Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Futurecraft RTS Project

Go down 
+13
MercurySteam
Julo
fr0stbyte124
Ljubljana
hyperlite
ACH0225
Iv121
Last_Jedi_Standing
Keon
Joel
Hierarch Fenway
Luna
Tiel+
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 7:07 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
I thought that they wouldn't move, and just stick out awkwardly. Besides, who focuses in on the units too hard anyways.

Now, for my art spam! I will art until Tiel has moar contents.

Spoiler:
It's...beautiful...
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 7:13 pm

I actually think my idea for the constructor was the best so far.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 9:17 pm

I actually liked the Guardian the best, didn't really see that kind of silhouette coming.

Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 4 Guardi10
Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 4 Guardi11

Also did the scout.

Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 4 Scout10
Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 4 Scout210

Note that I do take some artistic license with designs, let me know if it's a bit too much and I'll correct it.

The A.R.S is going to have to wait, angles like that give me nightmares.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 10:28 pm

No problem, change them around as much as you want. I trust you to make them in a way that will fit in with the style and the game. If you don't mind, I might fiddle with a backstory too.

One thing though, if you can, make the Guardian's dish look less... Conventional. It looks like a normal radar dish now. What I had planned was a pyramid with 4 hexagons or pentagons that spun around it, but not connected to it. I don't know, do what you can.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 10:41 pm

Also....

Spoiler:

Please note that the ramps are for the fighters, the pads for gunships, and the big long tower for planetary carriers to be built or something. When I make the fighters, they'll be shaped like a n, and fit around the ramp. Just so you know.

Last edited by ACH0225 on Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 10:52 pm

The Artpocalypse, part two

Spoiler:

The wings can have those nifty jet engine things or turbofans. They're there to stabilize the craft. Also, it shoots pure red energy just so you know, and the lower support thing has a round aiming joint, so that should be considered.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 11:55 am

What program are you using to model?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 12:09 pm

3DS Max. I really like it because although the interface isn't all that more streamlined than blender's, new features feel like discoveries rather than mindf**ks as everything you actually need is readily apparent on the GUI.

Also, Engines. I've been taking a look at the various flavors of Glest, and have really been stuck. I've been talking about Megaglest, which has Master Server functionality (So I could host server listings via my VPS) and other misc goodies such as Observer mode and map previews, but GAE has normal maps (basically can make things look a lot sexier), a 'garrison' feature that's necessary for bunkers and APCs, but doesn't have master server support and crossplatform support is iffy.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 12:16 pm

Ah. I've been using maya, meaning to switch to 3dsmax.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 1:58 pm

Comrade Tiel wrote:
MercurySteam wrote:
more.:
I love you. Do you mind if I use some of these for the current factions?

Sure, use them however you like. Except for the Gladiator. The Gladiator is exclusively for this RTS project and my faction.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 2:15 pm

One question I have about the RTS is sounds. Will we use stock sci-fi sounds or will Tiel just make "blahm boom" noises and record them? Also, music we make that sounds like shit or TSFH and lawsuits?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 2:23 pm

MercurySteam wrote:
Comrade Tiel wrote:
MercurySteam wrote:
more.:

Sure, use them however you like. Except for the Gladiator. The Gladiator is exclusively for this RTS project and my faction.
Thanks.

ACH0225 wrote:
One question I have about the RTS is sounds. Will we use stock sci-fi sounds or will Tiel just make "blahm boom" noises and record them? Also, music we make that sounds like shit or TSFH and lawsuits?
Sounds? Huh, hadn't thought about that. I suppose taking stock sci fi noises and putting them through audacity couldn't hurt anyone.

Music is something I have been contemplating, I have a sizable collection of trailer music that could be applied to each side, though it would probably sound terrible on a loop and get boring after a while. Fenway knows how to make music, would have to conscript him is my guess.

This does bring up the question of voice acting. I've seen way too many good mods fail because they couldn't get voices for the units. We might have to start a drive for unit dialogue somewhere down the line.

Model:
Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 4 Striga10

Not getting me into any tech colleges, but I'm tired and down with the cold, so gimme a break Razz
Back to top Go down
Ljubljana
Ljubljana

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 2:29 pm

Comrade Tiel wrote:
MercurySteam wrote:
Comrade Tiel wrote:
MercurySteam wrote:
more.:

Thanks.

ACH0225 wrote:
Sounds? Huh, hadn't thought about that. I suppose taking stock sci fi noises and putting them through audacity couldn't hurt anyone.

Music is something I have been contemplating, I have a sizable collection of trailer music that could be applied to each side, though it would probably sound terrible on a loop and get boring after a while. Fenway knows how to make music, would have to conscript him is my guess.

This does bring up the question of voice acting. I've seen way too many good mods fail because they couldn't get voices for the units. We might have to start a drive for unit dialogue somewhere down the line.

Model:
Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 4 Striga10

Not getting me into any tech colleges, but I'm tired and down with the cold, so gimme a break Razz
I know my way around audacity, I might be able to make some sort of sound effects using a couple of plugins and the tone generator.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 3:02 pm

A design I drew up for the Flan pack, you might have more use for it than I do:

Spoiler:

Maybe not the best reference as I designed it to be made in Techne/Toolbox, but it would probably work as a low-poly (not that Techne is high poly). I was thinking maybe the rear wings would be raised higher than the front wings, but it would work if they were on the same level.

I can try and dig up some other designs which might be feasible for this, only problem is I only drew plan views for reference, which is fine when I'm making the model but I don't know how useful they are to you.

Also once I have the pack updated when Flan releases the super update, I'll try to lend a hand at the modelling side here, would gmax be suitable for this?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 3:41 pm

Ljubljana wrote:

I know my way around audacity, I might be able to make some sort of sound effects using a couple of plugins and the tone generator.
Sounds good geek 

Prototype wrote:

Also once I have the pack updated when Flan releases the super update, I'll try to lend a hand at the modelling side here, would gmax be suitable for this?
Gmax would work, if you could get your hands on a working copy of the obj export script for it. You'd have to give them to me or whoever volunteers to animate in order to rig them, however, as gmax is pretty bad about that.

Strigiforme Pulsar Cannon:
Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 4 Arty10
Put through Optimize
Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 4 Arty210
I can't say I'm all that happy with this one, may have to go back and spruce it up like the Owl infantryman.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 4:12 pm

Okay, thinking about doing stuff.
Might be fun.
Expect hand-drawn stuff.
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 5:22 pm

Valyrian troop transport hoverjeep thing (It floats a couple of feet off the ground)

Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 4 4rysm0
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 5:44 pm

Valyrian soldier with surgically implanted gun (It was meant to look scary but it turned out like an old woman brandishing a banana) with alternately wielded sunstaff below. Damn I need to practice drawing...I probably shouldn't have took art xD

Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 4 2envj3q
Back to top Go down
Ljubljana
Ljubljana

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 5:57 pm

MrTargareyan wrote:
Valyrian soldier with surgically implanted gun (It was meant to look scary but it turned out like an old woman brandishing a banana) with alternately wielded sunstaff below. Damn I need to practice drawing...I probably shouldn't have took art xD

Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 4 2envj3q
What do your guns sound like? Pew-pew or crackling or what?
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 5:58 pm

Before you draw, look at the OP.

Also, Tiel, you could increase the barrel length and add a drivers area on one of the prong things.
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 6:14 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
Before you draw, look at the OP.

Also, Tiel, you could increase the barrel length and add a drivers area on one of the prong things.
Ignore my slightly crappy concept stuff then; damn my skim reading D:
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 6:17 pm

In sure Tiel could adapt it, it's just that he needs stuff for the decided factions and he needs them to be clear and easily usuable.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 6:24 pm

Even though the detail in that gun makes me want to curl up in a bed and cry, dw about it. What can't be used now can always be made at a later date; just made a segment in the OP for sketches. But yeah, as ACH said really need some stuff for the current facs. So far catsonmeth has been really good about that, going to make a few of his drawings tomorrow.

As a sidenote, I have this annoying problem in Max where in Mesh mode for an object edges can't be highlighted, so you have to guesstimate where they are in relation to the vertices. Which is a problem because Poly mode is an absolute pain to use (ILLEGAL FACES! ILLEGAL FACES EVERYWHERE!) Probably not going to be able to do anything else today while I look into that.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 9:27 pm

two more today:
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 9:32 pm

How the hell would that owl officer shoot a gun?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Futurecraft RTS Project
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next