Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Taln Sovereignty

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

Taln Sovereignty Empty
PostSubject: Taln Sovereignty   Taln Sovereignty Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 1:19 pm

Government

The Taln, contrary to what its name may imply, is actually something of a utopia where all citizens participate in minor consensus, however, ultimately direction of the nation lies in the hands of the Council, an elite group of trustworthy consulates, each representing one of Taln's worlds. However, as of late a new group has popped up coined the Sentinels, a selection of honorable military leaders commanding each of the four Armadas. The Sentinels answer the the Council on most occasions, but wield increasingly powerful authority, oftentimes enough to form alliances without consulting their peers or even the Council itself!

Military

The Sovereignty's military forces consist of the four Armadas. Their composition is listed below.

TOTAL
125 Frigates (Mostly Progenitor class)
75 Cruisers (Entirely the new Champion class)
2 Dreads, plus an outdated massive ship
240 miscellaneous support vessels such as Templar class Destroyers and corvettes.

1st Armada
1st Fleet
2nd Fleet
3rd Fleet
4th fleet
5th fleet
6th fleet

2nd Armada
7th fleet
8th fleet
9th fleet
10th fleet
11th fleet
12th fleet

3rd Armada
13th fleet
16th fleet
17th fleet
18th fleet
19th fleet
20th fleet

4th Armada
21st fleet
22nd fleet
23rd fleet
24th fleet
25th fleet

Each fleet is only composed of 3 cruisers and 5 frigates and various supplementing craft, with the exception of the 1st fleet, which contains a relic from Taln's history that is commonly classified as a dreadnought due to its sheer mass, though in the old Cerean Empire it was commisioned as a battlecarrier.

In addition, the 10th and 2nd fleet have one dreadnought each among their number. These are relatively new designs, a Blade class assault platform and a Redemption class carrier.

Now, for the Sovereignty's ground forces.
Unlike Taln Naval Command, these are subdivided into three groups, the Special Tasks Force, the Planetary Corps and last, but not least, the Centurion Guard.

The Planetary Corps is relatively small in comparison to Taln's naval Marines, but serve the necessary role of ground pounders where necessary.

They have three Legions, each having around 800,000 men. As one could probably imagine, this lack of troops can be contributed to a majority of Talns preferring space combat over that of the ground. Nonetheless, each Taln PC trooper is equipped with the best gear available, though emphasizing speed of deployment and mobility over firepower or armor. The Hover APC is a great example of this philosophy.

Special Tasks Force has the best of the best, Marines, Centurions, PC troopers, you name it. The training regimen kills many, but those that do survive are the best soldiers that Taln has to offer, relegated to delicate assignments and the like. Numbers are classified, though they are few.

Finally, the Centurion Home Guard hearkens to the old Cerean Empire, specializing in defensive tactics and trained extensively in the ways of their primary weapon, a precision rifle equipped with a barrel-length energy blade. Typically a Centurion will hold the stock as a grip and then engage the enemy in melee provided the conditions are ideal. While not as well trained as the STF, they are very selective in the recruitment process, consequently there is only around less than a million members for each planet, far less than the charter approved by the Council entailed. They are, however, supplanted by Marine forces when the necessity demands it.

Allies
Eggman Empire, Last_Jedi_Standing Industries, Caltech Industries, Commonwealth, Exion, Striigiforme, Aqualympia, Rogue Trader Alliance

We-don't-really-like-these-guys
ICE Corps, Shivan Alignment

Planets

Cayla - The Capital World of the Taln, it is a beautiful and scenic garden world with towering ivory structures and astounding vistas. It is home to the Council and Parliament, and serves as the operations center for the Centurion Home Guard. As such, it has been called the most heavily defended planet in the galaxy, with fleets of warships unceasingly patrolling the outer orbit, and innocuous looking powerful defense platforms are embedded in the many civilian centers and orbital cities.

Ruvakay - Ruvakay has something of a unique history in that originally the garden world was discarded as a barren and unfruitful planet, before a closer look was taken by government hired investigators that found the readings that originally condemned it were due to a generous selection of moons distorting them. Subsequently, a colonization attempt began in earnest, only to be disrupted by violent tides emanating from the many oceans hosted by the planet. Consequently, cities here reside inland, with a vast majority of the coasts untamed for fear of unparalleled civic destruction. Maintains a strong tourism industry in spite of this.

Shav - As a molten world, Shav is the breed of planet colony ships typically give a wide berth. However, it was found that the atmosphere contained a gas capable of being converted to oxygen very cheaply, and this, in conjunction with a wealth of mineral resources within the magma seas, gave just cause for a number of vessels to initiate the spread of the Sovereignty to this locale. Direct access to many of the alloys needed in ship construction makes it the home of some of the largest dry-docks in Taln space.

Hiigar - A garden planet, Hiigar was the second colonized planet by the Taln. A veritable paradise, the world soon hosted many Taln settlements, becoming a major player in internal politics. Taln Naval Command also has its main base in orbit here, and it was a no brainer that the military organization's most prominent shipyards came to reside there as well, pumping out ships for the fleet. Some of these shipyards were leased to a company creatively named Taln Shipyards in exchange for a heavy percentage of profits going toward the federal reserve.

Shukar - A vast sweeping ocean with dots of small islands, the planet is used mostly for Special Ops training with some tourism.

Alys - An ecunemopolis that relies on imports for citizen survival. The heart of Taln politics and philosophy.

Olin - In many Taln religions, Olin represents the goddess of the hearth. As one might imagine, Olin is, thus, a major source of essential food supplies to the other worlds, with over half the planet's surface being farmland. Strong CHB presence.

Hemis - Utterly destroyed by a nuclear test gone wrong. Few inhabitants, mostly scientists. It has been theorized that the STF base lies deep underground here, though the Council has dismissed these claims.

Fre Lin - A planet with an unbreathable atmosphere and unlivable pressure...typically used for weapons testing and some commercial manufacturing.

Gamlas - Garden World

Fornado - Often called 'The armpit of the Sovereignty', Fornado consists of a massive desert covering the entire planet. Crime is quite tenacious here, though the Taln CHG has worked fiercely to rectify the problem.

Eryl - While it seems like another garden world, the organisms here are not H20 reliant, as none formed on the planet in its formation, curiously. Lakes of an acid lethal to most sentient beings replace what would have been water, though these are rare. Most of the planet is composed of a jungle environment. Cities are shielded and isolated.

Qaysee - An icy world home to the primary TPC base, and by extension, a set of relays used as an early warning system against intruders. It gained its name due to a politician, Rorn Qaysee, coming along with the first expedition and falling into a crevice, never to be seen again.

Mikib - A gas giant, perhaps unique in that it appears to be the only one in Taln space. It is used heavily for fuel extraction, which comprises the entirety of the world's economy. It is surrounded by habitable moons.

Beilis - While not a gas giant, Beilis has a solid neutronium core hidden between wafts of valuable glasses. For all intents and purposes, its natural resources have made it the commercial capital of the Sovereignty.

Varuun - Again, typical garden world.

Kemlav - A barren planet distinguished only by an extensive mining operation run by Taln Naval Command, which has a number of shipyards in orbit that convert the raw material provided by the facilities on the surface into ship hulls, which are then passed on to the main shipyards over Hiigar for completion and commissioning.

Xeuz - Another icy world used entirely for scientific research, with a small CHG base on the North Pole nicknamed 'The Chiller' for its purpose in training recruits. Most of the research facilities are underground on the equator, safe from prying eyes or orbital bombardment.

Rotuna - While the surface is unlivable due to high pressure winds laced with paralyzing toxins, the planet totes a large orbital ring made possible by investments of companies insistent on extracting the multiple commercial metals embedded in the world's crust. However, through the years the ring has become less a home for miner tiens in bulky envirosuits and more a collection of cities encrusted into the massive ring.

Last edited by Fili on Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:53 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

Taln Sovereignty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taln Sovereignty   Taln Sovereignty Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 1:24 pm

How did it come to the war between the Shivans and Taln?
I thought the whole current diplomatic state evolved from the hatchling- affair.
Shiva was one of the main enemies of the hatchling murder and Taln almost declared war on the EE because they thought I would be a hatchling murderer as well.
Would it happen to be an misunderstanding?
In that case, I would like to solve it the peaceful way, before actual fights take place.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Taln Sovereignty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taln Sovereignty   Taln Sovereignty Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 1:26 pm

I do not have the authority to wage war, apparently. Neutral

High Sentinel Layna gave me a lecture today on that. I have revised my post accordingly.

I do not approve of the Shivan Alignment's leadership, nor their magical ability to raise ships from the sea around their pitiful island. As a result I have given vessels under my command authority to attack on sight, and a strongly encouraging the Council to formalize the whole deal.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

Taln Sovereignty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taln Sovereignty   Taln Sovereignty Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 1:34 pm

So then at least try to find out if it was a misunderstanding.
After that, you can, if it was a misunderstanding, tell the High Sentinel and maybe he/she (I don´t lnow the name so I don´t know the gender) will agree to put a diplomatic solution to this.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Taln Sovereignty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taln Sovereignty   Taln Sovereignty Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 1:37 pm

Layna is most definitely a she, though it's hard to tell sometimes Laughing

(Layna, if you are reading this, it was a JOKE. Come on!)

In any case this is more of a case of their leadership being very...eh, profanity is not allowed on this forum. As a result I am very adverse to even neutral relations with the Alignment. Do not fear, our ships alone could take on the task should such a war occur.
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

Taln Sovereignty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taln Sovereignty   Taln Sovereignty Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 1:42 pm

Technotronics Industries wishes an alliance.

We could provide technology against information and fully open trade routes.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Taln Sovereignty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taln Sovereignty   Taln Sovereignty Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 1:48 pm

M'enul Daynel wrote:

Your offer is a bit confusing in its wording. Could you please elaborate?

And what would the Technotron wish in return?
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

Taln Sovereignty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taln Sovereignty   Taln Sovereignty Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 1:54 pm

Fili wrote:
M'enul Daynel wrote:

Your offer is a bit confusing in its wording. Could you please elaborate?

And what would the Technotron wish in return?
We share technology with you, in return we get information and fully open trade routes, like maybe short-cuts through your minefields or turret areas.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Taln Sovereignty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taln Sovereignty   Taln Sovereignty Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 1:59 pm

We find your laser tech desirable as a supplementary weapon to our plasma cannons.

Blueprints for a recent device using this technology would be deemed an acceptable proposition for the use of the few routes to our core worlds used exclusively for trade.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Taln Sovereignty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taln Sovereignty   Taln Sovereignty Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 5:53 pm

Anyone think the new numbers are unreasonable?
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

Taln Sovereignty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taln Sovereignty   Taln Sovereignty Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 6:15 pm

No, I would say they are pretty balanced currently, maybe add a total for viewing pleasure?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Taln Sovereignty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taln Sovereignty   Taln Sovereignty Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 6:18 pm

I have a total, lemme make it moar bigger.
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

Taln Sovereignty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taln Sovereignty   Taln Sovereignty Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 11:19 pm

The Rogue Trader Alliance would like to request allyship with the Taln, for the mutual benefit of our factions.

OFF-TOPIC WARNING
400th post FTW.

I should probably have a fr0stbyte quote in my sig by now. Know any good ones I could use?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Taln Sovereignty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taln Sovereignty   Taln Sovereignty Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 6:26 pm

Done.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Taln Sovereignty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taln Sovereignty   Taln Sovereignty Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 8:57 pm

The Sovereignty was overrun by possessed forces that staged a surprise attack, quickly breaching the Taln's defenses and all but obliterating the combined navy. All ships presumed destroyed, and by extension, all worlds are considered uninhabitable and the surrounding space a Hazardous-IV zone, with death inevitable upon entry.
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

Taln Sovereignty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taln Sovereignty   Taln Sovereignty Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 9:39 pm

What happened to actually building ships instead of just throwing out the number you have and how good they are.

And yes, I only put this in Tiel's post.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Taln Sovereignty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taln Sovereignty   Taln Sovereignty Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taln Sovereignty
Page 1 of 1