Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Factions Lore-Wise

Go down 
+14
Tau
Groot
_Shadowcat_
Admiral Rekiin
Ivan2006
MrTargareyan
Iv121
ACH0225
Joel
Delta
MercurySteam
Saravanth
Caramell
Tiel+
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

Factions Lore-Wise Empty
PostSubject: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 2:09 pm

Alright so I as thinking about FC RP and lore in general recently. I think it would be cool if we could incorporate our RP factions into one mainstream FC lore and maybe even add an event timeline as it happened in the main RPs. Although we have there quite a substantial amount of lore it is ill-suited for our mod, In order to make them fit inside the universe we got to adapt our factions to the style set by the mod itself. That is why I took on myself (yet again) to collect all the lore pieces together, adjust them and combine into a solid backstory.

I want to begin with the factions and aliens that exist in our universe. Anyone who wishes to be added should basically describe his faction/race in short, no need to dive in detail. I think 2-3 paragraphs should be enough (if not less).

Here are the requirements in short:

- The faction should fit the tone of the mod. We are going for a more realistic sci-fi and so all your factions should be believable. You can take any common sci-fi franchises as an example such as Mass Effect.
- That means no ponies sry. Not only we might get copyright issues but also they simply don't fit the tone. Dragons are not a good thing either.
- For aliens species such as Owls for example - It would be cool if you don't describe yourself as a 2m tall owl but rather as an bird-like alien. Make yourself weird, not just an oversized Earthly owl, let your imagination flow !
- No straight-up copying from other franchises, we want to be unique.

I will look into each submission and try to work with you to make it all better, maybe your RP faction will also benefit from this exercise as after all you rarely had that opportunity to look in such depth into your faction Smile.

NOTES:

A note about Earth: For now I intent to make it part of the UTA, however if we gonna have problems with Earth ownership I just gonna nuke it and nobody gets it, got it ?

About Owls and Tiens (or whateves Tiel names em) - Tiel and ACH you can work together to combine your lores ! Think of it as two similar species sharing the same home planet, developing together on it ! (You are both birds after all ...) This can elevate your lore and make it quite interesting and unique.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

Factions Lore-Wise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 2:48 pm

I want to say no, but anything involving the community is infinitely better than the Futurecraft Empire thing Mack was talking about back in the day.

My main gripe is that you're going to see a disparity in quality compared to, say, Mass Effect or even Ground Control simply due to the fact that we have so many overlapping 'unique' traits.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

Factions Lore-Wise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 3:03 pm

What do you mean ? If you hope to make something completely new that nobody ever fought about before that probably wont happen, however the two bird aliens are a good start Smile, that is something rare enough. With time we will refine the lore into something good enough at least for the mod, definitely good enough for the RP, and maybe not worse than ME (between us it's not THAT unique Razz)
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

Factions Lore-Wise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 4:52 pm

If we're going to keep it realistic, I guess I'll have to forget about the time when the Technotronic Dictatorship was a galaxy-wide science-and-industry nation.
Experimental Grape Juice will be remembered though.

BRB re-imagining stupid faction backstory.
Back to top Go down
Saravanth
Recruit
Recruit
Saravanth

Factions Lore-Wise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 4:57 pm

Mh, imho there should be no backstory predefined, but history written by the people actually playing the mod in it's early days. But that's just my three cents, I do not wish to hinder any process which possibly could benefit the mod in one way or another.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

Factions Lore-Wise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 5:05 pm

See the point being that based on lore appear mechanics, it is also a way to think of details we would otherwise miss while planning the game mechanics. Out of these specific factions we can probably make the military NPCs and default hubs that neutral (and faction members too) players can use. I thought that having a few of them is better than one as for example one faction can support piracy ! And another faction might forbid importing some sorts of goods making them a contraband, profitable yet worsens your relations with that specific faction.

As for the races themselves they can allow us to make different player stats as well as different tech trees. One race is better with ballistics while another might prefer plasma based weapons. Eventually you can get access to both but each race will have different technology available early on (the way you sara suggested)
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

Factions Lore-Wise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 5:11 pm

So what do we post the back story here, or in our faction page?

If the latter, I'm going to need to go necro my faction page...
Back to top Go down
http://arsln100.forumotion.com
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

Factions Lore-Wise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 5:22 pm

I guess here for easiness, as I said 2-3 pars dont write me articles that would be hard to process.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

Factions Lore-Wise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 9:10 pm

So we just... drop things here? What exactly do we have to have? Is there an application?

Where's the rubric?

Will we be graded on this?
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

Factions Lore-Wise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 9:19 pm

MercurySteam wrote:
So we just... drop things here? What exactly do we have to have? Is there an application?

Where's the rubric?

Will we be graded on this?
Extra Credit Question: What is my motivation to participate in this?
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

Factions Lore-Wise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 9:31 pm

This is obviously a ploy to get people to join the IDF. Maybe in a little bit, still figuring out how it could work. Obviously, owls are all dead, but there could still be ruined ships and stations...
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

Factions Lore-Wise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 9:36 pm

I guess I should start from the very beginning...

Then Solari Empire was a colony of The Arslanian Empire. However, The Arslanian Empire did provide them with supplies, or protection. So, when rebellion broke out among the other colonies, The Arslanian Empire's leader fled to the colony, which today is the Solari Empire, He, and his fleet were destroyed. After that, the colony selected one of their members to lead them.

Today, The Solari Empire typically remain secluded unless there is either A. Fun, Or B. Science to be had.

The Solari were genetically engineered for the colony's specific task. The Solari have a dark-ish grey thick skin. They're roughly 2-3 meters in size. Their eyes, which are similar to cat eyes, in the fact that they can dilate from a slit only a few millimeters in size, to large circles that are the size of their eye-socket, are protected by three eyelids. The Solari are a bipedal race.

This is all I can think of ATM... Also a guide would be nice...

Last edited by Solar112 on Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:36 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Description of race)
Back to top Go down
http://arsln100.forumotion.com
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

Factions Lore-Wise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 9:52 pm

I'd like to provide a basic timeline of all my factions, outlining the majority of the major tie-ins between my RP things, but it lacks some more recent ones and those of certain individual things and also omits large swathes of later info that was for the most part on fc-mod. The timeline assumes all RPs are tied into a single multiverse with each used universe to have the same time passage rate, as well as the current year in Valios to be ~11,300 AD in order to properly use Hexicorp as the main faction body rather than Hexalan (yes there I *do* have a main faction in Valios other than Radion, but its purely a company at this point and plays no major roles in anything beyond this point with Radion carrying on the legacy).
I Spend Too Much Time On This:
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

Factions Lore-Wise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 11:48 pm

May I present to the honourable persons of the Futurecraft Forums, the Strigiforme.

"An extra-dimensional race, the Strigiforme economy is driven by periodic conquests and the construction and exploitation of these new worlds. Prior to their arrival, the Strigiforme inhabited one world, but multiple iterations of that world; 243 worlds, each in its own dimension. Then, for unknown reasons, the Yttrium portals that tied these dimensions together broke.

The individual dimensions diverged, each going on a different sociological and developmental path. The pertinent Strigiforme quickly developed space travel, in an early formative period of the galaxy, when there were no major FTL races to oppose them.

The Strigiforme expanded rapidly, and eventually covered most of the galaxy. They thrived, becoming masters of technology and trade. During their reign, they briefly re-established contact with a neighboring dimension, but we're disgusted by the primal state their brothers were in, and left behind only a few thousand owls to try and restore civilization. As the Strigiforme grew, so did the spread of their slave race, the humans. The humans evolved in this dimension as well, but never progressed far. Their world was kept as a location to capture new slaves for development of fresh gene pools, and to restock passing ships.

Then, for some inexplicable reason, they fell. Some said it was a disease, others a massive surge of radiation, to which the Strigiforme were particularly weak, and others say they simply collapsed under the strain of their own empire. Despite their massive technological prowess, they collapsed over the course of 400 Standard Years, an incredibly short time for an empire so massive. Their ships and ruins still dot space, filled with technologies beyond modern manufacturing capabilities. Strigiforme shields are renowned for their strength, their FTL drives capable of faster spool up speeds, and their weapons devastating in power.

While many actively search for Strigiforme relics, a select few search for a select location; the Strigiforme homeworld of Cuuyth, believed to have such astounding wonders that whoever could find it would be rendered rich for all eternity. Cuuyth's wonders have enraptured the lives of countless thousands, but none have ever found it. The hunt for it has gone on for thousands of years, and will continue for thousands of years."

Excerpt from the Encyclopedia Galactica.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

Factions Lore-Wise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 2:22 am

To become masters of the universe is a bit problematic as well as I don’t know how to eat your multi-dimensional travel. It can be possible that you conquered other life forms however there was probably someone in the galaxy to stop you who might very well be in this very lore.

I also don’t know how to eat the multiverse with Vinyl too -.- , you guys overcomplicate this (and could easily write the same without it actually) ...

Also ACH I'd like to see a physical description of what you are. I don't want it to be too earth-like. And what is your race vinyl ? These are all trivial things that you know and think everyone knows but that is exactly why nobody knows apart from you, that is why I want you to write down the more trivial things (Ironically I thought it is trivial that you begin with trivial things and didnt write it down Razz , so here you go ...)

I guess I could try to give it a personal example later this day.
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

Factions Lore-Wise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 4:00 am

Note-I have changed the names of most of my faction stuff as they were all Game of Thrones/TES rip offs Smile

The Dominion of An’tokor was once an empire of thousands; encompassing the entire of the Van’dar galaxy. Created by the ancient and powerful race known as the An’daran, there past has been lost over the millennia. For uncertain reasons, the black hole at the centre of the galaxy exploded; destroying much of Van'dar, and forcing the An’tokor  to flee into the known realms. Almost all of their fleet obliterated, the An’tokor sought the protection of UGC, and settled in an uninhabited system; calling it Tor’lan or Nights Revenge.

Once the embodiment of elven beauty; the An’tocor are but a shadow of their former selves, and have degenerated into insane, vicious, plasma based lifeforms. The An’tokor still reside in this system, gradually regaining they’re power; until they can gather a crusade into the Van’dar galaxy, to bring back their homeworld.
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

Factions Lore-Wise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 6:13 am

WARNING - Long backstory:
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

Factions Lore-Wise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 6:59 am

"The Strigiforme(history given in Section 2, article 47) are described by most archeologists as being large; up to 3 meters tall in some cases, though typically only 2.5 meters. They are known to have possessed a pair of wings, but not shoulder-set arms or hands. Instead, they used mechanical attachments when possible, and their versatile 6-taloned feet when needed. Archeologists shifting through ruins have found a great number of dropped feathers, as well as a few well-preserved bodies with feathers. This indicates the Strigiforme were avian in nature. As the Strigiforme were a technically non-natural invasive species, they have no fossil record, even if their homeworld was found.

From ancient stories and archeological digs, a small knowledge of the Strigiform language has been pieced together. Their language has been found to have been the root language for over 8,000 of the 11,000 most widely spoken languages in the galaxy, and it has many lend-words in the remaining languages. Strigiforme culture has been found to have been highly disciplined and militaristic, and putting a high priority on efficiency. They were not religious, and it is believed they may have been some heavily specialized version of a republic, though this has never been confirmed."
Excerpt from the Encyclopedia Galactica
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

Factions Lore-Wise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 10:01 am

Originally formed hundreds of years ago as a means to fight the Strigiforme's iron grip on the galaxy, the Terran Alliance was a group of rag-tag warriors, traders, and civilians. Having ineffectually played the guerilla game with the Strigiforme for years, they watched with glee when their empire collapsed in on itself.

Setting up in the 2nd Spiral Arm of the Milky Way Galaxy, the Alliance expanded rapidly. Their history is remarkable for an oddly ironic reason - they have had almost no history worth noting. Only 152 years ago, however, they began to collapse of unknown reasons. Information is sparse, but reports suggested some type of incredibly virulent and deadly illness. The quarantine of that nation has yet to be broken, enforced as it is by the automated Alliance Guard.

Now, almost nothing remains of that civilization except for ruins, drones, and the occasional survivor. Wandering the stars aimlessly, they appear to know nothing of the former Alliance, but are incredibly gifted psionically.

Biological studies and the recovery of several skeletons suggests the Alliance was predominantly human, but the discovery of a Strigiforme skeleton has raised several questions about their alignment. Given their original purpose, it seems rather odd that this would occur, but getting past the quarantine to find out more has proven impossible.

Psychological studies indicate that the remaining Allies (as the common term is) are incredibly unpredictable. Sometimes kind, compassionate, and friendly, and at other times, they will lash out at anyone and anything. However, the survivors all share a surprisingly forceful hatred for the Strigiforme, thus suggesting this may be the cause of the Alliance's collapse. However, facts are remaining elusive.

Archaological studies of the accessible portions of Alliance territory indicates they had a significant space navy. All ships recovered used solely ballistic weapons, and tests proved they were highly effective against even current technology. Ground-based military equipment followed much the same path. All Alliance survivors seems extraordinarily proficient with almost any ballistic weapon; some even retain sidearms or rifles from the Alliance itself.

Excerpt from The Terran Alliance: A Study
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

Factions Lore-Wise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 10:03 am

Alright the results of my work ended up being quite a bad example as pretty much everyone knows here what humans are so I didnt write it while other species are a bit more problematic. Anyway for humans whats important is their origin, how they ended up far away from Earth.

The beginning of the UTA:

EDIT: Fk error you just messed up my version of how the terrans rebel against the owls, that gets complicated and hard to link ... I won't begin with the fact some humans are thousands of years in space while others mere 200. I would imagine humans as dumb but rapidly expanding and adapting. Terran history is much faster.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

Factions Lore-Wise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 10:24 am

Think of them as a splinter group who stayed hidden and developed much, much faster. And note: They were only fighting a few years (30) before the Strigiforme started collapsing.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

Factions Lore-Wise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 11:00 am

There are a few mismatches - how did they develop faster ? I know NeoRome found the arks which was sort of their winning card and the UTA is not technologically advanced BTW. Also how did they end up separated from Earth, and how did they develop tech so fast they became a significant threat to Strigiforme even though their numbers were probably very low ...
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

Factions Lore-Wise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 1:33 pm

Mogrians:
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

Factions Lore-Wise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 2:48 pm

Iv121 wrote:
There are a few mismatches - how did they develop faster ? I know NeoRome found the arks which was sort of their winning card and the UTA is not technologically advanced BTW. Also how did they end up separated from Earth, and how did they develop tech so fast they became a significant threat to Strigiforme even though their numbers were probably very low ...
They developed faster by nicking Strigiforme tech.

They left Earth after they realized the rest of humanity wasn't really managing that well.

They weren't a significant threat - they fought them ineffectually. In other words, they may have dented a few ships and blown up a couple.

Their numbers grew (slowly), giving us the Alliance.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

Factions Lore-Wise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 3:24 pm

We also start to get too many human factions now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Factions Lore-Wise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Factions Lore-Wise   Factions Lore-Wise Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Factions Lore-Wise
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next