Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Dr. Mackeroth's development log

Go down 
+23
Kielaran
oFTWoHMANoFTWo
Groot
Tiel+
kennysmith1234
Potato
Iv121
Danice123
Buggy1997123
xanex21
Dux Tell31
Laibach
GLaDOS
Keon
fr0stbyte124
Grand Imperial Thunder
TinkerPox
Commander Error
ACH0225
mrdragonfire
Cason22
ectrimble20
The Schmetterling
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

Dr. Mackeroth's development log - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr. Mackeroth's development log   Dr. Mackeroth's development log - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 6:01 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
Martin Luther King, Jr. wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:
Shouldn't you change the name of this dev log?

I knew someone would mention this.

But are you going to?

I may.
Back to top Go down
scout37
Recruit
Recruit
scout37

Location : Earth, in the most powerful and globally dominating country on the planet

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Mackeroth's development log   Dr. Mackeroth's development log - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 4:39 pm

Wait, this mod will need a specific texturepack in order to work? Bad idea man, bad idea. You should nver make a mod-specific texture pack, due to it making a loss of free will when it comes to other texture packs.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Mackeroth's development log   Dr. Mackeroth's development log - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 7:22 am

scout37 wrote:
Wait, this mod will need a specific texturepack in order to work? Bad idea man, bad idea. You should nver make a mod-specific texture pack, due to it making a loss of free will when it comes to other texture packs.

Um. We are killing Minecraft and performing necromancy on its corpse, and you tell me a change of texture-pack is bad?
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Mackeroth's development log   Dr. Mackeroth's development log - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 8:37 am

There's nothing stopping you from changing the texture pack of your own volition.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Mackeroth's development log   Dr. Mackeroth's development log - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 2:12 pm

Actually, I just think this mod changes some vanilla textures (which I personally don´t like) but doesn´t force you to install a texture pack.
Back to top Go down
Cheatmaster
Recruit
Recruit
Cheatmaster

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Mackeroth's development log   Dr. Mackeroth's development log - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 4:40 pm

Yeah but with all these themed blocks the most Texturepacks look ugly (install redpower,IC² and Buildcraft then you will see what I mean)
Back to top Go down
scout37
Recruit
Recruit
scout37

Location : Earth, in the most powerful and globally dominating country on the planet

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Mackeroth's development log   Dr. Mackeroth's development log - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 6:00 pm

i still dont understand how making a texture pack is directly related to the mod. I would think most people will be distraught when they find obsidian is being removed (and why? its not like its doing anything wrong.) i dont think there are any mods that actually remove blocks. i would agree with anyone who thinks its a bad idea to remove vanilla things. Even terrafirma craftt, which stops vanilla blocks and items from being created, doesnt actually remove them. AND it has options to enable vanilla block creation.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Mackeroth's development log   Dr. Mackeroth's development log - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 7:35 pm

scout37 wrote:
i still dont understand how making a texture pack is directly related to the mod. I would think most people will be distraught when they find obsidian is being removed (and why? its not like its doing anything wrong.) i dont think there are any mods that actually remove blocks. i would agree with anyone who thinks its a bad idea to remove vanilla things. Even terrafirma craftt, which stops vanilla blocks and items from being created, doesnt actually remove them. AND it has options to enable vanilla block creation.

Obsidian won't be removed, but it will be changed into something more flimsy.
Back to top Go down
bsb23
bsb23

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Mackeroth's development log   Dr. Mackeroth's development log - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 1:06 am

Are you just nerfing it like in IC2 or will it be something more severe?
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Mackeroth's development log   Dr. Mackeroth's development log - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 3:19 am

bsb23 wrote:

I was going to replace it entirely.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Mackeroth's development log   Dr. Mackeroth's development log - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 10:24 pm

bsb23 wrote:

Maybe just add a block that has that purpley black in its place, and maybe the new block could be some sort of, I don't know, laser reflector.... I like it design wise.
Back to top Go down
Cheatmaster
Recruit
Recruit
Cheatmaster

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Mackeroth's development log   Dr. Mackeroth's development log - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 11:27 am

ACH0225 wrote:
bsb23 wrote:

Maybe just add a block that has that purpley black in its place, and maybe the new block could be some sort of, I don't know, laser reflector.... I like it design wise.

Obsidian can tbe an laser reflector it is black.If you don´t understand why I am saying it don´t be surprised if (actually when) I call you stupid brainless monkey
It coulld be laser absorber but it would be overpowered then

JEDIT: Am I getting through to you at all? Ever? You can't say stuff like this, Cool. This is your last warning. One more time and you're going to be in serious danger of being banned. Again.
Back to top Go down
TinkerPox
TinkerPox

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Mackeroth's development log   Dr. Mackeroth's development log - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 4:53 pm

Mack isn`t the redstone texture rhe same as the power lines? And aslo can I use them for the Sci-fi texturepack I am developing?
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Mackeroth's development log   Dr. Mackeroth's development log - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 6:49 pm

tacokingbob wrote:
Mack isn`t the redstone texture rhe same as the power lines? And aslo can I use them for the Sci-fi texturepack I am developing?
No, and yes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Mackeroth's development log   Dr. Mackeroth's development log - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dr. Mackeroth's development log
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5