Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want

Go down 
+22
Dux Tell31
Groot
fr0stbyte124
Formedoubly
hyperlite
Red Fang
Buggy1997123
Danice123
ACH0225
xanex21
Commander Error
LOZZO1000
hiloser12221
Last_Jedi_Standing
GLaDOS
Laibach
Keon
Tiel+
herobrine
blockman42
TinkerPox
Pat Best
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want Empty
PostSubject: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 3:43 pm

I don't even remember what we're talking about anymore, but hey it's my thread and I'm free to derail it as much as I see fit.

Mod edit: You'd like to think that, wouldn't you...
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 7:02 pm

Quote :
Mod edit: You'd like to think that, wouldn't you...

Well the reason why derailing is bad is because it drags the conversation away from the original subject of thread, thus preventing the OP from getting the information he wanted, whether it be people's opinions or that answer to a question, or preventing the OP from continuing his thread, like in the case of a log.

In this case, the purpose of the thread was to show that I have some pretty ships. Mission complete, people can see it in the first post, no discussion is required except for flattery and the benefit of my own ego and I don't intend to do a follow-up post on this particular subject.

Unless there's some moderator part of the whole thing I'm not seeing, no harm can be done from derailing my own thread.
Back to top Go down
TinkerPox
TinkerPox

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 8:04 pm

Any ships pat22?I am uploading a new map probably with sdk and redpower.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 8:51 pm

Nope, nothing, been busy with school and stuff.
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 12:40 am

Pat22 wrote:

Life tends to do that :/
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 10:30 pm

blockman42 wrote:
Pat22 wrote:

Life tends to do that :/

My life is free to interrupt itself, as long as it forwards my goals or amuses me.
Back to top Go down
herobrine

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 1:44 am

Maybe one day...

But it is good for now.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 9:07 pm

Where do you draw your inspiration from?
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 9:14 pm

Tiel wrote:
Where do you draw your inspiration from?

Basically... everything.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 9:26 pm

Very informative and specific response Pat rabbit
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 11:08 pm

Tiel wrote:

An actual response won't be any more specific, I fear:

Halo
Halo 2
Halo 3
Star Gate
Star Wars 1-6
Star Craft
Brood War
Star Craft 2
Sins of a Solar Empire
Dead Space 1
Dead Space 2
Dead Space Aftermath
Dead Space I forget what it's called but it's the other movie
Killzone
Killzone 2
Killzone 3
Outlander
Chronicles of Riddick
Chronicles of Riddick : Pitch Black
Chronicles of Riddick : Assault on Dark Athena
Chronicles of Riddick : Escape from Butcher Bay
Quake 4
Quake Wars
Doom 3
Pandorum
The Matrix
The Matrix Revolutions
The Matrix Reloaded
Terminator
I'm probably forgetting LOTS.

I'd say Star Trek and Starship Troopers but really the ships in both of these are terrible.

Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 11:19 pm

Pat22 ( The One. ) wrote:
Tiel wrote:

An actual response won't be any more specific, I fear:

Halo
Halo 2
Halo 3
Star Gate
Star Wars 1-6
Star Craft
Brood War
Star Craft 2
Sins of a Solar Empire
Dead Space 1
Dead Space 2
Dead Space Aftermath
Dead Space I forget what it's called but it's the other movie
Killzone
Killzone 2
Killzone 3
Outlander
Chronicles of Riddick
Chronicles of Riddick : Pitch Black
Chronicles of Riddick : Assault on Dark Athena
Chronicles of Riddick : Escape from Butcher Bay
Quake 4
Quake Wars
Doom 3
Pandorum
The Matrix
The Matrix Revolutions
The Matrix Reloaded
Terminator
I'm probably forgetting LOTS.

I'd say Star Trek and Starship Troopers but really the ships in both of these are terrible.

Star Trek has one good ship, and that is the enterprise. Everything else is crud. Anyway, I agree, my inspiration is lots.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 11:25 pm

Quote :
Star Trek has one good ship, and that is the enterprise. Everything else is crud. Anyway, I agree, my inspiration is lots

The Enterprise's design is horrible, it's filled with structurally weak spots. That ship couldn't take a single well-aimed hit without its shields, if the bad guys weren't such idiots when it came to aiming.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 11:26 pm

Quote :
Star Trek has one good ship, and that is the enterprise. Everything else is crud. Anyway, I agree, my inspiration is lots

The Enterprise's design is horrible, it's filled with structurally weak spots. That ship couldn't take a single well-aimed hit without its shields, if the bad guys weren't such idiots when it came to aiming.

Yet it is one of the most elegant ships ever.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 11:36 pm

Quote :
Yet it is one of the most elegant ships ever

Elegance at the cost of your ship being as frail as dried dirt?

Here are pictures of the Enterprise with the weaknesses made obvious.
The first and newest enterprise both have the same main weaknesses, being that the ship is basically held in one piece by tooth picks which can be shot easily and would result in the ship being torn appart.

The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want NYsD9

Now the Enterprise from The Next Generation seems to address these issues, but still the engines are attached to the main bulk of the ship by very little material.

The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want RXOO1
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 11:40 pm

Quote :

Now the Enterprise from The Next Generation seems to address these issues, but still the engines are attached to the main bulk of the ship by very little material.

I think my ship will rely on shields too. I mean, there isn't much you can do against nukes, superheated plasma the temp of the sun, torpedoes that cause atomic reactions to start in your ship, etc.

I want a Dr. Device from Ender's Game. That is the ultimate weapon.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 11:42 pm

Keon wrote:
Quote :

I think my ship will rely on shields too. I mean, there isn't much you can do against nukes, superheated plasma the temp of the sun, torpedoes that cause atomic reactions to start in your ship, etc.

I want a Dr. Device from Ender's Game. That is the ultimate weapon.

The Galactica held up against a nuke just fine.

In space, there is no matter to transfer the blast force from the nuclear blast, and the cold temperature will reduce the nuke's heat effectively.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 11:44 pm

YES, YES, INFINITY TIMES YESSSS!! I'd want that, if not for the sake that it's in that book. Best thing I've ever read. Too bad this mod won't have WMDs, but technically this isn't one unless the enemy ships are stupid enough to keep in a tight formation (where a well-placed missile could take out a bunch) but then again, it did take out a planet in one shot, soooo.. pig

e: Divine crap, I hope you guys don't change avatars often. It totally threw me off as to who was who Shocked
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 11:48 pm

The Galactica was way bigger than the Enterprise.

Anyway, assuming nukes are out, we still have particle beams. And those would tear through a ship.

We do have nukes, so a Doctor isn't that far out of the question. Just ban them against planets. (Just as they "did" in Ender's Game.) Except really.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 11:52 pm

Keon wrote:
The Galactica was way bigger than the Enterprise.

Anyway, assuming nukes are out, we still have particle beams. And those would tear through a ship.

We do have nukes, so a Doctor isn't that far out of the question. Just ban them against planets. (Just as they "did" in Ender's Game.) Except really.

The Galactica was probably designed by someone who actually knew how to make efficient ships.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 11:56 pm

The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want Venator_class_Star_Destroyers_by_Balsavor

Pwns anything Star Trek or Battlestar could throw at them Smile
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 12:00 am

Tiel wrote:
The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want Venator_class_Star_Destroyers_by_Balsavor

Pwns anything Star Trek or Battlestar could throw at them Smile

While the ships are cool, the people piloting them are not exactly the best suited for the job, and it's rather lacking in the weapons department. All they got are basically laser turrets, which don't pack a very big punch. The Galactica's anti-fighter flak guns do more damage than that, and they're not even designed to actually target enemy ships. So yes, they'd pwn the Enterprise, but not so much the Galactica in a 1v1.

Their advantage is that they are mass produced and travel in numbers >_>
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 12:04 am

The battle cruiser is probably better than all three models mentionned above, for the simple reason of superior weaponry.

The Yamato Cannon would punch a hole right through any of them.

The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want Starcraft-2-battle-cruiser-2701
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 12:07 am

This video begs to differ.

Youtube /watch?v=zxX0DKE3oqw

Honestly, this 7 days limit is atrocious. I can UNDERSTAND pictures, and I can post those, but why not youtube videos? It's not like you can upload pr0n there or anything.

e: I am ALSO the avid SC fan Very Happy

What class are we talking here? The Hyperion is a Behemoth class, which requires science facilities on the surface to gain access to Mr. Yamato cannon. The Venators would just sit back and charge dem turbolasers. But, if we're talking Minotaur, then the scales are more evenly balanced. A sole Yamato can knock out a Protoss shield and do superficial damage. I'd imagine Republic ships have weaker ones, and thus would be killed in 2-3 shots; easy task for a fleet. Without the Yamato, though, they're restricted to the 8 or so med cannons which don't do too much damage against shielded opponents..
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 12:17 am

Quote :
e: I am ALSO the avid SC fan

Don't mistake my admiration for the Battlecruiser's power as a sign of admiration for StarCraft 2.

The first starcraft and its expansion were amazing games, games I played for years until SC2 came out.

Starcraft 2, on the other hand, was a huge disappointment. I bought it, played the campaign once, and never touched it again.

I've got most ( I think all of the books ) which were quite interesting as well.

Now, really, if you're looking for the best ships and fleet builders for galactic conquest, I do believe, off the top of my head, that you're gonna have to look at Sins of a Solar Empire, for they dominate everything in power and numbers.

With the upcoming Titan ships, they will also dominate in size.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/02/13/sins-of-a-solar-empire-rebellion-trailer?show=HD

Last edited by Pat22 ( The One. ) on Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want
Page 1 of 19Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next