Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

PROJECT HAMMER

Go down 
+12
Commander Kobialka
fr0stbyte124
ectrimble20
Red Fang
Commander Error
Danice123
Keon
GLaDOS
ACH0225
Shiva
The Schmetterling
Tau
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PROJECT HAMMER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROJECT HAMMER   PROJECT HAMMER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 6:57 pm

GemCollector wrote:
ZeoNet wrote:
GemCollector wrote:
ZeoNet wrote:
Quote :
daman200 wrote:
After looking at the Wanderer*, I still question the giant spike on the front.

*Rename it the Uru'baen.

No way. From the looks of the ship, it needs to be The Vondr. (dots above the o)

1. Giant obsidian spike = awesomesauce

2. No, because Uru'baen has an evilness level of over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAND!

3. I have no idea what Vondr means or which language it is.

Vondr = thin straight stick. Boy, you start a thread with a name like Brisingr and you have to ask what language that's from. Sad

...... Well thankyou for making me feel like an idiot. I'll update the name when I post the new photos.

It wasn't my intent. If it means anything to you, I'm sorry.

Well I updated the photos and the name.
Back to top Go down
ectrimble20
DEV
DEV
ectrimble20

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT HAMMER   PROJECT HAMMER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 8:29 pm

you know what, the next person that says "*******", I'm going to ban them.

oh wait.... I just said it..... [Ban's Self]

Mod edit: removed offensive language.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT HAMMER   PROJECT HAMMER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 9:05 pm

You can thank me later, I just saved you from being banned.

Also, only Shiva can ban Moderators.
Back to top Go down
ectrimble20
DEV
DEV
ectrimble20

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT HAMMER   PROJECT HAMMER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 9:49 pm

whew. I can unban myself now. Let us never utter the phrase "**********" again.

Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT HAMMER   PROJECT HAMMER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 10:45 pm

Good. If anyone does, just edit their post. Or delete it.
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT HAMMER   PROJECT HAMMER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 11:56 pm

What, like over ******?
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT HAMMER   PROJECT HAMMER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 7:17 pm

Well thank you for turning my topic into a curse-fest.

QUESTION! In the MC Forums OP, it says that a cruiser has to be 2,500 - 10,000 cubic meters. Does that mean it has to measure that many blocks in height and width, or have that many blocks total?

If its the latter, i think the Vondr might be a cruiser. (HWD is 112 blocks long, 19 blocks wide and tall. It contains 40432 blocks total, 3989 w/o counting Air.

Last edited by ZeoNet on Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT HAMMER   PROJECT HAMMER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 7:22 pm

It means total block count, though I am beginning to think this is more guidelines for optimal performance rather than a building restriction.
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT HAMMER   PROJECT HAMMER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 7:29 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
It means total block count, though I am beginning to think this is more guidelines for optimal performance rather than a building restriction.

Do i count Air in the total? If I don't, it's a cruiser. If I do, it's a standard Dreadnought.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT HAMMER   PROJECT HAMMER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 8:13 pm

Air is not counted. However, with the new core block system, there are no set sizes but rather devices which allow your ship to be bigger. The max size will be capped a 1 million blocks to stop massively over sized ships.
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT HAMMER   PROJECT HAMMER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 8:29 pm

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
Air is not counted. However, with the new core block system, there are no set sizes but rather devices which allow your ship to be bigger. The max size will be capped a 1 million blocks to stop massively over sized ships.

So basically, if I put in a Dreadnought core its a Dreadnought, but if i put in a Cruiser core its a Cruiser? Or if I put in some of these "expansion devices" it will make it a different class of ship?
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT HAMMER   PROJECT HAMMER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 9:27 pm

No. Each core block can support a number of hardware pieces. There will be a hardware piece that can support ten light weapons for example, and there will be a hardware piece that allows you to build a larger ship. Say that this piece allows you to support 1,000 blocks of ship. So, if you want a ship 5,000 blocks in size, you connect five of those particular pieces to the core. However, as the core block has a limited number of hardware pieces it can support, it's your choice wether you want to have hardware for weapons, armour, engines, size, shields, cloaking, special weapons, power generators, etc.

There is no longer a core for each class of ship, but several tiers of cores. The higher the tier, the more hardware it can support, but the slower it will go (as percentage of the engines speed, a high tiered ship can still go faster than a lower one, but will require a lot more engines to do so).
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT HAMMER   PROJECT HAMMER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 9:50 pm

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
No. Each core block can support a number of hardware pieces. There will be a hardware piece that can support ten light weapons for example, and there will be a hardware piece that allows you to build a larger ship. Say that this piece allows you to support 1,000 blocks of ship. So, if you want a ship 5,000 blocks in size, you connect five of those particular pieces to the core. However, as the core block has a limited number of hardware pieces it can support, it's your choice wether you want to have hardware for weapons, armour, engines, size, shields, cloaking, special weapons, power generators, etc.

There is no longer a core for each class of ship, but several tiers of cores. The higher the tier, the more hardware it can support, but the slower it will go (as percentage of the engines speed, a high tiered ship can still go faster than a lower one, but will require a lot more engines to do so).

Wow, that's confusing. I liked the old system better, it was much simpler.
In fact, this was the exact thing I hoped you wouldn't add. I hate that kind of tier system.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT HAMMER   PROJECT HAMMER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 11:19 pm

ZeoNet wrote:
Dr. Mackeroth wrote:

In fact, this was the exact thing I hoped you wouldn't add. I hate that kind of tier system.

Hate it all you want, there's no denying that it will stop people making overpowered ships, as they can't have lots of weapons and lots of health (or similar). It also is a lot more dynamic than the previous version, in which everything was set in stone. Because of this, it enforces strategy, actually making it more fun. I discussed this in great length with the other DEVs, and we all agreed that it was a superior method to the original.
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT HAMMER   PROJECT HAMMER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 11:29 pm

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
ZeoNet wrote:
Dr. Mackeroth wrote:

Hate it all you want, there's no denying that it will stop people making overpowered ships, as they can't have lots of weapons and lots of health (or similar). It also is a lot more dynamic than the previous version, in which everything was set in stone. Because of this, it enforces strategy, actually making it more fun. I discussed this in great length with the other DEVs, and we all agreed that it was a superior method to the original.

.........eh.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT HAMMER   PROJECT HAMMER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 11:45 pm

Care to elaborate?
Back to top Go down
Red Fang
Recruit
Recruit
Red Fang

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT HAMMER   PROJECT HAMMER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 12:15 am

ZeoNet wrote:

QUESTION! In the MC Forums OP, it says that a cruiser has to be 2,500 - 10,000 cubic meters. Does that mean it has to measure that many blocks in height and width, or have that many blocks total?

If its the latter, i think the Vondr might be a cruiser. (HWD is 112 blocks long, 19 blocks wide and tall. It contains 40432 blocks total, 3989 w/o counting Air.

Vondr! Very Happy Thanks for taking my suggestion!
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT HAMMER   PROJECT HAMMER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 10:55 am

GemCollector wrote:
ZeoNet wrote:

You know, originally it was going to be the Vrangr, but since Vrangr means 'wandering' and not 'wanderer', I just named it 'Wanderer'.

Also, do you think Daert would be a good name for a dreadnought?

Also congrats on ur 100th birthday. lol!

Last edited by ZeoNet on Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT HAMMER   PROJECT HAMMER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 10:57 am

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
Care to elaborate?

Well I guess you might have a point about the overpowered ship prevention thing.
Back to top Go down
Red Fang
Recruit
Recruit
Red Fang

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT HAMMER   PROJECT HAMMER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 11:41 am

ZeoNet wrote:
GemCollector wrote:
ZeoNet wrote:

You know, originally it was going to be the Vrangr, but since Vrangr means 'wandering' and not 'wanderer', I just named it 'Wanderer'.

Also, do you think Daert would be a good name for a dreadnought?

Also congrats on ur 100th birthday. lol!

Sure, why not? I mean they are yours to name; that's the fun part, right?
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT HAMMER   PROJECT HAMMER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 6:38 pm

I just started working on the Dreadnought! I want to name it 'dual-spears' in the AL but I don't know the word for dual.

EDIT: Don't expect it to be done for a month and a half or so. I have a long, long build ahead of me.

EDIT: Okay, now the frame is so long it fades off into the distance. Prob twice the length of the Vondr.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT HAMMER   PROJECT HAMMER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 7:32 pm

ZeoNet wrote:
I just started working on the Dreadnought! I want to name it 'dual-spears' in the AL but I don't know the word for dual.

EDIT: Don't expect it to be done for a month and a half or so. I have a long, long build ahead of me.

EDIT: Okay, now the frame is so long it fades off into the distance. Prob twice the length of the Vondr.

Same with mine. When I first made my dreadnought, it ended up being over 400 meters long, so I had to cut off a large section of the front, which made the design look quite different to my other ships (they all tapered to a very thin point, while the dreadnought has a rounded nose, with a MAC running through it)
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT HAMMER   PROJECT HAMMER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 8:19 pm

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
ZeoNet wrote:

Same with mine. When I first made my dreadnought, it ended up being over 400 meters long, so I had to cut off a large section of the front, which made the design look quite different to my other ships (they all tapered to a very thin point, while the dreadnought has a rounded nose, with a MAC running through it)

The frame of mine is about 291m long, I expect to have to make the pit its in bigger when I put on the engines. Btw, the dual-tip design of your dropship inspired the dreadnought's shape.

I ACCIDENTALLY YOUR WHOLE PLANET
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT HAMMER   PROJECT HAMMER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 9:47 pm

Are the Accelerator Cannons externally mounted and rotatable, or semi-internally mounted and stationary? And are they cylindrical or square?
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT HAMMER   PROJECT HAMMER - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 11:58 pm

ZeoNet wrote:
Are the Accelerator Cannons externally mounted and rotatable, or semi-internally mounted and stationary? And are they cylindrical or square?

Square. They could be on the
outside, but remember that you have to go inside it and place the blocks for
the cannon ball, and you need a way to get in (usually the end of it would be
inside the ship, so you can walk in and place the blocks). Okay, doesn't
matter, the complexities of it are hard to explain, but just have at least one
end in you ship. They can't move, so don't try. The corners aren't necessary
for the cannon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT HAMMER   PROJECT HAMMER - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down