Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

PROJECT BLINDSIDE

Go down 
+7
The Schmetterling
_Shadowcat_
Grand Imperial Thunder
Groot
Last_Jedi_Standing
Ivan2006
Tau
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PROJECT BLINDSIDE Empty
PostSubject: PROJECT BLINDSIDE   PROJECT BLINDSIDE Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 3:29 pm

PROJECT BLINDSIDE

LOSNA DU PLASMA!

Welcome to Project Blindside, the LARGEST world-annihilation weapon on the forum! The Blindside, yet another splendiferous design by ZeoNet, is an IMMENSE world-annihilation plasma-ion cannon capable of destroying planets up to 34,520,455km. in diameter and obliterating all technology and civilization within 3AU of said planet! This amazing weapon makes use of negatively charged ions mixed with superheated plasma channeled through a GIGANTIC obsidian barrel and flattened into an ENORMOUS disk of superheated obliteration, hurtling toward the target at .954615c. Said disk, upon colliding with the target, literally cleaves the target in half, in a neat, straight line, sending both halves and the associated debris into highly elliptical orbits, eventually disintegrating into millions of small components, making the entire system unsafe to traverse via ship. Is it not amazing?

PHOTOS:
Spoiler:

HOW TO USE:

1. Go into the bunker and flip the MASTER POWER switch.
2. While still in the bunker, flip PRIME 1 and PRIME 2 switches.
3. Go up to the main control room.
4. Flip the following switches in this exact order:
... 4a. Cooling Magneto
... 4b. Magneto Accel
... 4c. Magneto Divert
... 4d. Cooling Main
5. Flip PRIMER 3 on.
6. Have 3 designated control team members say 'LOSNA' in the chat within the space of 3 seconds.
7. 5 - 10 seconds later, press the button labeled 'Losna du plasma!'
8. ???
9. Profit.

Last edited by ZeoNet on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:35 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PROJECT BLINDSIDE Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT BLINDSIDE   PROJECT BLINDSIDE Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 3:40 pm

Usually, you start a topic here after you got pics.
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PROJECT BLINDSIDE Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT BLINDSIDE   PROJECT BLINDSIDE Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 3:45 pm

Surp. Grm. Ivan Kintobor wrote:
Usually, you start a topic here after you got pics.

I'm in the process of getting pictures right now. They should be up in 2hrs.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PROJECT BLINDSIDE Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT BLINDSIDE   PROJECT BLINDSIDE Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 3:55 pm

Shadow_Cat's off-topic post has been deleted, and he has earned 1 Warning Point.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PROJECT BLINDSIDE Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT BLINDSIDE   PROJECT BLINDSIDE Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 4:02 pm

Zeo, you've got the planet buster all wrong, it works by inducing beta decay in a super dense neutron cluster, causing them to break down into Positive protons and anti electron neutrinos, the dense proton mad scan then be massively accelerated by a magnetic field, resulting in massive penetrating capabilities due to the ionising capabilities of the proton mass, and also a huge impact force due to the density of the mass plus the huge velocity.

You have stolen my technology, and planet busters are the cannons I mounted on my Tormento class, which work in the above way.

You have also got a completely different process described there, and Planet busters are my tech, and the one bit of tech that I have invented (not IRL) so if you want to keep that system, call it something else, for the cannon you have described is not a planet buster NDC.
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PROJECT BLINDSIDE Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT BLINDSIDE   PROJECT BLINDSIDE Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 4:10 pm

Do you hold a valid trademark on the term 'planetbuster'?
Is it against the rules to use that name for a device that does something similar to YOUR 'planetbuster', but using different methods?

...I thought not.

If you're not going to allow me to use the name for free, can I at least license the name and tech?
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PROJECT BLINDSIDE Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT BLINDSIDE   PROJECT BLINDSIDE Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 4:24 pm

ZeoNet wrote:
Do you have a trademark on the term 'planetbuster'?
Is it against the rules to use that name for a device that does something similar to YOUR 'planetbuster', but using different methods?
I thought not.

If you're not going to allow me to use the name for free, can I at least license the name and tech?

Nobody has a trademark on anything, the tech I don't have a problem with, but we would be better off having separate names of separate prices of tech so perhaps I can offer some alternatives

And it is not against the rules, however it would be confusing to have two pieces of tech that work very differently having the same name.

You would not call a plasma rifle a laser gun would you, so why call our two weapons the same thing.

Perhaps rename yours to something like world destroyer, to avoid confusion between our to systems, like what we do when someone wants to name their ship a name that is already taken, the second person renames their ship.

To resolve this, simply slightly alter your name to something like world destroyer, same meaning, but different, and we have two distinct names for two distinct systems.

I half apologise for a previous rude post, that was more aggressive than I thought it was.
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PROJECT BLINDSIDE Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT BLINDSIDE   PROJECT BLINDSIDE Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 7:10 pm

Good point. Thank you for clearing things up. How is 'world annihilation weapon'?

EDIT: Looks like the pics won't be up till tomorrow, 'cause I need to wrap up the nozzle and add the electromagnet control system, AND modify one of my large ships to carry immense magnets to guide the projectile after launch. Sorry 'bout that.

EDIT 2: I just finished the main weapon, it measures at a total of 497 blocks in length.

EDIT 3: Added the control system, taking photos now.
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PROJECT BLINDSIDE Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT BLINDSIDE   PROJECT BLINDSIDE Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 9:12 pm

Babumpitybumpitybump.

On a more on-topic note, the thing is finally done!

Before anyone asks, yes, it IS a hollow obsidian brick. Because that's all it NEEDS to be! Why waste resources to make it look pretty when it works fine the way it is? If it works, works well, and works quickly, that's all that matters, even if it is, in fact, a large brick.
Back to top Go down
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry

PROJECT BLINDSIDE Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT BLINDSIDE   PROJECT BLINDSIDE Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 9:15 pm

Wow, a ramp.
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PROJECT BLINDSIDE Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT BLINDSIDE   PROJECT BLINDSIDE Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 9:16 pm

Prime Arc Thunder wrote:
Wow, a ramp.
What? What ramp?
Back to top Go down
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry

PROJECT BLINDSIDE Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT BLINDSIDE   PROJECT BLINDSIDE Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 9:17 pm

ZeoNet wrote:
Prime Arc Thunder wrote:
Wow, a ramp.
What? What ramp?
Dude. It is a ramp with a couple boxes on it.
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

PROJECT BLINDSIDE Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT BLINDSIDE   PROJECT BLINDSIDE Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 9:19 pm

I agree with the above
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PROJECT BLINDSIDE Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT BLINDSIDE   PROJECT BLINDSIDE Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 9:25 pm

Prime Arc Thunder wrote:
Dude. It is a ramp with a couple magnets on it.

And a MAC is a tube with magnets on it. Its beauty lies in its simplicity. It's immensely simple, all it does is accelerate a blob of ions and plasma to about 0.9c and fling it out of a nozzle, because that's all it NEEDS to do. All the grunt work is done in space, by ships with (you guessed it) magnets.
Back to top Go down
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry

PROJECT BLINDSIDE Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT BLINDSIDE   PROJECT BLINDSIDE Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 9:33 pm

ZeoNet wrote:
Prime Arc Thunder wrote:
Dude. It is a ramp with a couple magnets on it.

And a MAC is a tube with magnets on it. Its beauty lies in its simplicity. It's immensely simple, all it does is accelerate a blob of ions and plasma to about 0.9c and fling it out of a nozzle, because that's all it NEEDS to do. All the grunt work is done in space, by ships with (you guessed it) magnets.
No one made a topic for a mac.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PROJECT BLINDSIDE Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT BLINDSIDE   PROJECT BLINDSIDE Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 5:42 am

While it is true that no-one made a topic for a MAC, I made a whole account!

Why did you use a fantasy texture-pack on a particle accelerator?
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PROJECT BLINDSIDE Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT BLINDSIDE   PROJECT BLINDSIDE Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 11:17 am

The Schmetterling wrote:

I thought it looked halfway decent, actually. Anyways, none of the GOOD space packs are updated to 1.4, and it would be a &^*&$ to recustomize them, anyways.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PROJECT BLINDSIDE Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT BLINDSIDE   PROJECT BLINDSIDE Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 3:27 pm

The Schmetterling wrote:

I see what you did there.

And I would rccomend insulating the rig from all angles, otherwise you'll have the shot ionising stuff it isn't meant to and it will blow up in your face.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PROJECT BLINDSIDE Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT BLINDSIDE   PROJECT BLINDSIDE Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 3:28 pm

The Schmetterling wrote:

And I would rccomend insulating the rig from all angles, otherwise you'll have the shot ionising stuff it isn't meant to and it will blow up in your face.
Back to top Go down
Emperor_Revan
Recruit
Recruit
Emperor_Revan

Location : Aboard the Dov-Class Super Star Destroyer Glories Wake

PROJECT BLINDSIDE Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT BLINDSIDE   PROJECT BLINDSIDE Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 6:54 pm

this is nothing compared to "Project Eclipse", even though it technically doesn't exist
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PROJECT BLINDSIDE Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT BLINDSIDE   PROJECT BLINDSIDE Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 8:45 pm

Prototype wrote:
The Schmetterling wrote:

I was planning on adding a secondary magnet system that would keep the ion-plasma gloop from actually touching the innards of le cannon, therefore preventing the weapon from exploding and opening a fissure through the crust the length of the Andes.
Back to top Go down
CaptainSporatic
CaptainSporatic

PROJECT BLINDSIDE Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT BLINDSIDE   PROJECT BLINDSIDE Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 12:01 am

ZeoNet wrote:
The Blindside, yet another splendiferous design by ZeoNet, is an IMMENSE world-annihilation plasma-ion cannon capable of destroying planets up to 34,520km.
I'm new and I'd hate to be "that guy" but I just want to point out a small flaw in the original post: the distance of 34520 km is a bit small considering that it is 34520000m, versus the distance from the earth to the moon (358000000m, not counting the earth's radius). So, the distance of 34520 is around 1/10th of the distance from earth to the moon, a somewhat short distance for an immense world-annihilation plasma-ion cannon capable of destroying planets. I'm also pretty sure that no planet would be that close to another planet, else they would probably collide... Neutral
Back to top Go down
Emperor_Revan
Recruit
Recruit
Emperor_Revan

Location : Aboard the Dov-Class Super Star Destroyer Glories Wake

PROJECT BLINDSIDE Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT BLINDSIDE   PROJECT BLINDSIDE Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 12:13 am

CaptainSporatic wrote:
ZeoNet wrote:
The Blindside, yet another splendiferous design by ZeoNet, is an IMMENSE world-annihilation plasma-ion cannon capable of destroying planets up to 34,520km.
I'm new and I'd hate to be "that guy" but I just want to point out a small flaw in the original post: the distance of 34520 km is a bit small considering that it is 34520000m, versus the distance from the earth to the moon (358000000m, not counting the earth's radius). So, the distance of 34520 is around 1/10th of the distance from earth to the moon, a somewhat short distance for an immense world-annihilation plasma-ion cannon capable of destroying planets. I'm also pretty sure that no planet would be that close to another planet, else they would probably collide... Neutral
dont let him know!!
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PROJECT BLINDSIDE Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT BLINDSIDE   PROJECT BLINDSIDE Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 9:34 pm

CaptainSporatic wrote:
ZeoNet wrote:

Thank you, sir, for your splendiferous advice. Main post updated.
Back to top Go down
Talon
Talon

PROJECT BLINDSIDE Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT BLINDSIDE   PROJECT BLINDSIDE Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 6:21 am

Looks a little small to be going around blasting planets don't you think?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PROJECT BLINDSIDE Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT BLINDSIDE   PROJECT BLINDSIDE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PROJECT BLINDSIDE
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next