Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Factions Lore-Wise

Go down 
+14
Tau
Groot
_Shadowcat_
Admiral Rekiin
Ivan2006
MrTargareyan
Iv121
ACH0225
Joel
Delta
MercurySteam
Saravanth
Caramell
Tiel+
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

Factions Lore-Wise - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 6:25 pm

I withdraw usage of the Strigiforme unless Fen writes it.
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 7:09 pm

Ooh a new post, Time to criticize IV like a mad dictator.
Quote :
- The faction should fit the tone of the mod. We are going for a more realistic sci-fi and so all your factions should be believable. You can take any common sci-fi franchises as an example such as Mass Effect.
So, Basicly every RP on this site? I'm pretty certain none of us are running medevil empires here.
Quote :
- That means no ponies sry. Not only we might get copyright issues but also they simply don't fit the tone. Dragons are not a good thing either.
Factions Lore-Wise - Page 3 50cm
Fits the lore in my mind.
Quote :
- For aliens species such as Owls for example - It would be cool if you don't describe yourself as a 2m tall owl but rather as an bird-like alien. Make yourself weird, not just an oversized Earthly owl, let your imagination flow !
Humans gonna Human.
Quote :
- No straight-up copying from other franchises, we want to be unique.
I have nothing to criticize here.
Quote :

I will look into each submission and try to work with you to make it all better, maybe your RP faction will also benefit from this exercise as after all you rarely had that opportunity to look in such depth into your faction Smile.
Sounds like you said "I'm making you think you have the power, but really I'm just going to take your idea and make it my own! Razz ".

Welp that was fun, I'l probably post something latter.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 1:30 am

Well at this rate I will have no one to write it with ACH, do you really believe Fen will do it better ? Fine, lets let Fen write it, lets say FK my work and take it down the freaking s***ter as always. If you are going to do it again and just try to ruin all my desperate tries to make sense of all of your factions, linking it all together Ill just quit.

I wonder why you don't like it, is it because I wont let you to rule over 95% of the galaxy ? Yes I won't you can freaking forget it. Alright you ruled over 95% of the galaxy but in FC itself you will barely have some 50 systems IN TOTAL ( you will prob have a share of 10 systems or something), so yea how will you explain that ? I doubt you can, in a way that won't feel forced or makeshift.

The problem is that stringiforme ended up like a key, signature faction in the RP, without it it can easily become pointless to write that lore, just like it would be useless to write it without NeoRome or the UTA ( I hope, I mean c’mon where would the catalyst go if I'll be gone Razz) etc.

As for you shadowcat, do you really think that without calibration any of your faction will work together ? There will always be changes, you always adapt things, the UTA was never supposed to be taken by owls in the first place, Im sure I kept my borders quite safe, however the owls want to rule over the galaxy fine Ill let them take the UTA, lore established, and honestly even if you just gonna take my work down the s***ter Whoever will try to write it will prob write something identical to this, merely because it links well into the overall story.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 8:50 am

Iv, the thing is, Fen knows very well all the factions; when he writes, it's usually not his fault the RPs screw up

Now, about the whole galaxy thing. You are buffing up your faction. This isn't something unexpected(everyone does it), but what's a little strange is that I hardly remember your faction at all, and I did almost all the faction RPs. Now, take from that what you will. As I understand it, there are a few big factions: The Strigiforme, who have remained fairly constant, NeoRome,which started out pretty ok but got wrecked, and the Robots/Skytherians, who are new/old and have a ton of internal problems.

Now, since this is the lore for FC: The mod, not FC: The RP summary, there can be no owls. The mod isn't going to have them, so they have to be dead. Now, if we don't want an easy way to have floating dead ships with good loot, then sure, the Strigiforme could have been relatively small and easily defeated.

Now, if we want an easy way to explain all the randomly generated ships with good loot, just say they're Strigiforme.

The FC galaxy will be, well, a galaxy. If things aren't constant, people will be unhappy. There will need to be some explanation to the loot ships, and if there is an inconsistent reason, it won't feel the same to the players. One part will get "They were part of an ancient and powerful empire", and another will get "They're pirate wrecks". Either works, but I feel like pirates are just less exciting.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 9:08 am

I'm pulling my faction's details.

1. Iv, you are being childish; you're literally declaring "I get Earth, and if you try to get it, I blow it up!"
2. I agree with Tiel - get rid of Earth or just retcon your history so's nobody has a clue where it is.
3. ACH, I nominate thee for the position of Official Futurecraft Lore Writer.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 10:05 am

Alright you want me to quit I quit, and moreover I put my money no one in this world will ever come with a lore for this god forsaken mod, as you never agree on anything, not with me , not with anyone else.

Not only this but you got like that and humiliate me, my work and fking send me down the shitter all together with it, it doesn't even matter who is right and who is wrong, I do it in my own free time trying to work it out with everyone and that is what you do to your friend, you should be deeply ashamed of your actions.

Now you say my faction is in significant ACH ?  Forget it you say I’m insignificant, I also helped to hold that official RP of yours together, again dedicating of my time to help there out and serve as a human computer, doing all the calculations so you wont have to, keeping them all tidy on the front page. You got 0 respect to no matter what I do , do you ?

And I also call a bullshit on that you don't know what the UTA is, you all know it well, not only the name but the very ships of this faction. The Hyperion, the raynor, even proto has UTN fighters in his collection. It has long since become part of FC want it or not, just like strigiforme or NeoRome.

I didn’t make my faction any more powerful, I bowed before you, at least for a time and yes you cannot expect to rule the galaxy.

IT doesn’t even matter who is right, you both owe me an apology. I guess I also learn to fknig keep away from idea section, you will never listen to me anyway no matter how much time I put into or what I do. I know hat you gonna say "Im the same I never back off ?" , guess I debated countless things with sara, we tend to share our ideas among ourselves, some things we definitely don't agree about, I didn’t like that web tech tree idea either until he explained it, it made sense and I liked it, you never do the same, that is why I feel like Im being fking shitted on every time I read this damn forum section.

Yea and the dead loot ships, Fen already made a candidate for that role if you read the RPs.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 10:33 am

Fleet Admiral Error wrote:

no.
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 10:42 am

Well there's no way that might backfire.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 11:23 am

I vote against this. I do not approve! No. Never.
Back to top Go down
http://arsln100.forumotion.com
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 2:04 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
Iv, the thing is, Fen knows very well all the factions; when he writes, it's usually not his fault the RPs screw up

Now, about the whole galaxy thing. You are buffing up your faction. This isn't something unexpected(everyone does it), but what's a little strange is that I hardly remember your faction at all, and I did almost all the faction RPs. Now, take from that what you will. As I understand it, there are a few big factions: The Strigiforme, who have remained fairly constant, NeoRome,which started out pretty ok but got wrecked, and the Robots/Skytherians, who are new/old and have a ton of internal problems.
Actually, I'm sure I speak for more than myself that by this point in time the concept of some omnipotent 'ARKs' and Fenway's repeated Dr. Who inserts are getting a little tired (TIEM LORDS GAIS!!). Personally I haven't been able to follow Proto's lore at all; just been going with the flow.

Also, don't turn this into a seniority contest. That you were here a few weeks earlier doesn't make your writings any more set in stone. It should rather be a competition of flow and...stuff.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 5:24 pm

Yeah the ARKs were not meant to be omnipotent, I don't know who said they were.

I'm not too sure that our RP should directly affect FC lore, however some of the races created by it... Well you'll see what I mean here when I sober up and write the post.
Back to top Go down
Saravanth
Recruit
Recruit
Saravanth

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 5:41 pm

Prototype wrote:

I'm not too sure that our RP should directly affect FC lore
^
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 5:58 pm

Iv121 wrote:
Alright you want me to quit I quit, and moreover I put my money no one in this world will ever come with a lore for this god forsaken mod, as you never agree on anything, not with me , not with anyone else.

Not only this but you got like that and humiliate me, my work and fking send me down the shitter all together with it, it doesn't even matter who is right and who is wrong, I do it in my own free time trying to work it out with everyone and that is what you do to your friend, you should be deeply ashamed of your actions.

Now you say my faction is in significant ACH ?  Forget it you say I’m insignificant, I also helped to hold that official RP of yours together, again dedicating of my time to help there out and serve as a human computer, doing all the calculations so you wont have to, keeping them all tidy on the front page. You got 0 respect to no matter what I do , do you ?

And I also call a bullshit on that you don't know what the UTA is, you all know it well, not only the name but the very ships of this faction. The Hyperion, the raynor, even proto has UTN fighters in his collection. It has long since become part of FC want it or not, just like strigiforme or NeoRome.

I didn’t make my faction any more powerful, I bowed before you, at least for a time and yes you cannot expect to rule the galaxy.

IT doesn’t even matter who is right, you both owe me an apology. I guess I also learn to fknig keep away from idea section, you will never listen to me anyway no matter how much time I put into or what I do. I know hat you gonna say "Im the same I never back off ?" , guess I debated countless things with sara, we tend to share our ideas among ourselves, some things we definitely don't agree about, I didn’t like that web tech tree idea either until he explained it, it made sense and I liked it, you never do the same, that is why I feel like Im being fking shitted on every time I read this damn forum section.

Yea and the dead loot ships, Fen already made a candidate for that role if you read the RPs.
Responses by paragraph number
1: No one on this forum ever agrees with anyone about anything. Lore is something that would take a lot a lot of compromise, but I doubt we're ready for that yet.

2: It was criticism, not humiliation. Also, we do this in our free times too.

3+4:
ACH0225 wrote:
but what's a little strange is that I hardly remember your faction at all, and I did almost all the faction RPs. Now, take from that what you will.
This means it's up for interpretation. I could have forgotten them, or any number of other reasons. Also, I stopped going into the ships forum on any forum about a year ago

5: You did let my ideas go through, however briefly. However, having an idea for a little while and actually using it are very different things. You also gave yourself Earth, despite there wing several other factions that could also have it, or even just have said it was blown up.

6: For honest criticism, I owe you an apology. No. That's honestly silly. If I spend hours on this, it doesn't automatically make me the leader. People respect the time put in, but that doesn't automatically mean everything you say goes. I also do know you can change your mind, and I can too, but I feel that most, if not all of my ideas could fit in easily.

Mini-paragraph 7- The ARKs are way too big to be loot ships. They're like 8 miles long or something. Having little frigate and cruiser loot ships would be far less OP, IMO.

Also, I refuse to take Iv's spot. I don't want to write this.

Last edited by ACH0225 on Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 5:59 pm

Desdenova wrote:
Prototype wrote:

^
^
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 7:36 pm

Vinyl wrote:
Desdenova wrote:
Prototype wrote:

^
^
^
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 10:01 pm

As most of you know for some reason I really hate ACH's guts. Why? I don't really know I just do.

But the thing is I respect him. Just like I respect Fens opinion or Vinyl's or Proto's. The thing is Iv you have not even touched the RP section. I would know I basically the hermit of that section but you have not even touched it since what a year? Maybe two? So tell me what you think of that.

Oh and Iv? I think we said long ago that Earth was lost never to be seen again.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 11:32 pm

Tau wrote:
Vinyl wrote:
Desdenova wrote:
Prototype wrote:

^
^
^
ˇ
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 1:06 am

Tiel+ wrote:
Tau wrote:
Vinyl wrote:
Desdenova wrote:
Prototype wrote:

^
^
^
ˇ
In that case, what's bear force.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 4:06 am

Soul of Jack wrote:

But the thing is I respect him. Just like I respect Fens opinion or Vinyl's or Proto's. The thing is Iv you have not even touched the RP section. I would know I basically the hermit of that section but you have not even touched it since what a year? Maybe two? So tell me what you think of that.
Oh ironical things you write there jack, it's hard to help moderating the faction RP if you don't read what's in it, is it ? Maybe if you read the actual post you responded to you would have seen I wrote that. It is true I don't participate in many RPs, I kinda can't keep up with more than one at a time but that doesn't mean I don't read the other, more interesting ones, I just can allow myself to skip the boring parts in these unlike the ones I take part in.

As for the biggest, the most significant RPs for this thread, the main empire RPs, I not only participate in them but also take an active role, doing daring stuff and driving the RP forward. Even if you think Im insignificant there at the least I brought the first RP down Smile(Well I guess I just pointed out that each faction had it's own understanding of proper fleet size and I also gathered all of them up for a ridiculous showdown Razz). For these RPs I even keep organized maps that not only help to see the exact balance of powers as of now but also help to keep up with all present and past events that ever happened in that RP.

Also ACH healthy criticism huh ?

ACH0225 wrote:
I withdraw usage of the Strigiforme unless Fen writes it.
GJ on that, that is the exact respect to work I talk about ...

I don't even know if there is a point to continue writing that thing. Honestly I can continue with ACH's agreement or without it. As I said the second your faction appears here it is not yours nor mine anymore, rather a common property of FC, actually the second it became an icon for FC. You do not actually own it anymore ACH and I could just s*** on your request just like you s***ed on my work and move on, but I won't do it because I got respect for you,  and that is even though you still owe me that apology. You can keep trying to turn things around as much as you want but it won’t change that fact, you can either run away from it, continue denying or do something that takes guts for a change, that is because there is a difference between you did and two more people here did and healthy criticism. Jack you're also in the wrong now, at least check your facts before you go and do baseless blames.
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 7:26 am

seriously though, since no one is going to agree who gets earth, why dont you play SOASE or something for it? Smile
Back to top Go down
Saravanth
Recruit
Recruit
Saravanth

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 7:42 am

MrTargareyan wrote:

seriously though, since no one is going to agree who gets earth, why dont you play SOASE or something for it? Smile
Occupation Victory Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 7:55 am

Oh? I'm in the wrong? You are basically saying 'Your idea is property of FC instead of the person who came up with the damn idea in the first place'. You haven't legally claimed have you? No? Didn't think so. You want my opinion on all of this ACH can do what he wants with the Owls because he not you came up with them.

Also where there is Owls there are Endians so I'm out.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 8:14 am

You never were in just to clearify, you didnt even bother to make a submission so I dont get what you want from me ... Bother reading before replying Jack, you did it twice in a row now ...

Back to top Go down
Saravanth
Recruit
Recruit
Saravanth

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 8:24 am

Factions Lore-Wise - Page 3 Jesus-baby-cry-caption
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 8:43 am

Well it makes me cry, to think you made all this fuss out of EARTH THAT NOBODY ACTUALLY EVEN WANTS, all I read was that people don't want me to keep it ...

See just don't bother, apart from the fact it is impossible to write ANY lore in the current state Im also not planning on doing it, find another sucker to do your bidding .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Factions Lore-Wise
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next