Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Futurecraft RTS Project

Go down 
+13
MercurySteam
Julo
fr0stbyte124
Ljubljana
hyperlite
ACH0225
Iv121
Last_Jedi_Standing
Keon
Joel
Hierarch Fenway
Luna
Tiel+
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 4:34 am

I think it lacks some units for the matter, also make it more organized, specific tiers of equipment, standard stuff and tools against them.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 6:37 am

Iv121 wrote:
I think it lacks some units for the matter, also make it more organized, specific tiers of equipment, standard stuff and tools against them.
There are tiers, just not present on the list. Didn't bother to preserve each tech tree when typing that up.

As for counters, believe you me, I've thought this through long and hard on my down time. More units just isn't possible until people start giving me something to work with so I can actually start modelling stuff more frequently. TBH, I think it'd be better to get what's there ingame and see how it plays before considering adding more, but that's just my personal opinion.

hyperlite wrote:
Tiel likes men.
I haven't forgotten about Praelius, but block hasn't logged in for over a week. I also need to wait for some guy to get back to me regarding how to make the teleporters work.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 11:11 am

Spoiler:

That's the gunship I doodled. I'll draw up a Strigiforme soldier soon too.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 11:29 am

Now shitty owl soldier. This should give you the basic idea, Tiel. If not, I'll try again.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 11:39 am

I'm not really sure what this is. It could be the power generator or a modified wall segment, or even a laser hardpoint.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Julo
Recruit
Recruit
Julo

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 1:11 pm

Hey I would like to help, you know map editor and stuff.
But first I have to know which engine we are using know and if it works on Mac OSX.
Also a link for the map editor would be nice.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 1:57 pm

Julo wrote:
Hey I would like to help, you know map editor and stuff.
But first I have to know which engine we are using know and if it works on Mac OSX.
Also a link for the map editor would be nice.
Megaglest, unless there's a good reason to switch to another. You can google it and download; it's crossplatform and should work on OSX. The map editor is integrated within the game itself, but I'd hold off as it'd be better if we could make a custom tileset.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 3:04 pm

Daily model - Strigiforme Gunship:

Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 3 Gunshi12

Don't ask about those rogue triangles on the missile pods...I did my best to correct them by adjusting the vertices, but they should be all but invisible when a proper texture is applied.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 3:19 pm

BTW why "Terran trade confederation ?"
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 3:23 pm

Uh, I am confuse. Are you asking why Laserbilly's faction is named such, or why it's on the queue at all? The first you'd have to ask him about, the second is because a corporate giant sounds like a fun side to play as.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 4:10 pm

Dunno they all look somewhat generic maybe, I want them to have a flavor of their own, I mean fully their own flavor , bird aliens is totally crazy and unique that is why the owls should stay, Tellrim I actually don’t know much about but they feel really like the corporates, so I wonder what else should be done to set them apart from themselves and others , as well as set the RTS itself apart as to not to be "just another RTS"
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 4:19 pm

Ooh, a thing. I'll make draw up some concepts for the Batiss Combine a little later, if you want to add my faction. (Prease). Oh, and for the "not another generic RTS" thing, we could have a ME-style spess map, multiple colonies in multiple systems in multiple sectors, with environmental hazards like black holes and such.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 7:16 pm

Iv121 wrote:
Dunno they all look somewhat generic maybe, I want them to have a flavor of their own, I mean fully their own flavor , bird aliens is totally crazy and unique that is why the owls should stay, Tellrim I actually don’t know much about but they feel really like the corporates, so I wonder what else should be done to set them apart from themselves and others , as well as set the RTS itself apart as to not to be "just another RTS"
Tellrim is more of a Roman commando style, whereas the TTC is a galaxy-wide corporation that does not hesitate to steamroll through anything and wantonly spend thousands of lives to achieve their goal. They're as different as the Wermacht and Sovetskaya Armiya (referring to CoH here). In naming scheme, yes - I'm trying to make this more Command & Conquerish with units being easily recognizable as to their functions, but not so much so that the sides become all but symmetrical. I really don't like games like Starcraft where unless you've played a faction you have nary a clue what they're sending against you.

I don't know what could make the Tellrim more distinct from TTC, to be honest. I imagine they'll play quite differently, but you're referring to something else.

MercurySteam wrote:
Ooh, a thing. I'll make draw up some concepts for the Batiss Combine a little later, if you want to add my faction. (Prease). Oh, and for the "not another generic RTS" thing, we could have a ME-style spess map, multiple colonies in multiple systems in multiple sectors, with environmental hazards like black holes and such.
RTS is set on the ground, on a planet full of Yttrium that every faction wants to get their hands on. Strigiforme naturally wants to keep their secrets from falling into enemy hands.

As for your faction, designs are always welcome (I apologize for the lack of responses to unrelated ones earlier in the thread, rest assured I have cataloged them for later), but right now art is really needed for the units listed in the OP belonging to the TTC, Tellrim, and Strigiforme.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 10:32 pm

Aye. I've drawn some concepts. Use them where you will, more to come later.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 10:33 pm

Those are some nice concepts, especially the facility. It looks like a power plant or extraction facility of some kind.
Back to top Go down
Julo
Recruit
Recruit
Julo

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 3:27 am

Downloaded Megaglest, but I'm not able to find the map editor. Where is it located?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 9:55 am

MercurySteam wrote:
Aye. I've drawn some concepts. Use them where you will, more to come later.

Spoiler:
Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 3 The_drooling_pikachu_by_ukalayla-d59wu9i

Julo wrote:
Downloaded Megaglest, but I'm not able to find the map editor. Where is it located?
It should be on the main menu when you launch the program.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 1:18 pm

Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 3 Why10

silent 
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 2:28 pm

more.:
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 5:52 pm

MercurySteam wrote:
more.:
I love you. Do you mind if I use some of these for the current factions?

Also,

Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 3 Owlity10

Revised head structure because the generic circle was making me feel bad. Also, tail.

Put through Max's optimize tool to make UVing less of a pain:

Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 3 Owlcru10

Brought # of faces down from 1300 to 600 with no noticeable deformation of features, so I'm happy :3
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 6:28 pm

The fuck is with the wing jet things? Those are curved mecha arms, and are bent. Sorry for making you do more work, but that looks like a penguin.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 6:36 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
that looks like a penguin.
So does your sketch.

I'm not sure what you mean by the bent arms thing, do you mean they need to look more smooth? The reason they're held up (and not bent) is for rigging, basically giving the model a skeleton for animations.

Wing jet things..?

Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 3 Achnol10

The arm structures, as noted above, will rotate on a joint when rigged properly. Pauldron is just there for style points.

There's a reason I set aside an entire day for just this one unit, though. Haven't really done characters before, so just tell me what to do and I'll fix it.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 6:50 pm

I thought that they wouldn't move, and just stick out awkwardly. Besides, who focuses in on the units too hard anyways.

Now, for my art spam! I will art until Tiel has moar contents.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 7:00 pm

Fabricator. Now, with this there can be either a conveyor belt carrying the buildings off it, or it can drop it from below, OR it can just park next to it and look busy. Also, the triangle thing on top is actually a frame of a pyramid, with 4 or so edges, each with an arm. It makes stuff with the arms.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Ljubljana
Ljubljana

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 7:02 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
I thought that they wouldn't move, and just stick out awkwardly. Besides, who focuses in on the units too hard anyways.

Now, for my art spam! I will art until Tiel has moar contents.

Spoiler:
>art
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Futurecraft RTS Project
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next