Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Futurecraft RTS Project

Go down 
+13
MercurySteam
Julo
fr0stbyte124
Ljubljana
hyperlite
ACH0225
Iv121
Last_Jedi_Standing
Keon
Joel
Hierarch Fenway
Luna
Tiel+
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 9:38 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
How the hell would that owl officer shoot a gun?
I assume with its arm/wing... things. I didn't know how to do the hands... feathers... So i just made it a nub with some spikes on it.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 9:42 pm

1. Don't watch cartoons. We(like all things with wings) can't hold things with our wings. We can only sort of fidget a few feathers there for flight control.
2. We don't have hands. The closes thing would be our talons, which are busy walking. Unless we're all flying units, of course, but that would make AA guns OP.
3. Feathers are not spikes. They are delicate instruments used for delicate flying.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 10:23 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
1. Don't watch cartoons. We(like all things with wings) can't hold things with our wings. We can only sort of fidget a few feathers there for flight control.
2. We don't have hands. The closes thing would be our talons, which are busy walking. Unless we're all flying units, of course, but that would make AA guns OP.
3. Feathers are not spikes. They are delicate instruments used for delicate flying.
Then how the hell would any owl fire a gun?
Back to top Go down
Ljubljana
Ljubljana

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 10:26 pm

^This, actually. How do your owls fight?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 10:28 pm

The last time around ACH said they held them in their talons while hovering a few feet off the ground with their wings in some bizarre flamingo-esque stance. I couldn't visualize it without it looking dumb, so ACH says they now have robo arms that ostensibly uplink to nerve endings in the wings under their armor to manipulate weaponry.

This is what they look like right now:

Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 5 Owlcru10

Arms extended for rigging.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 10:47 pm

Comrade Tiel wrote:
The last time around ACH said they held them in their talons while hovering a few feet off the ground with their wings in some bizarre flamingo-esque stance.
Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 5 DoubleFacepalm
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 10:58 pm

Comrade Tiel wrote:
The last time around ACH said they held them in their talons while hovering a few feet off the ground with their wings in some bizarre flamingo-esque stance. I couldn't visualize it without it looking dumb, so ACH says they now have robo arms that ostensibly uplink to nerve endings in the wings under their armor to manipulate weaponry.
That's true. Kinda.

And I chose the robo arms because its a sci-fi RTS and them flying with their guns would look stupid and probably bomb framerate if you got a lot of them.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 3:03 am

So, for lore purposes, the owls used to hold stuff in their talons while hovering a few feet above the ground until they discovered robotics?
Cool with me.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 3:25 am

Owl groundpounders are a minority in the Strigiforme military equipped with mechanical apparatuses to cope in the dangerous environment created by planetside combat. That's how I see it, at least, which is why they're the worst bloody infantry in the game next to the TTC.

Strig soldiers are only good for early game expansion and upgrading to fliers. After that they're useless.
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 4:58 am

Do we have to be the owners of the faction to submit art? or can I just spew out random sketches until something looks like it might fit one of the 3 factions; the op confused me :3 If I can just throw random sketches at you, here are some concepts:
Concepts:
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 7:37 pm

Can we get fr0st to do voice acting? I imagine he has a really deep voice, and would be perfect for voice acting.

Tiel?
Back to top Go down
Ljubljana
Ljubljana

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 7:48 pm

I always imagined him having sort of a nerd voice, but he is the oldest person here, and, come to think of it, most software devs I know have deep voices.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 8:05 pm

We should get the TA voice actor on board. Because why not.
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 8:35 pm

Quadraxis wrote:
We should get the TA voice actor on board. Because why not.
If he isn't still busy from PA or something else, that is.
That is, assuming by TA you mean Total Annihilation.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 5:11 pm

There haven't been any updates here. How goes it, Tiel?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 8:03 pm

I dunno. I tried rigging the owl soldier and got sad. Then Rome 2 came out and I've been busy either killing Athenians or staving off bouts of lightheadedness.

That's, what, 3 models I owe you. 4 counting today. Alright, I'll get to it tomorrow.

My goal here is to stockpile as many units as possible. Textures and rigging can wait, I suppose. Far too time consuming.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 8:08 pm

Ok, I'll spam art when I get a free moment
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 8:19 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
Ok, I'll spam art when I get a free moment
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 8:15 pm

Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 5 Dds10

You know that feeling when you make an adjustment for someone you know that poses as an owl on the internet, realize it looks awful, and come to the conclusion that anything else you make on said day will likely come out equally as half-baked?

Yeah.

I have relatives coming over for the weekend, so while I might be able to pop in and whip something up from time to time, I make no promises. I apologize for the forthcoming lack of progress in advance.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 8:19 pm

That's alright. Whatever you have time to do. You ARE doing this for free.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 2:17 am

Doesn't mean that if you do it crap anyone will bother with it ... See even if you do it free if you want ppl to waste their time on YOUR stuff you have to convince them it's worth it, and no that mesh looked like a bunch of ... something (I dunno O.o) with a robotic hand sticking out of it trying to pick it up, it needs to feel less organic goo and more vehicular which means sharper edges basically and sharper shape. You should also consider distinct shapes that make your designs easily recognizable.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 10:53 am

You're a bottle of sunshine Iv.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 11:53 am

Why does that designer thing look different? Is that inthe program you design them in? Also, you could decrease the barrel and muzzle size, and just convert one of the side things to a pilots cabin instead of adding a tumourous growth.
Back to top Go down
Ljubljana
Ljubljana

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 1:25 pm

It isn't rendered like the other ones were, he's still editing it.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 1:55 pm

Comrade Tiel wrote:
You're a bottle of sunshine Iv.
Yea that was a bit harsh but hey, better sooner than later, or you can just release that stuff and name it "crapmobile" Razz, sry I jsut couldn't resist that was a joke don't take it seriously, however the mesh is not the best ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Futurecraft RTS Project   Futurecraft RTS Project - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Futurecraft RTS Project
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next