Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Share | 

Factions Lore-Wise

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ivan2006
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:36 pm

Iv121 wrote:
We also start to get too many human factions now.
In my factions, humans are a minority, not significantly more than you'd have gotten through normal migration if the Mogrians had been in that universe for as long as humanity travelled space.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:57 pm

Iv121 wrote:
We also start to get too many human factions now.
The Zuguthian Empire is cross-species.
Although it is true that the Emperor's Council is mostly human, which upsets several of the inhabitants.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:31 pm

Universes in which humanity is the equivalent of cockroaches are always intriguing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Groot
Marine
Marine

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:36 pm

Am I going to need to cut out the megaman references?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ivan2006
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:37 pm

Tiel+ wrote:
Universes in which humanity is the equivalent of cockroaches are always intriguing.
This might be what Iv meant.
sooo...
moar aliens?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:48 pm

No, as in so many humans the other species in the galaxy border on xenophobic at best.

I still think Earth should be consecrated ground period to avoid any continuity errors. Have it undergo a Titan AE scenario, that way no one fights for the right to have their lore begin there. The various human factions can have their beginnings in the surviving refugees of Earth's destruction.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admiral Rekiin

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:53 pm

History
Ancient records show that the first true Aeqvalkhii planet-wide government, known by Aeq Historians as 'the Great Empire' and now known as the 'Aeqvalkhii Space Empire' was formed in the P.I 380 (2052 A.D Terran Years) following the War of Patriots. The war had left the planet in a state of chaos, as seas had become poisoned by radiation from nuclear weaponry, wiping out millions of civilians.

The Empire was founded by Talschov Valkhediir, a soldier who had fought in the war. Valkhediir assembled a large group of followers and set up a settlement in the ruins of the old city of Jakheratiiv (Now known as Iikheratiiv.) This settlement grew and as technology was restored the small nation, led by the descendants of Valkhediir, who came to be known as the 'Talschov Line', managed to take control of the entire planet, including the few orbital facilities available at the time.

After the FTL drive was invented and the Great Empire became the Aeqvalkhii Space Empire, there was a massive campaign of exploration, and 13 uninhabited systems where added to the Imperial territory. This expansion stopped when the Aeq entered Strigiforme territory (a mere 8 years before the fall of the Strigiforme) and decided to begin reinforcing what systems they had already colonized to protect them from attack.

The Aeq are renowned for their excellent Kinetic weaponry and fantastic ground vehicles. They are also famous for being one of the only large nations in the galaxy that still maintain an active wet navy."

Physical Description
The Aeq are an intelligent semi-aquatic species. The average height for an Aeq is 2.5 to 3 meters. Their necks are thick and they have no identifiable 'chins'. Their head bears a resemblance to that of the Terran animal known as the shark (Scientific name: Selachimorpha.) Their head aside, Aeq have two limbs ending in long bony fins. Attached to these fins are seven flexible fingers allowing them to manipulate and lift objects. They have no legs and propel themselves on land with their tail and front limbs (somewhat like a seal.) Despite this, they are quite fast, although not being able to hold anything in their arms as they move is a disadvantage, hence their tendency towards vehicles while fighting planet-side.
Aeq males and females are pretty much identical in appearance, thus their society lacks any kind of gender-based prejudice.

Alien enough? I turned my race into seal-sharks to make them a bit more original than generic fish-men.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:23 pm

And now tiel , do you really want to destroy Earth ? Think twice, you don't just add random word to the story, you build a universe and that is a very harsh choice especially considering it doesn't help to expand the universe in any way. Destroying Earth is last case scenario if we cant agree who gets it, and even in this case I got a gentle way of getting rid of it.

The problem I see as of now is mainly that there are only two kinds of factions existing - Either you are just another human faction / corp that for some reason just needs to have a system somewhere far away or you are an all powerful alien empire that is also getting mysteriously destroyed for some reason.

We need to vary it more, I will prob request the weaker plots to be rewritten until I get something I can work with and then Ill think how to link it in.

I will look into each case, see where I can link them in (the way I did with NeoRome couse it is crucial to the lore no matter how you turn it, as well as the owls). I also thought about targ's aliens. They might be a good example as it is easy to develop them into something sci-fi-ish with a flavor.

These An’tokor as he called them can easily become shadows of their former selves, degraded from some sort of technological empire they were. They believe that by gathering powerful technology they can open a gate to heaven (that is how they refer to their homeworld probably, what this homeworld truly is probably no one remembers). They are not as good scientists but they are good engineers and fanatically collect any pieces of technology they can put their hands on (probably turning their places into big junkyards in the process).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:27 pm

Iv121 wrote:
And now tiel , do you really want to destroy Earth ? Think twice, you don't just add random word to the story, you build a universe and that is a very harsh choice especially considering it doesn't help to expand the universe in any way. Destroying Earth is last case scenario if we cant agree who gets it, and even in this case I got a gentle way of getting rid of it.
Your gentle way of getting rid of it is calling it yours and vehemently denying anyone else the privilege of using it in their origin stories on the basis that your story is better. A blunt and rude way of putting it, but that's what I'm seeing here.

The best solution would be to just remove it from play entirely, either through the honor system as per the RPs, or just having some extraterrestial race blow it up so that everyone can claim some heritage to it.

I do agree with everything else though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admiral Rekiin

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:43 pm

Might I ask if mine is counted as one of the weaker plots? I believe my race is probably good enough but my lore is a bit bland and uneventful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joel
Marine
Marine

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:35 pm

At the core, I've always been humans, and after the second Novum I became a clone race after self-genocide, and currently am the descendants of the those clones mixed with thirdparty humans. During PDF, Exion, and the CoPS there were ponies involved, but all involved were killed during the Orange Bots war against the Plant Daleks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:31 pm

I had two tacos today.

They were pretty good, but I feel kinda bad eating the second one since I had a big lunch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joel
Marine
Marine

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:18 pm

Tiel+ wrote:
I had two tacos today.

They were pretty good, but I feel kinda bad eating the second one since I had a big lunch.
What.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ACH0225
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:09 pm

Seeing as I am apparently semi-unbiased, as my faction seems to be a semi-stable thing, I'll try and sort this out. It's gonna get butchered.

0 Strigiforme Calendar-Strigiforme arrive in galaxy, during the lull after a massive Pan-Galactic war that reduced all prior civilizations to pre-FTL tech. Combatants unknown.

65,000 Strigiforme Calendar-Virtually unopposed, the Strigiforme conquer the vast majority of the galaxy. Several groups of human and miscellaneous species take FTL craft during this time, several of which end up forming small planetary empires. 95% are eliminated completely.

135,000 Strigiforme Calendar-Following a lengthy golden age, during which the Strigiforme grow in technology and population at prodigious rates, they rapidly collapse. The exact reasons are unknown, but some put it down to a combination of vast genetic failure in food crops and new diseases, or possibly an internal schism.

140,500 Strigiforme Calendar-The Strigiforme Empire has almost completely collapsed. The scant 500 billion or so Strigiforme left will eventually die off. The Strigiforme's slave races, specifically the humans, inhabit hundreds of their former masters' worlds. Earth in specific becomes a hub for several fledging human empires, as well as several other worlds. Other slave races fare less well due to far fewer numbers.

150,000 Strigiforme Calendar- Modern times. Strigiforme tech is highly priced, especially by the warring empires that exist where the Strigiforme once ruled.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:25 pm

Can we get an overarching timeline of important events off of which we can base our faction's involvement?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:03 pm

MercurySteam wrote:
Can we get an overarching timeline of important events off of which we can base our faction's involvement?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://arsln100.forumotion.com
Joel
Marine
Marine

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:09 pm

Solar112 wrote:
MercurySteam wrote:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:27 am

Vinyl wrote:
Solar112 wrote:
MercurySteam wrote:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:30 am

I think that instead of just deleting half the entries I will go and start merging entries together, they ended quite similar after all so one faction can easily represent two or more. That solves both the repetativity and the big amount of factions problem.

It is hard to give timelines as of now as we don't have a strong basis to make it. I'd also Nerf the owls BTW, 95% of the galaxy and then reduced to basically ash ? I don't buy it, plus why would you need 95% of the galaxy anyway ? I'd say the conquered half of the known space including humans until they met another faction here that gave them a good fight, then internal rebellions broke the empire apart (Works sorta like The USSR, and you are still left with a solid country in the process)

I allowed myself to keep Earth Tiel because I was the first faction to ever claim it in it's lore throughout the forum's existence, and as far as I know the only faction that ever needed it, want Earth ? Fine by me Ill give you it, however I will request it back. What does it mean ? That means that Earth will just get destroyed, and don't say it's either me or no one because it is just either one wants it or no one gets it. Im already one who wants it, if two want it Earth's a goner, doesn't matter who currently holds it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:44 am

Iv121 wrote:

It is hard to give timelines as of now as we don't have a strong basis to make it.
FENWAY, WE NEED A TIMELINE!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:16 am

The RP timeline can be useful however it only includes late history. We have no idea what happened prior to it which is the majority of the timeline.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:10 pm

Iv121 wrote:

I allowed myself to keep Earth Tiel because I was the first faction to ever claim it in it's lore throughout the forum's existence, and as far as I know the only faction that ever needed it, want Earth ? Fine by me Ill give you it, however I will request it back. What does it mean ? That means that Earth will just get destroyed, and don't say it's either me or no one because it is just either one wants it or no one gets it. Im already one who wants it, if two want it Earth's a goner, doesn't matter who currently holds it.
My problem is you're doing the equivalent here of stamping your foot and saying "I was here first! You can't have it!" which is especially childish seeing as you're the one starting this in the first place. While I do believe the past could do with some exploration, it should not be dictated by any single person but rather decided by the community. If your faction's lore can't live without what should be a relatively minor piece of your past, it obviously could do with some redesign. Your role as organizer should not be used solely to push your own agenda.

Not looking for an argument here, but when you do something like this Iv, you need to be careful not to step on anyone's fingers. From what I've seen so far you could care less.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:47 pm

I claimed Earth two years ago when I established the UTN and since then nobody wanted it ... Want to claim it just say and we will both blow it up as I said in the beginning, and believe me nobody wants to see it blown to pieces, its like failed Drama where you're supposed to cry or something but instead you just getl annoyed , no good for most stories unless you plan for a post-apocalyptic setting which is not our goal, plus there are enough blown up homeworlds here already.

Also just keep in mind that the UTA is not MY faction, nor strigiforme will be ACH's faction when Im done with it nor any other faction, they are being donated to the cause. That means I don't claim anything in fact, I just assigned it to one of the Human factions, will it be NeoRome who gets it or the Terran Alliance which prob needs a new name it is just a change in name.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Groot
Marine
Marine

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:54 pm

You know I was working on an explanation for why nobody knew a damn thing about Earth in the RP to fit on with everything else, but a I haven't run it past Fenway, and b we need the main RP to see how it plays out
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:44 pm

The main RP is again set far into the future so it won't help, good for key events closer to the setting of FC itself but doesn't help with the past. Again forgetting earth, erasing it, destroying it, feeding it to the space kraken, all of these apocalyptic things kinda hurt the tone in my opinion. If you really want to kill Earth then I'd do it in style in the game itself (like you would see in ME for example though they could slightly improve it ...) , problem you are against interfering like that into the gameplay but it's a topic for another time.

For now I want to keep Earth alive as well as most of your capitals and destroyed empires and all that stuff, by simply reducing the size of strigiforme for example from like 95% of the galaxy to the mere known systems we basically didn’t change the plot where stringiforme was a defeated empire and yet we make this defeat so much smaller and keep it bright. The fact we are making something serious doesn’t mean it has to be dark as s***. Yes you could possibly make it darker but what we got now is already enough.

BTW I didn’t have time to write it down but Im planning to continue the lore from the UTA perspective because it is both easy to understand as we know who are humans and where they come from as well as I have more creative freedom as I don't overwrite lores of others. I plan to continue developing it towards the decisive war with strigiforme.

In short strigiforme comes equipped with advanced shields, fight the humans for a bit and when they get they're out of league they surrender and request to be ruled by strigiforme. They will resupply strigiforme ships who are now in a bloody fight with some other faction that we will need to decide upon as well as pay taxes and strigiforme can leave them alone and focus on the enemy (After all they got no ships to spare right now). The humans abuse this and over time grown inside strigiforme, placing agents and stealing technology. This also explains why the SoF is such feared organization (I believe at least you fear it, after all only I know in which RP nation my agents are currently dwelling...). Anyway by the time strigiforme notices it all Terran ships in the galaxy are already fitted with their very own shields and weapons. Together with the push of that unknown faction and other rebel states that break off from strigiforme they are brought to their knees, leaving nothing but their core systems.

So now while I go to sleep you help me figure which faction can hold off stringiforme and how, good night now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   

Back to top Go down

Factions Lore-Wise
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next