Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input)

Go down 
+18
Soul of Jack
blockman42
Captain stufuzzycat
Caramell
Joel
Laserbilly
Red Fang
Son of Wolves
Emperor_Revan
Avenger_7
Commander Kobialka
Tiel+
hyperlite
Iv121
ACH0225
Last_Jedi_Standing
The Schmetterling
superninjakiwi
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input)   Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 12:38 pm

caltech117 wrote:
superninjakiwi wrote:
better, i'll show both. first, the destroyer class megafighter.
Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input) - Page 6 2012-010
and second, the normal fighter.
Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input) - Page 6 2012-013

I like the first one.
yeah, i needed a bit of help with the coloring on the second one.
the first one is designed to take down moniters and superdreadnoughts, and has impunity with most fighters. however, it has some problems. they cannot be in any system with allied forces, without resulting in the destruction of both.(hey, i need SOME way to even this guy out. any other ideas, not from karkat/vinyl, will be apreciated.) due to it's limitations space-wise, it has to attack the weakest point to destroy the moniter/superdreadnought, because it needs to supercompress all ammunition, thusly leaving weaker attacks. if it so wishes, it may use a large amount of the stored munition, resulting in a powerfull attack, but that reduces the time it takes before reamring is needed. they teake weeks to re-arm, so this is generally avoided. they also cost a huge amount of rescources to create and even the most advanced of species can only realisticly put 3 into existance. due to their cost they are usually used to remove the advantage from enemies with moniters, and possibly superdreadnoughts, from fleets that would have near parity with them.
the second one is a normal fighter.
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input)   Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 1:50 pm

So you are saying that fighter is the most OP thing the universe? That doesn't quite add up in my mind, if you know what I mean.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input)   Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 2:54 pm

Captain stufuzzycat wrote:
So you are saying that fighter is the most OP thing the universe? That doesn't quite add up in my mind, if you know what I mean.

Erm, yeah. It's a bad idea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input)   Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 2:58 pm

Maybe fighters against frigates at a push cruisers, but not super dreadnoughts.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input)   Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 3:02 pm

caltech117 wrote:

It seems like he's trying to counter big ships without putting in the time and resources to make them. If these were in the RP they'd get forcibly nerfed by Fenway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input)   Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 3:04 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
caltech117 wrote:

It seems like he's trying to counter big ships without putting in the time and resources to make them. If these were in the RP they'd get forcibly nerfed by Fenway.

I would just zap it out of existence.
Back to top Go down
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input)   Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 3:22 pm

in case you didn't read, i'm trying to find ways to nerf it as we speak type. and it costs more rescources than about 50 moniters. the only rescource being saved here is personel losses, which there is only one. it is supposed to be able to take down one extremely large ship by it'self, the fighters that may or may not be sent against it are not going to be destroyed, will be simply ingored, because you will need to save every bit of ammo. i also rememberputting in that even the most advanced species will only be realistically able to build 3, and that's talking about multi-galaxy civilizations. as i have said before, i AM looking for a way to nerf this and would like suggestions. the only use of this ship really is getting rid of a moniter or SD without heavy losses to the fleet, it really only saves lives though. this is only usefull if you have a limited personel base and need to preserve as many as possible. for the third time, i AM looking for a way to nerf it, input would be nice.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input)   Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 4:50 pm

The best way to go about it would be to delete all that and try again. It's the concept that's bad, not the specific implementation.
Back to top Go down
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input)   Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 5:10 pm

fine. i still want this design to be more than a normal fighter though... anyone got ideas?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input)   Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 5:53 pm

Corvette.

In Taln's naming convention a Corvette poses the biggest threat to lumbering uber-vessels; conventional fighters just don't pack enough punch.

'course, should you go that route, needs to be moar bigger rabbit
Back to top Go down
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input)   Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 6:33 pm

nah. i'll make em AFAFCs
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input)   Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 7:22 pm

Yeah, I didn't want to say it first, but I think a "super-fighter" is a pretty bad idea.

Also, what's a moniter?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input)   Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 7:24 pm

Laserbilly wrote:

Also, what's a moniter?

Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input) - Page 6 Savannah-monitor-lizard-0010

Invulnerable to anything but space fighters.
Back to top Go down
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input)   Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 7:25 pm

a moniter is about 2 times as big as a SD. huge. sometimes, they can be bigger than planets.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input)   Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 7:29 pm

Holy crap, where did you find a kennel big enough for it?
Back to top Go down
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input)   Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 7:31 pm

ebay.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input)   Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 8:43 pm

Can you provide a link to a site with information about moniters? Because I can't find anything about them through a google search.
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input)   Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 9:03 pm

Laserbilly wrote:
Can you provide a link to a site with information about moniters? Because I can't find anything about them through a google search.

Its a offspring of a lizard and a tentacle monster, that is only found in area 51. So no google'ability....
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input)   Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 9:09 pm

blockman42 wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:

Its a offspring of a lizard and a tentacle monster, that is only found in area 51. So no google'ability....

Hmm...

Who wants to raid Area 51?
Back to top Go down
evilninjakiwi
evilninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input)   Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 9:18 pm

No. they are have already being been raided today. let them recover or death.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input)   Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 9:00 am

Monitor = big ship.

If you want a fighter to have more power, equip it with nuclear missiles, a fighter an hold up to 2 missiles. Of course, the EMP from it would... wait.... does the EMP from a nuke work in space? Probably not. Never mind.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input)   Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 9:11 am

Wait, weren't nukes a no go?
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input)   Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 9:43 am

There was a big argument, but I don't think anyone actually won it.
Back to top Go down
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input)   Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 9:48 am

i'll se if capital missiles can fit on it. probobly not, but i'm sure i can fit a FM3 on it. not as heavy a payload, way better evasive manuevers on the way to the ship.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input)   Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 11:06 am

The Schmetterling wrote:
Monitor = big ship.

If you want a fighter to have more power, equip it with nuclear missiles, a fighter an hold up to 2 missiles. Of course, the EMP from it would... wait.... does the EMP from a nuke work in space? Probably not. Never mind.

Nukes have even more EMP in space.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input)   Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input) - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kiwi Republic Ships.(Need input)
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next