Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]

Go down 
+24
torrentialAberration
Avenger_7
Laserbilly
Captain stufuzzycat
Grand Imperial Thunder
Potato
Joel
blockman42
Iv121
Commander Kobialka
Tau
Dux Tell31
The Schmetterling
monkeymadxd
Pat Best
Commander Error
Red Fang
hyperlite
Last_Jedi_Standing
ACH0225
Laibach
Keon
GLaDOS
Tiel+
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 4:35 pm

The Companion is the size of a battle cruiser, in the old method.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 4:53 pm

Lord Mackeroth wrote:
The Companion is the size of a battle cruiser, in the old method.
Yes, but 'battlecruiser' isn't in the LJSI naming convention. I was going to add it, but I need to know how long a battlecruiser is.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 5:16 pm

A BC is essentially a cruiser with a Battleship's armanent, irl. By Mack's old method a BC is 1.5 times the size of a cruiser with the capability of mounting twice as many weapons.

Iv121 wrote:
Interesting ship but isn't it too big for reconnaissance ship ?
This is as small as I'm willing to go, any more and it starts to look crap and I don't have enough space. I guess you could say it's halfway between a reconnaissance vessel and a full fledged gunboat.

Keon wrote:
Beautiful ships as always, it is always a pleasure to see another Taln shipyard ship. They are some of the better ships on this forum.

Thanks m8, any suggestions to make it better?

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:

You have a cruiser? Cool. Where is it? I didn't see it in the OP. Sounds awesome - that would be one of the biggest ships on the forums, I think.

Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 6 Frigate1

It used to be a frigate, but using your naming convention it's just a few blocks bigger than the maximum allowed for that class. So, now it's a cruiser, and as I mentioned before I'll be revisiting this WiP anyway, so I'll add 2 more layers of iron blocks to make it fit the role better.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 5:23 pm

Tiel wrote:
A BC is essentially a cruiser with a Battleship's armanent, irl. By Mack's old method a BC is 1.5 times the size of a cruiser with the capability of mounting twice as many weapons.
OK. I'll divide the cruiser section into regular cruisers and battlecruisers, which are bigger. Does that work?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 5:23 pm

Sure, but you might want to get Astria's input as well.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 5:29 pm

Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 6 B318f52fe80cfc02d39a27390fa8ab1a
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 5:55 pm

Because that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 6:12 pm

wrong thread.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 6:49 pm

Tiel wrote:
Sure, but you might want to get Astria's input as well.
I'll just see if he comments on this. After all, if he doesn't like it, he doesn't have to use it.
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 11:07 am

Tiel wrote:
Ahem.

Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 6 20120324115811

Aww I see you put you frigates in my fleet. Thanks!

*I will also be selling my ships, but for a very high price
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 12:02 pm

why ? what's unique about them ?
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 12:26 pm

Quote :
I will be selling ships high priced and never make money blah blah blah

Aperture Laboratories: Guaranteed lower prices then the leading brand!
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 5:05 pm

It has come to my attention that competing brands have produced static defense stations and the like.

Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 6 Javaw2012032518483184

In order to stay competitive ourselves, Taln presents to you the Waterloo VI Commerce Station

Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 6 20120325155848
Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 6 20120325155809
Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 6 20120325155912

Don't let the name fool you; this mammoth does much more than provide a virtual world in space. Multiple defense blisters are stationed at the apex and central rod of the station, and much of its space can be converted to military usage, should the end user desire such, of course. Capable of servicing up to four heavy frigates at any time, the Waterloo is sure to sate your needs for outlying fleet bases without the hefty costs of operating, never mind building, the latter. The station is also capable of storing a variety of supplies, good for those long strolls through uncivilized deep space. The Waterloo will provide the best bang for your buck by far, so get yours today! while supplies last, cannot be combined with other promotions
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 5:09 pm

well with our alliance we could blow any competition out of the sky, or space, whatever. (hopefully)
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 5:17 pm

Next project: Reminiscence class Carrier
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 5:41 pm

blockman42 wrote:
well with our alliance we could blow any competition out of the sky, or space, whatever. (hopefully)
What alliance is that?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 6:06 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
blockman42 wrote:
What alliance is that?

On the server.
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 10:39 pm

The Forged Alliance
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 1:29 am

OH why are you taking my unfinished station without any modules ? I'll create a demonstrative station for you when I'm done with some other modules ... Besides my station is cheaper because of it's modularity and adoptability to any situation (And srsly it has less blocks Razz )

Besides it's not only a defensive station, it is also a civilian one if you wish it to be.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 12:17 pm

AA is building a Hydra-class drone carrier and a Diamond Sword-class Assault Frigate.

Definitions:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 1:46 pm

The Lord of Error wrote:
AA is building a Hydra-class drone carrier and a Diamond Sword-class Assault Frigate.

Definitions:
Spoiler:
I will add 'assault frigate' to the naming convention. 'Drone carrier' sounds like a specific role, not a ship class.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 3:21 pm

MCEdit has some nice Flip/Rotate tools, but it keeps locking up :/
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 7:17 pm

Updated OP.

Taln is now a sector of civilized space that is mostly isolated. We are not an 'Empire' or 'Federation', as the more brandish commonwealths in the galaxy like to call themselves. Instead, we export these ships for extra income to fuel our conservative defenses. The Taln Domain is a collection of planets on the far edge of the star system that likes to be left alone, though tourism is allowed, albeit looked down upon. That's all you, as the consumer, need to know. Rest assured none of our vessels are secondhand, in fact, most are mint new from our Shipyards and have never been used!
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 7:21 pm

So, is Taln breaking away from LastJediStanding?

And does Futurecraft Empire still have a contract with you?

And does Mackeroth still get the Banhammer?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 7:25 pm

Our shipbuilding industry is still associated and a subsidiary of Last_Jedi_Standing

Whether or not he decides to gift the ship or not is above my clearance.

To answer your middle question, I wasn't aware we had a contract. But we of Taln prefer to remain isolated from the events of the galaxy at large, and I'm afraid we can't risk that neutrality by offering benefits to certain factions. I hope you understand.

Last edited by Tiel on Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]
Page 6 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next