Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]

Go down 
+24
torrentialAberration
Avenger_7
Laserbilly
Captain stufuzzycat
Grand Imperial Thunder
Potato
Joel
blockman42
Iv121
Commander Kobialka
Tau
Dux Tell31
The Schmetterling
monkeymadxd
Pat Best
Commander Error
Red Fang
hyperlite
Last_Jedi_Standing
ACH0225
Laibach
Keon
GLaDOS
Tiel+
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 7:09 pm

Mackeroth is against wool on ships, but then again if these ships aren't meant for intra-atmosphere and have an iron armor underlayer...hmmm..be a bit of a female dog to repair the scheme after a broadside though..

Once I'm done I'll see what it looks like with a wool cover-over.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 7:19 pm

Tiel wrote:
Mackeroth is against wool on ships, but then again if these ships aren't meant for intra-atmosphere and have an iron armor underlayer...hmmm..be a bit of a female dog to repair the scheme after a broadside though..

Once I'm done I'll see what it looks like with a wool cover-over.

he means as a place holder, i think
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 7:20 pm

Even as a placeholder I'd prefer it as another layer for more end-user customization.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 7:22 pm

Tiel wrote:
Even as a placeholder I'd prefer it as another layer for more end-user customization.

oh yeah, you could put it over the iron and cover it in glass
maybe
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 8:26 pm

Tiel wrote:
cyclops

I'll trade you a prototype of the Crusader class frigate [A 257,000 K'lii value] for a suitable model of this conversion pod, and a 15% commission on all ships using this feature. How 'bout it Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 2 Mobsheep?

Naah, I would just like the cash, I have enough ships. Just go on the server for the pod.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 11:45 am

'Ere, we should turn part of the server into a dedicated shipyard. People building ships everywhere gets messy.

Plus.

Who on this thread is actually kicking out ship and who's kicking out related stuff?

i.e. Who's building stuff for FC?

(Damn, I need to pick up on my building. Odyssey is about the size of these corvettes/frigates/w.e.)
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 11:54 am

TheLordofError wrote:
'Ere, we should turn part of the server into a dedicated shipyard. People building ships everywhere gets messy.

Plus.

Who on this thread is actually kicking out ship and who's kicking out related stuff?

i.e. Who's building stuff for FC?

(Damn, I need to pick up on my building. Odyssey is about the size of these corvettes/frigates/w.e.)

Futurecraft will force other servers to help build. First, I think we will start with building Pat22's armada, and buy some things from Taln Shipyards. Then take some from everbody and destroy the galaxys.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 12:56 pm

kicking out ships? That'd be me, I guess.

As for your Odyssey, my corvettes are technically cruisers. Taln Shipyards operates by different scaling methods.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 3:02 pm

Well, if weaponry is the deciding factor, Odyssey is a cruiser.

If size is the deciding factor, Odyssey is a frigate.

If Taln Shipyards takes off on the servers, we're all going to learn about the destructive abilities of these "corvettes".

How much would a Taln 'vette cost in materiel?
I am considering ordering 2-4 for the Astrian Alliance.

(OFF TOPIC WARNING)

Is there going to be a "factions" or "teams" function?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Crusader Progress: Exterior Done   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 3:58 pm

Sigh, my link is broken. CURSE YOUUUUU HIGH SCHOOL WEBFILTEEEERRRR

I'll have to wait till I get home to upload to imageshack.

o wait
Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 2 Frigate1

Thank god for wordpress hotlinking. Any suggestions?

TheLordofError wrote:

If Taln Shipyards takes off on the servers, we're all going to learn about the destructive abilities of these "corvettes".

(OFF TOPIC WARNING)

There will be teams as far as I can tell, maybe a more advanced variant of the Factions plugin for Bukkit currently in circulation.

As far as pricing, there isn't a set currency as of yet. I hope to make these very cheap and very available, though at first they may be subject to inflation as in everyone else's eyes they're cruisers - a late game asset. Of course, I'd be more than happy to give you a couple free as soon as my shipyards start operating at full capacity cat But if you want one before then, they're about 20,000 blocks of whatever alloy the FC devs implement. (The iron is placeholder)
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 4:54 pm

Tiel wrote:
Sigh, my link is broken. CURSE YOUUUUU HIGH SCHOOL WEBFILTEEEERRRR

I'll have to wait till I get home to upload to imageshack.

o wait

<epic ship snip>

Thank god for wordpress hotlinking. Any suggestions?

TheLordofError wrote:

(OFF TOPIC WARNING)

There will be teams as far as I can tell, maybe a more advanced variant of the Factions plugin for Bukkit currently in circulation.

As far as pricing, there isn't a set currency as of yet. I hope to make these very cheap and very available, though at first they may be subject to inflation as in everyone else's eyes they're cruisers - a late game asset. Of course, I'd be more than happy to give you a couple free as soon as my shipyards start operating at full capacity cat But if you want one before then, they're about 20,000 blocks of whatever alloy the FC devs implement. (The iron is placeholder)
Giving away ships isn't a good idea, although I was planning to send Mackeroth a Coruscant-class super assault ship once the mod gets going.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 4:57 pm

Once I start making a profit and have a surplus of materials, why not? It serves as a sort of sample, like those nice snack stands they used to have at Sam's Club. Besides, I want people to look at a fleet of Companions and say, "Hey, those are from Taln Shipyards!" Free advertising Very Happy

I plan to give at least one free companion to the major factions to set the stage for future contracts.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 5:18 pm

Tiel wrote:
Once I start making a profit and have a surplus of materials, why not? It serves as a sort of sample, like those nice snack stands they used to have at Sam's Club. Besides, I want people to look at a fleet of Companions and say, "Hey, those are from Taln Shipyards!" Free advertising Very Happy

I plan to give at least one free companion to the major factions to set the stage for future contracts.
Hmm... You might have a point. I'll have to consider moving 457-13D to a different position and hiring you as Business Monkey instead.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 9:14 pm

What is that ship called, what class is it. I may buy 65
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 9:17 pm

Crusader class frigate

Not quite finished yet, I need to figure out how to make the fins at the back look more overbearing, and then populate the interior. Oddly enough, the inside space for this one seems to be smaller than the Companion, though that may be because this has much more armor. A true warship.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 9:24 pm

If that is a frigate, I want a battlecruiser. That would be huge.

I'll take 8 battlecruisers.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 9:30 pm

WOAAAAH there laddie!

Currently the classes I plan on doing are the:

Restitution class Cruiser

Placater class Battle Cruiser

Arbitrator class Dreadnaught

Instigator class Assault Ship

Each of these takes on average 3 days to build, since I get muy aburrido during school. Might take a while till I finish the Placater albino

If someone has the capability of making a few hallways and rooms I'd appreciate the help.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 9:39 pm

Keon wrote:

I'm 'working' on a 42,000 block long Coruscant-class super assault ship. If I ever finish one (If I finish one, I can finish many using the twin miracles of t/copy and t/paste), you can have it for a lot of credits. I'm going to give one (the LJS Banhammer) to Mackeroth and one to Fr0stbyte.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 9:43 pm

42,000?

I have some work to do.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 9:45 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Keon wrote:

I'm 'working' on a 42,000 block long Coruscant-class super assault ship. If I ever finish one (If I finish one, I can finish many using the twin miracles of t/copy and t/paste), you can have it for a lot of credits. I'm going to give one (the LJS Banhammer) to Mackeroth and one to Fr0stbyte.

You do realize that any could mass a huge fleet of smaller ships built by hand and lay waste to your world long before you even got near completing this ship?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 9:50 pm

It's more of a psychological tool, I think. If you have a handful of battle cruisers and a few enemy BCs warp in you'll think "Oh, it's a fair fight."

But if a huge Assault Ship warps in instead any human controlled ships would immediately veer off. Why? Because the thing is freaking huge. No one in the right mind would engage it unless they had experience. Sadly, I believe when Futurecraft takes on that will not be the case with most of our ship commanders.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 9:51 pm

Pat22 ( The One. ) wrote:
Keon wrote:

You do realize that any could mass a huge fleet of smaller ships built by hand and lay waste to your world long before you even got near completing this ship?

Once it was done, nobody would live to stand in its way.
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 9:51 pm

Underground building, or surround the build site with a fleet of ships. That's how the Empire builds Star Destroyers. They surround Kuat Shipyards with a huge fleet.
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 9:59 pm

Pat22 ( The One. ) wrote:
Keon wrote:

Yes. And it probably won't get built, because less than 5 minutes ago I discovered that SPC doesn't let you use t/stack over the vanilla world height limit, even with Cubic Chunks 1.7.3. The ship is supposed to be 6000 blocks tall, so without Cubic Chunks it will be... difficult. Maybe I can build it in space.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 10:01 pm

Just //copy and //paste

I've never used //stack lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]   Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taln Shipyards [New Naming Convention!] [New Ships!]
Page 2 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next