Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Futurecraft Empire!

Go down 
+25
Soul of Jack
Admiral Rekiin
Son of Wolves
Potato
Tau
oFTWoHMANoFTWo
Grand Imperial Thunder
ACH0225
Iv121
blockman42
Shiva
TinkerPox
GLaDOS
hiloser12221
Dux Tell31
Last_Jedi_Standing
hyperlite
Danice123
Laibach
Tiel+
Pat Best
Commander Error
Keon
Tell
The Schmetterling
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

Futurecraft Empire! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Empire!   Futurecraft Empire! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 12:46 pm

Diff factions should be able acquire other territories and systems , otherwise there is no point in fighting ... This should be balanced though to give the "rebels" a second chance - Neutral territories should help. - where the beginner factions can mine and build their fleets. To take on the big factions they'll have to unite though into a temporal fleet or use guerrilla tactics , but this is up to the players. I will also suggest that server owners may have a home planet in their system that they can use to rebuild if someone manages to take their system. The vassal system is actually not that bad as factions can take one of the planets in the big faction's territory and develop there in exchange for taxes and assists during war times . Other factions may also buy permission to use the faction's territory (such as mining and trade) without colonising planets. The factions may also sneak into a remote location in the system and build a secret base there Razz .
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Empire!   Futurecraft Empire! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 5:55 pm

This brings up an interesting idea. Do we want only 2 factions? It could help orginise, because otherwise everybody will just make their own? It seems ruining to creativity, and what if I want to be neutral, but it is interesting.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Empire!   Futurecraft Empire! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 6:23 pm

Keon wrote:
This brings up an interesting idea. Do we want only 2 factions? It could help orginise, because otherwise everybody will just make their own? It seems ruining to creativity, and what if I want to be neutral, but it is interesting.

No...

I reckon that people (a server) can start their own faction, or join an existing one. Officially that is, not just in-game non-hard-coded stuff.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Empire!   Futurecraft Empire! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 1:37 am

Problem is I belive we'll eventually find 2-3 factions that control everything ...
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Empire!   Futurecraft Empire! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 5:21 am

Iv121 wrote:
Problem is I belive we'll eventually find 2-3 factions that control everything ...
\

Not necessarily. The Futurecraft Empire will make sure that no faction gets the upper advantage.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Empire!   Futurecraft Empire! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 5:26 am

So instead of 2 factions you put one in charge of the whole galaxy , that helps Razz

If you are going to teach AIs how to shoot guns you need just a little step to teach them how to fly - you can create some sort of an invading race that randomly targets systems ... unless a faction gets too strong so they attack it to weaken it.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Empire!   Futurecraft Empire! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Thats the job of the Futurecraft Empire, which should be exclusive after the first release. FE can just send the Banhammer and its acompanying fleet to "free up" some systems.
Back to top Go down
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Empire!   Futurecraft Empire! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 4:40 pm

as much as i want to be a part of the empire, i'm not sure that the empire would aprove of my"guerilla" tactics.....
AKA i get far ranged high powered lasers and the farthest ranged sensors ever, and then shoot from afar.....
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Empire!   Futurecraft Empire! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 4:51 pm

Then the empire should be like an alien race of some sort - it's cooler than just a faction Razz .
Back to top Go down
Son of Wolves
Recruit
Recruit
Son of Wolves

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Empire!   Futurecraft Empire! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 5:46 pm

superninjakiwi wrote:
as much as i want to be a part of the empire, i'm not sure that the empire would aprove of my"guerilla" tactics.....
AKA i get far ranged high powered lasers and the farthest ranged sensors ever, and then shoot from afar.....

Do you want to ally with me? I already have a bunch of my real life friends allied with me and we are currently working on a ship on the server I run.
Back to top Go down
Red Fang
Recruit
Recruit
Red Fang

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Empire!   Futurecraft Empire! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 6:07 pm

So I guess I have to do this, soooo... Fine, let's get this over with. Dracolith pledges all ship schematics except Bellator Fortudinis to the Futurecraft Empire. That ship deserves to be scrapped.

Last edited by Red Fang on Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Empire!   Futurecraft Empire! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 8:43 pm

Son of Wolves wrote:
superninjakiwi wrote:

Do you want to ally with me? I already have a bunch of my real life friends allied with me and we are currently working on a ship on the server I run.
sure
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Empire!   Futurecraft Empire! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 8:48 pm

Iv121 wrote:
So instead of 2 factions you put one in charge of the whole galaxy , that helps Razz

If you are going to teach AIs how to shoot guns you need just a little step to teach them how to fly - you can create some sort of an invading race that randomly targets systems ... unless a faction gets too strong so they attack it to weaken it.

Or we could make a faction like the Reaper in ME3 to destroy the one ruling faction (other the FCE)
Back to top Go down
Son of Wolves
Recruit
Recruit
Son of Wolves

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Empire!   Futurecraft Empire! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 9:53 pm

superninjakiwi wrote:
Son of Wolves wrote:
superninjakiwi wrote:

sure

Should I make a thread so that we can try and recruit others (if everyone else is so cowardly that they automatically join the FCE that won't work though Sad )
Back to top Go down
Son of Wolves
Recruit
Recruit
Son of Wolves

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Empire!   Futurecraft Empire! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 9:54 pm

blockman42 wrote:
Iv121 wrote:

Or we could make a faction like the Reaper in ME3 to destroy the one ruling faction (other the FCE)

COME ON PEOPLE. We need something or someone to have the power to stand up to the FCE or else there is no fun in it.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Empire!   Futurecraft Empire! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 12:38 am

ALL FACTIONS UNITE TO DESTROY THE BANHAMMER ! I support mac Razz .
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Empire!   Futurecraft Empire! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 2:40 am

Put it this way: you can all have your individual factions, and also be a part of the Futurecraft Empire.

Also, the Futurecraft Empire is the developer's faction, it is sort of like the "police force" of the galaxy: if someone has a complaint, they tell us, and we try to solve it in-game, rather than on the side.

The FCE will also stop any one faction from becoming too superior, while trying to... minimize loss of hours of work. We'll give the enemy a chance of winning.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Empire!   Futurecraft Empire! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 6:05 am

And if someone defeats your fleet what's next ? Will you cheat or something to come with superior forces ? and if you won't how do you plan to balance the powers again ?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Empire!   Futurecraft Empire! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 6:17 am

pssst. we should all gang up on FCE and blow them all up. psst.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Empire!   Futurecraft Empire! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 6:59 am

Legion wrote:
pssst. we should all gang up in FCE and blow them all up from inside. psst.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Empire!   Futurecraft Empire! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 10:28 am

Good. So, FE is just a fancy way of saying "Justice system and Banhammer"

Anyway, I think we should have a faction we play on, and a separate one for justice.
Back to top Go down
Son of Wolves
Recruit
Recruit
Son of Wolves

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Empire!   Futurecraft Empire! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 3:11 pm

Iv is right, if someone does beat you what stops them from conquering the whole universe?!!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?! Unless you cheat an even better fleet in. Or The Intelligence discovers inter-dimensional travel, if you have seen my story on the Minecraft forums then you know what I am talking about.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Empire!   Futurecraft Empire! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 5:11 pm

Keon wrote:

Anyway, I think we should have a faction we play on, and a separate one for justice.

Pretty much. I want to create Asgard now...

With my city-ship parked in the middle of it.

Also, if the "justice" fleet is defeated, it doesn't matter, it will have put a large enough dent in the enemies forces to tip the balance.

The FCE won't have a home planet as such. When it need to be used, the ships will materialize, destroy the bad-guys (or good-guys, doesn't matter), then leave.
Back to top Go down
Son of Wolves
Recruit
Recruit
Son of Wolves

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Empire!   Futurecraft Empire! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 6:15 pm

Lord Mackeroth wrote:
Keon wrote:

Pretty much. I want to create Asgard now...

With my city-ship parked in the middle of it.

Also, if the "justice" fleet is defeated, it doesn't matter, it will have put a large enough dent in the enemies forces to tip the balance.

The FCE won't have a home planet as such. When it need to be used, the ships will materialize, destroy the bad-guys (or good-guys, doesn't matter), then leave.

There are no bad or good guys, it all depends on your perception.
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Empire!   Futurecraft Empire! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 7:34 pm

I CHANGED THE NAME OF KOBIALKA SHIP YARDS TO TEC INDUSTRIAL.

you might want to update the OP
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft Empire!   Futurecraft Empire! - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Futurecraft Empire!
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next