Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

PROJECT: SOLSTICE

Go down 
+7
Ivan2006
Iv121
Laserbilly
Luna
Tiel+
The Schmetterling
torrentialAberration
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PROJECT:  SOLSTICE  Empty
PostSubject: PROJECT: SOLSTICE    PROJECT:  SOLSTICE  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 9:08 pm

No one has posted any new ship pictures in a while, and i just finished my carriers, so here are some screenshots.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

MODIFICATIONS

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited by catsonmeth on Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT: SOLSTICE    PROJECT:  SOLSTICE  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 9:24 pm

Cool ships. Not the best, the shape is weird, but detailing is good, and I like your style.

IN-b4 Tiel.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT: SOLSTICE    PROJECT:  SOLSTICE  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 9:50 pm

You deleted my post. That's not cool No
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT: SOLSTICE    PROJECT:  SOLSTICE  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 10:27 pm

Mackeroth? wrote:
Cool ships. Not the best, the shape is weird, but detailing is good, and I like your style.

IN-b4 Tiel.
Yeah, i have to say that Solstice is too wide for it's length, I prefer Spirit of Solstice over it because it seems to fit better.
Back to top Go down
Luna
Recruit
Recruit
Luna

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT: SOLSTICE    PROJECT:  SOLSTICE  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 12:48 am

Mackeroth? wrote:

IN-b4 Tiel.
mack you always seem to find the worst in ships
not that i can do anything about it but it angers me
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT: SOLSTICE    PROJECT:  SOLSTICE  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 1:02 am

CatsVsNinjas wrote:
Mackeroth? wrote:

IN-b4 Tiel.
mack you always seem to find the worst in ships
not that i can do anything about it but it angers me

Finding the worst in something is the only way to make it better.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT: SOLSTICE    PROJECT:  SOLSTICE  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 1:23 am

I really like the shape of the Solstice ships. I just have a couple ideas to improve the rear of the ship. Let me know if you're interested in hearing them.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT: SOLSTICE    PROJECT:  SOLSTICE  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 1:34 am

Laserbilly wrote:
I really like the shape of the Solstice ships. I just have a couple ideas to improve the rear of the ship. Let me know if you're interested in hearing them.
i would love to hear your ideas. i didn't put too much time into the aft engines and doors, and i'm not very good at making the rear or ships, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT: SOLSTICE    PROJECT:  SOLSTICE  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 12:11 pm

Well, if you send me the MCEdit schematic I'll send it back to you in a day or two with my proposed changes.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT: SOLSTICE    PROJECT:  SOLSTICE  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 1:09 pm

Actually they look like big air balloons , they don't have engines too Razz .
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT: SOLSTICE    PROJECT:  SOLSTICE  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 1:18 pm

Iv121 wrote:
Some of the Glowstone looks like it could resemble engines.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT: SOLSTICE    PROJECT:  SOLSTICE  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 1:44 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:
Iv121 wrote:

I meant for the glowstone to be engines. They were afterthoughts, though, so they don't look very good.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT: SOLSTICE    PROJECT:  SOLSTICE  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 1:32 pm

I like the spirit and the gunboat, but I agree with laserbilly-the aft needs more attention. As a rule of thumb, never use a cut off, perfectly flat rear end.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT: SOLSTICE    PROJECT:  SOLSTICE  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 2:12 pm

You don't seem to want to give me your schematic (which I understand, you want to do it yourself). So I made a paint image as a substitute.

PROJECT:  SOLSTICE  Change10

I thought that the back should mirror the front, a millennium falcon type thruster would look best with the new rounded back, and that you should move the bay doors to either the bottom (like a star destroyer) or the sides.

But regardless of whether or not you change those things, I still think your ship looks great!
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT: SOLSTICE    PROJECT:  SOLSTICE  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 2:42 pm

Laserbilly wrote:
You don't seem to want to give me your schematic (which I understand, you want to do it yourself). So I made a paint image as a substitute.

Spoiler:

I thought that the back should mirror the front, a millennium falcon type thruster would look best with the new rounded back, and that you should move the bay doors to either the bottom (like a star destroyer) or the sides.

But regardless of whether or not you change those things, I still think your ship looks great!

Oh, sorry, I completely forgot about sending you the schematics. I need all the help I can get. This is good, i didn't think about putting the doors on the bottom. I'll send you the schematic as soon as I figure out how.

Last edited by catsonmeth on Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT: SOLSTICE    PROJECT:  SOLSTICE  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 2:45 pm

Nice design, many good details, strong building materials, I like it.
But may I suggest adding a thicker hull and maby a little bigger engines? One layer of hull isn't going to defend it from cannons and missiles, and small engines aren't really that fast... Unless they are super-compressed hyper-engines, of course Razz
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT: SOLSTICE    PROJECT:  SOLSTICE  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 2:47 pm

I agree with the hangar door assessment, but I think it would work best to angle the back at about 30 degrees from vertical and make it concave. Put in one large central engine and three boosters arranged around either side for a total of 7 engines. It's my basic engine design plus two extra boosters because of the width.
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT: SOLSTICE    PROJECT:  SOLSTICE  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 9:48 pm

awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT: SOLSTICE    PROJECT:  SOLSTICE  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 11:04 pm

Why park the gunboats in the Solstice?

Oh, and could you maybe copy/paste the Solstice somewhere on your world and apply the idea I gave you yesterday? I'm curious as to how it would look.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT: SOLSTICE    PROJECT:  SOLSTICE  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 1:14 am

Tiel wrote:
Why park the gunboats in the Solstice?

Oh, and could you maybe copy/paste the Solstice somewhere on your world and apply the idea I gave you yesterday? I'm curious as to how it would look.

Because I can add more weapons on the gunboat if I have free slots that would have been taken by an FTL drive. Solstice also would act a a repair/refit station, so a gunboat, corvette or small frigate could be parked in it when they were damaged or their weapons were depleted an get fixed up or some more ammunition.

Refresh my memory. What was that idea you gave me?
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT: SOLSTICE    PROJECT:  SOLSTICE  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 4:01 pm

Made modifications to the engine. I'll cut an entrance out when I get the time.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT: SOLSTICE    PROJECT:  SOLSTICE  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 5:55 pm

catsonmeth wrote:
Ivan2006 wrote:
Iv121 wrote:

I meant for the glowstone to be engines. They were afterthoughts, though, so they don't look very good.

My ships ARE afterthoughts.

Also Tiel: I didn't delete your post. I thought about it, and decided not to, as you are angry enough at me. It is someone else trying to make me look bad, it could even be you stirring trouble.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT: SOLSTICE    PROJECT:  SOLSTICE  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 6:00 pm

The new engine looks like some sort of a radar. I would put it at the front of the ship, and instead have two engines extend from the back, with plating continuing from the hull (like on Laserbilly's carrier). I would also find a texture-pack for your ships, Default is stupid.

Why do people think all I do is insult people's ships? I tell them what I think. Even the greatest designer has room for improvement. I may seem condescending, but people can't get better unless they know what's wrong.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT: SOLSTICE    PROJECT:  SOLSTICE  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 6:33 pm

Mackeroth? wrote:
catsonmeth wrote:
Ivan2006 wrote:
Iv121 wrote:

Also Tiel: I didn't delete your post. I thought about it, and decided not to, as you are angry enough at me. It is someone else trying to make me look bad, it could even be you stirring trouble.

Yes, because I'm totally an undercover moderator with the ability to delete posts Neutral
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT: SOLSTICE    PROJECT:  SOLSTICE  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 8:32 pm

Tiel wrote:
Mackeroth? wrote:
catsonmeth wrote:
Ivan2006 wrote:
Iv121 wrote:

Yes, because I'm totally an undercover moderator with the ability to delete posts Neutral
You can always delete your own posts. I didn't do it, but I don't have access to the records that would show whether or not Mack did it. Shiva does, but I don't think it's that big a deal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PROJECT: SOLSTICE    PROJECT:  SOLSTICE  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PROJECT: SOLSTICE
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next