Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Dr. Mackeroth's development log

Go down 
+23
Kielaran
oFTWoHMANoFTWo
Groot
Tiel+
kennysmith1234
Potato
Iv121
Danice123
Buggy1997123
xanex21
Dux Tell31
Laibach
GLaDOS
Keon
fr0stbyte124
Grand Imperial Thunder
TinkerPox
Commander Error
ACH0225
mrdragonfire
Cason22
ectrimble20
The Schmetterling
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

Dr. Mackeroth's development log - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr. Mackeroth's development log   Dr. Mackeroth's development log - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 2:42 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
This one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-qrif1tDO4
It's an old video I had showcasing a ship about 600k blocks in size cruising above the clouds. Even I find myself gawking at it from time to time.

And once I look at all your vidios, I just want that flying chunk test thing. For single player or whatever. And the Multi Chunk Render Test.

Just gimme it all.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Mackeroth's development log   Dr. Mackeroth's development log - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 1:30 pm

As you asked for some help I had a look at the textures. On the paper they look alright but when you connect several of them in the game you see that the sides don't match which creates quite an ugly effect. Besides the stone and resourses everything needs reconstruction. I made a new TNT charge already and will continue to work on it.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Mackeroth's development log   Dr. Mackeroth's development log - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 3:42 pm

Oh good, please show it to me once you're done.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Mackeroth's development log   Dr. Mackeroth's development log - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 3:34 pm

I have some blocks done - Lapis ore, new cobble, redstone and TNT. Can't upload them right now as Imageshack is undergoing maintenance... I actually se a new solution for the texture debuts - a texture that can look like 2 things - my cobble can be some sort of stone but can also be some sort of steel ...
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Mackeroth's development log   Dr. Mackeroth's development log - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 4:00 pm

Excellent. But just note that stone (and wood), no matter what it looks like, will not be allowed on the outside of ships.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Mackeroth's development log   Dr. Mackeroth's development log - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 9:49 pm

Good, I was losing faith in you guys with the whole retexturing thing
Back to top Go down
Potato
Recruit
Recruit
Potato

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Mackeroth's development log   Dr. Mackeroth's development log - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 10:06 pm

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
Excellent. But just note that stone (and wood), no matter what it looks like, will not be allowed on the outside of ships.

WHAT?! I built a ship out of stone bricks for nuthin'?! ...Damn you Mackeroth... damn you... I guess that means I gotta burn down my wooden fleet -_- What about my wool fleet? Can I keep THAT?
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Mackeroth's development log   Dr. Mackeroth's development log - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 10:51 pm

Of course you can. It will simply have a realistic level of space-worthiness.
Back to top Go down
kennysmith1234
kennysmith1234

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Mackeroth's development log   Dr. Mackeroth's development log - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 12:54 am

Hey Dr. Mackeroth, I am gonna mess around with obsidian and a few of the blocks as of yet unaltered.

I will post it here when I am done.

Dr. Mackeroth's development log - Page 3 Terrainpng

Is it working yet?

Last edited by kennysmith1234 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Mackeroth's development log   Dr. Mackeroth's development log - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 1:40 am

Here they are:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
kennysmith1234
kennysmith1234

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Mackeroth's development log   Dr. Mackeroth's development log - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 1:42 am

Dr. Mackeroth's development log - Page 3 Terrainpng

Not amazing, but I had some fun there.

I changed that glass window look. And the ice. Those pix-elated (spell-check is a fail) streaks? Eyesores, no offense intended.

And I smoothed some things out.

Obsidian is rather sleek, in my not very humble opinion.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Mackeroth's development log   Dr. Mackeroth's development log - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 3:34 am

kennysmith1234 wrote:

Not amazing, but I had some fun there.

I changed that glass window look. And the ice. Those pix-elated (spell-check is a fail) streaks? Eyesores, no offense intended.

And I smoothed some things out.

Obsidian is rather sleek, in my not very humble opinion.

The glass wasn't done, I only realized that I hadn't removed the default texture underneath my one after I posted it.

Obsidian is being removed completely. The enchantment table will be crafted using wood. Or iron. Shame, because it was my favorite texture of yours...

Also, what did you do to the water?!

If you want to know what blocks are actually safe to edit; you can do any of mechanical blocks, TNT, crafting table, furnace, chest, and you can DEFINITIVELY redo my soul sand and netherrack.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Mackeroth's development log   Dr. Mackeroth's development log - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 3:42 am

Iv121 wrote:
Here they are:

Spoiler:

Nice textures, but they could be more.... textured, as in sort of three dimensional/ realistic.

What blocks are those?
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Mackeroth's development log   Dr. Mackeroth's development log - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 4:00 am

I quite like whatever that jigsaw looking texture is. That is sort of the kind of thing I expected for hull plating blocks.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Mackeroth's development log   Dr. Mackeroth's development log - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 4:59 am

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
I quite like whatever that jigsaw looking texture is. That is sort of the kind of thing I expected for hull plating blocks.

Not quite. I like the texture, but I would only use it as a decoration. I think that hulls should be smoother.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Mackeroth's development log   Dr. Mackeroth's development log - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 6:55 am

By textured u mean realistic ? Well I cannot just paste a real picture as I think you did with stone let's say, as if we do so the blocks won't connect well to each other... I also removed the original galls beneath your's.

How do you want me to modify the textures I made ?
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Mackeroth's development log   Dr. Mackeroth's development log - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 4:12 pm

I don't know....

Maybe add some variation in the light over the block, like I've done with some of mine. It is the difference between a cartoon style texture pack and a realistic one.

Also, I created that stone texture myself, thank you very much.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Mackeroth's development log   Dr. Mackeroth's development log - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 4:22 pm

Hey sry it connects in a quite s****y way if you place it in MC which usually happens when you simply paste textures didn't know u made it , that's what I would do ...

I added some shadows on the TNT (which doesn't seem to be enough) , have no idea what to do with the other 2 blocks - the Lapis one is simply a copy of your stone with lapis ( so you'll have to let me change the whole stone tex ) and the cobble doesn't leave allot of room for shadow...s in reality it won't actually have shadows as it is almost fully flat. I think I'll try to play with contrast - more deep colors seem to have positive effect on the stuff's realism even though in RL you'll probably see the opposite.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Mackeroth's development log   Dr. Mackeroth's development log - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 2:30 pm

I'll be blunt; the terrain.png you have in the OP is terrible. It looks like you just applied a blur modifier, made some minor adjustments, and called it a day :/
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Mackeroth's development log   Dr. Mackeroth's development log - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 5:23 am

Um... To what are you referring? I only changed a handful of blocks, but those I put a lot of care and effort in.

The "blur" or so you call it, came from having enlarged the image, so it became 32x32 instead of the regular 16x16.

So, all in all:

Never

Defy

My

will.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Mackeroth's development log   Dr. Mackeroth's development log - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 2:33 pm

Back from my 3-day trip ... Anyway do you want me to create a new Terrain file ? Maybe even a style change ? Simpler and cleaner designs usually look superior to textures that try to be real ... ever tried a 128x128 pack ? It is terrible ...
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Mackeroth's development log   Dr. Mackeroth's development log - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 2:44 pm

what is going to be done with wool? its hideous and frail

could you edit the textures to show wool as computer-HUD type stuff, frail but looks cool?

Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Mackeroth's development log   Dr. Mackeroth's development log - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 4:57 pm

No, because sheep don't have computers growing on them.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Mackeroth's development log   Dr. Mackeroth's development log - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 5:12 pm

Make the sheep robots then

Or make your own blocks
Or both
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Mackeroth's development log   Dr. Mackeroth's development log - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 6:12 pm

One thing I want for this mod is for you to be perfectly able to live on the surface and play vanilla minecraft until you discover space. Sheep should not be robots, paintings should be wood. I almost am against changing the paintings to show spaceships.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Mackeroth's development log   Dr. Mackeroth's development log - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dr. Mackeroth's development log
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next