than the Forerunners. So I wouldn't consider them a viable faction if that's the only thing we know about them.

Last edited by Tiel on Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 7:49 pm

Tiel wrote:
GLaDOS wrote:

Details about the Precursors are sketchy at best, even more so than the Forerunners. So I wouldn't consider them a viable faction if that's the only thing we know about them.

Plus, manipulating life isn't that impressive.

We, current existing humans, can manipulate life.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 7:50 pm

Tiel wrote:
GLaDOS wrote:

The ability to destroy a planet create life is insignificant compared to the power of the Force. I find you lack of faith disturbing.

Anyway, Darth Plagueis could do the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 7:50 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:

Galaxy Gun FTW! It fires projectiles which can enter hyperspace, so it can blow worldships out of the sky without even breaking orbit around Byss. It does make you wonder why they need a special gun instead of just sending explosive drones, though. It should be noted that trying to drop bombs while in hyperspace is a really bad idea.

There was only one of those. Typically in a Sins match players build 2-4 Novaliths/Deliverance Engines/Kostarus in order to have something of 24/7 access (long cooldown) Palpatine obviously had the resources at his fingertips to do the same with the Galaxy Gun, yet he only made one. (I thought it was the Rule of Two? /lamejoke) That says something about the feasibility of either the firing mechanisms or the projectiles.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 7:52 pm

Also, Plageus didn't/couldn't. To make Anakin they pretty much threatened the Force "Make us a Sith or we'll **** you up." But the Force spited them by making The Chosen One.

To my knowledge the Precursors made all the species of the galaxy, then got bored, created the Forerunners, and took a nap.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 7:54 pm

Tiel wrote:

There was only one of those. Typically in a Sins match players build 2-4 Novaliths/Deliverance Engines/Kostarus in order to have something of 24/7 access (long cooldown) Palpatine obviously had the resources at his fingertips to do the same with the Galaxy Gun, yet he only made one. (I thought it was the Rule of Two? /lamejoke) That says something about the feasibility of either the firing mechanisms or the projectiles.
He didn't really have the ability to make more. By that point, he'd reincarnated several times and the Empire was really hurting. Plus, they destroyed the first Galaxy Gun by smashing it into Eclipse. After that fiasco, he probably didn't want to make more. World Devastators worked better anyway.

What? You mean Darth Sidious... lied to us? No!
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 7:54 pm

Pat Best wrote:

Yup that's pretty much the Novalith.

Quote :

Hell, as soon as I have hold of one entire star system, I scuttle any defensive structures in orbit around planets that aren't directly connected to the sun and get 10-20 Deliverance Engines, which means I'm basically going to mind control the entire galaxy into loving me.

The Empire simply has no defense against such an attack.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 7:57 pm

Time to return to your roots.

Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 8:04 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Pat Best wrote:

Yup that's pretty much the Novalith.

Quote :

Hell, as soon as I have hold of one entire star system, I scuttle any defensive structures in orbit around planets that aren't directly connected to the sun and get 10-20 Deliverance Engines, which means I'm basically going to mind control the entire galaxy into loving me.

The Empire simply has no defense against such an attack.
Only 10-20? If those can't suck crews off my ships, and I don't think they can, then the Empire will simply overwhelm them. 25,000 ImpStars, remember? And I would guess that the Dark Side would be able to at least partially deal with that. Palpatine's battle meditation was able to greatly assist the Imperial Fleet, which was one reason the Battle of Endor went downhill so quickly after he died.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 8:06 pm

Yes well those are just the Deliverance engines. You've only got one Death Star, I've got ten to twenty Deliverance Engines per solar system, each of them fully capable of turning entire planets against you.

As for the 25 000 imp stars, I've ( as an Advent ) got a fleet of my own, with superior weapons, and much superior planetary defenses.

I think those 25 thousand will start to drop rapidly.

And no, the Deliverance Engines can't suck the crew of your ship, but if your ships are large enough, they can target them and turn the crew to support my cause.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 8:08 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Yes well those are just the Deliverance engines. You've only got one Death Star, I've got ten to twenty Deliverance Engines per solar system, each of them fully capable of turning entire planets against you.

As for the 25 000 imp stars, I've ( as an Advent ) got a fleet of my own, with superior weapons.

Perhaps, but unless you take out the shipyards at Fondor, Bilbringi, and Sluis Van, you're still going to have problems. That's what got Thrawn in the end. At least, indirectly. Directly it was being stabbed in the chest.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 8:11 pm

Pat Best wrote:

As for the 25 000 imp stars, I've ( as an Advent ) got a fleet of my own, with superior weapons.

Perhaps, but unless you take out the shipyards at Fondor, Bilbringi, and Sluis Van, you're still going to have problems. That's what got Thrawn in the end. At least, indirectly. Directly it was being stabbed in the chest.

Well no, see, that's the awesome part about the Deliverance Engine: for every planet I turn against you, your economy plummets, and mine increases.
An entire world's population suddenly stops supporting you financially, that hurts. Make it entire solar systems.

Even if I don't get to the shipyards, you won't have an economy to support any kind of production.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 8:16 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Pat Best wrote:

Well no, see, that's the awesome part about the Deliverance Engine: for every planet I turn against you, your economy plummets, and mine increases.
An entire world's population suddenly stops supporting you financially, that hurts. Make it entire solar systems.

Even if I don't get to the shipyards, you won't have an economy to support any kind of production.
There are so many systems in the Empire that it just wouldn't be practical. Their economy is so huge they wouldn't even notice.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 8:37 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Pat Best wrote:

There are so many systems in the Empire that it just wouldn't be practical. Their economy is so huge they wouldn't even notice.

Possibly not at first, but losing star systems daily will eventually start digging at you. The speed of the cultural spread is exponential, as every conquered system is soon captured and turned into another galactic mind control platform.

Before you know it, your economy is now my economy, you can't rebuild your ships that are dwindling in numbers, you can't even find enough manpower for your own military.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 8:38 pm

Not to mention I can speed the process up by constructing star bases around the stars of each system to increase the spread of cultural spread.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 8:40 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Pat Best wrote:

Possibly not at first, but losing star systems daily will eventually start digging at you. The speed of the cultural spread is exponential, as every conquered system is soon captured and turned into another galactic mind control platform.

Before you know it, your economy is now my economy, you can't rebuild your ships that are dwindling in numbers, you can't even find enough manpower for your own military.
You will be contained the same way the Yuuzhan Vong or the Killiks were contained. We will be able to concentrate more firepower in a given place than you, and even if you take a few planets, your ships will be destroyed. If we lost a planet per day, it would take years to conquer the Empire.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 8:45 pm

I mean, come on, it's a thousand times more practical than your slow, short-ranged, resource consuming Death star. You have to physically fly the thing to a few thousand kilometers of its target and then obliterate said target, losing any potential economic gains it had to offer.

Your empire isn't getting bigger from this weapon, the universe is only getting smaller.

Quote :
You will be contained the same way the Yuuzhan Vong or the Killiks were contained. We will be able to concentrate more firepower in a given place than you, and even if you take a few planets, your ships will be destroyed. If we lost a planet per day, it would take years to conquer the Empire.

You can't "contain" the collective will of the Unity. And I said entire star systems per day, several of them. My ships got better guns than yours, except for that one ship you mentioned which had the same kind of weapon the Death Star did, but you never said how many of them the empire ever had.

Oh did I mention I can ressurect entire ships?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 8:49 pm

There were two Eclipse class Star Dreadnaughts, but the second was a successor as opposed to a sister ship. But then again, there's the Sun Crusher which makes celestial bodies go supernova; the Empire could simply use that to blow the hell out of the Advent's home system. I doubt the Admirals would be competent enough to think of that, though lol!
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 8:53 pm

Tiel wrote:
There were two Eclipse class Star Dreadnaughts, but the second was a successor as opposed to a sister ship. But then again, there's the Sun Crusher which makes celestial bodies go supernova; the Empire could simply use that to blow the hell out of the Advent's home system. I doubt the Admirals would be competent enough to think of that, though lol!

That was a point I was keeping in stock in case Last Jedi got me in a corner eventually.

The imperial military is filled with incompetents.

Not a single one of them can shoot straight.

Three full-fledged star destroyers couldn't bring down one tiny little bucket of bolts called the Millenium Falcon, and then flew right into each other.

Plus, I don't think the Advent have a home system. They were exiled from their planet of origin for a thousand years and now they're back to kill everyone for revenge about that.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want
Page 11 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next