Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

PinkTrolls Ideas

Go down 
+10
Commander Error
tonyri
Cason22
DragoonPreston
GroundBurg_Coder13
Buggy1997123
Shiva
roguenerd
ectrimble20
PinkTroll
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Cason22

PinkTrolls Ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PinkTrolls Ideas   PinkTrolls Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 2:59 pm

Your Nice.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: PinkTrolls Ideas   PinkTrolls Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 12:07 am

ectrimble20 wrote:

Quote :
Also for griefs and the 'mark' as above, that is one possibility, and if that griefer REALLY starts getting to be a problem, then I think an interconnected FC blacklist should be created and so that it isnt misused by small server governors, a blacklist email/ forum post area should be created for people to send the name of the person and a reason for their required exile, also so that only ranking members of the mod can debate whether or not to banish the person or not.

Thats not a bad idea. We've discussed the idea of using a central "Future Craft" server to dish out information, register systems and manage back end stuff to make the whole operation a bit easier, I think adding in a global "your banned from FC" list is a feasible idea with merit to it.

I think that the griefer or other person should be carefully examined before banned, and make sure the person who makes these decisions isnt biased or anything. One server admin banned me because he just didnt like me, and if someone like that was given power over the FC universe, BAD BAD THINGS WOULD HAPPEN!
Back to top Go down
ectrimble20
DEV
DEV
ectrimble20

PostSubject: Re: PinkTrolls Ideas   PinkTrolls Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 1:49 am

ACH0225 wrote:

I think that the griefer or other person should be carefully examined before banned, and make sure the person who makes these decisions isnt biased or anything. One server admin banned me because he just didnt like me, and if someone like that was given power over the FC universe, BAD BAD THINGS WOULD HAPPEN!

Won't happen. What I envision for our ban control is a central forum... humm, kinda like this, maybe something a little more spruced up for final release, anyway, a central forum where complains can be lodged. The user will be contacted through what ever means we can and it'll be addressed. If the user continues to receive complaints and fails to comply with whatever terms we decide, we will "flip the switch" so to say. I've built the ban system in to allow me to simply change a variable from 0 to 1 and ban a user from accessing any server, sort of my god mode switch. However, like I said above, this will require a review system and won't just be a perma-ban from FC just cuz. You might be banned from a particular server by a server admin, but you'll never be banned completely from FC unless you really piss of one of the moderators.
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: PinkTrolls Ideas   PinkTrolls Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 7:20 pm

I'm presuming that there will be a way of just connecting two or three servers? i.e. Me, Myself, and I decide to make servers. We would like to play with each other but not with all the other servers in the FC universe.

P.S. I've tried to post this comment twice in other forums. So far errors have stopped me both times. WILL THIS ONE SUCCEED!?!
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: PinkTrolls Ideas   PinkTrolls Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 7:36 pm

Absolutely. There will likely be a main universe server hosted somewhere, but anyone will be able to set up their own universe if they like. They could even link their systems to the main universe if they follow the established rules.
Back to top Go down
ectrimble20
DEV
DEV
ectrimble20

PostSubject: Re: PinkTrolls Ideas   PinkTrolls Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 8:28 pm

Just so we're clear on this, the ability to connect server 1, 2 and 3 alone, will not be implemented until post alpha.

As it stands, only the "connect to main server" feature is up and running. I'll be building a configuration file that will allow a server admin to add a series of IP/Hostname's in an array that will then be the allowed communication servers and a disable for universe stuff.

This is going to take some time as I'll be having to build a secondary transport level to handle it, but I do intend to complete this before we get to a beta.
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: PinkTrolls Ideas   PinkTrolls Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 11:47 pm

THANK YA, THANK YA!

You are aware this is a real life situation?
Back to top Go down
ectrimble20
DEV
DEV
ectrimble20

PostSubject: Re: PinkTrolls Ideas   PinkTrolls Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 12:11 am

Yes, but define real life for me? Cuz at the moment nobody has future craft running on anything Razz
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: PinkTrolls Ideas   PinkTrolls Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 5:29 pm

Me and my friend have built near impenetrable bunkers on our worlds then realized no one was attacking them. Razz
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: PinkTrolls Ideas   PinkTrolls Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 5:40 pm

daman200 wrote:
Me and my friend have built near impenetrable bunkers on our worlds then realized no one was attacking them. Razz
Then you are one step ahead, good sir! Mayhaps you shoulld begin construction on ships too...
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: PinkTrolls Ideas   PinkTrolls Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 6:37 pm

HA! THEN I AM STILL ONE STEP AHEAD! I HAVE ALREADY BEGUN WORK ON A BEHEMOTH SHIP MADE OF IRON BLOCKS! HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!11!!!!
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: PinkTrolls Ideas   PinkTrolls Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 6:41 pm

daman200 wrote:
HA! THEN I AM STILL ONE STEP AHEAD! I HAVE ALREADY BEGUN WORK ON A BEHEMOTH SHIP MADE OF IRON BLOCKS! HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!11!!!!

Really? You people need to see the giant hangar. When it's
completed (I may have to completely re-do the look to match the ships) it will
be able to hold 2 battle cruisers, 6 cruisers, and 2 dreadnoughts. The hangar
itself is 70 blocks high, 350 blocks wide and 650 blocks long. (approx.) And
that’s not mentioning the ground forces and fighters it can hold. Oh, and the
weapon systems.

Fear me.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: PinkTrolls Ideas   PinkTrolls Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 6:45 pm

Oh yeah, and when I say the giant hangar, I mean my giant hangar.
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: PinkTrolls Ideas   PinkTrolls Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 6:48 pm

Well then, I have 4 hangers so far! Too bad I can only fit fighters in them... They are about 100 blocks long, 50 tall, and the water I'm using as a "shield" is 1 block thick. The other walls are 2 blocks thick.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: PinkTrolls Ideas   PinkTrolls Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 7:18 pm

Nothing to see here, anyone...
Back to top Go down
tonyri
tonyri

PostSubject: Re: PinkTrolls Ideas   PinkTrolls Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 7:25 pm

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
PinkTrolls Ideas - Page 2 13171311
That is so strange. I have the weird feeling that there used to be a post here... Nah, I must be seeing things.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: PinkTrolls Ideas   PinkTrolls Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 8:09 pm

Was that the post where Dr. Mackeroth completely lost his mind and professed his love for cabbages?
Those were good times.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: PinkTrolls Ideas   PinkTrolls Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 8:29 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Was that the post where Dr. Mackeroth completely lost his mind and professed his love for cabbages?
Those were good times.

Uhhhhh........ I dont really know how to respond to that........
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: PinkTrolls Ideas   PinkTrolls Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 1:34 am

tonyri wrote:
Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
PinkTrolls Ideas - Page 2 13171311
That is so strange. I have the weird feeling that there used to be a post here... Nah, I must be seeing things.

Yes, you're imagining it. There never used to be a post there,
especially not one about how to destroy me. Because, come on, that's just ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: PinkTrolls Ideas   PinkTrolls Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 11:46 am

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
Oh yeah, and when I say the giant hangar, I mean my giant hangar.

And when you say *your* giant hangar, I say *my* giant ICBM silo... stuffed with thermonuclear missiles (that work) - that's buried at about bedrock.

Covered in 30 blocks of reinforced cement.

With shock absorption.

With a stargate. That goes to Mars. And the Moon. Unfortunately nowhere else yet.

Last edited by Shiva on Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: PinkTrolls Ideas   PinkTrolls Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 6:34 pm

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
daman200 wrote:

Really? You people need to see the giant hangar. When it's
completed (I may have to completely re-do the look to match the ships) it will
be able to hold 2 battle cruisers, 6 cruisers, and 2 dreadnoughts. The hangar
itself is 70 blocks high, 350 blocks wide and 650 blocks long. (approx.) And
that’s not mentioning the ground forces and fighters it can hold. Oh, and the
weapon systems.

Fear me.

If this is on multiplayer....... FEAR HIM!(Begins bowing down to Dr. Mackeroth)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PinkTrolls Ideas   PinkTrolls Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PinkTrolls Ideas
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2