Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

The Frontier

Go down 
+7
Soul of Jack
Groot
_Shadowcat_
Luna
Joel
Tiel+
MercurySteam
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

The Frontier Empty
PostSubject: The Frontier   The Frontier Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 11:34 pm

Welcome to the periphery of civilization, EX-0121, known to its residents as the Last Oasis, or more commonly as Yon, one of the farthest colonies known to be established. We're weeks away from the nearest faction-controlled outpost by standard FTL, about a month from the closest gate. Technically, this place isn't even in the galaxy.

This colony began as a research outpost, only a few hundred occupants on one of the more hospitable of the seven planets. A few years after settlement, the colony spread to include the rest of the system. Some of the planets were found to contain several rare, valuable materials. The discovery of these minerals sparked a gold rush that lasted for a few decades, bringing millions of miners to Yon. Eventually, the more obvious minable pockets were exhausted and the majority of the miners left. With the evacuation of the miners, housing complexes and established structures were left uninhabited. Thus began an influx of refugees, outlaws, scavengers, and others that wished to take advantage of the next-to-nothing price of living. The population continued to grow, the society began to develop. Now, three hundred years after its original foundation, there's a loose, skeletal government that holds the system together. The majority of law enforcement is in the hands of bounty hunters. Syndicates that are more akin to highly-organized mobs operate and clash.

Stella Yon- The colloquial name of EX-0121's sun, a moderately sized yellow star very similar to Sol.

Yon-1: Ember- A small, hot, barren world of sun-drenched terrain and poisonous air. Mercury vapor and carbon monoxide make up much of its atmosphere. The few residents that make their homes here live under the planet's surface, though they are still under threat from the extreme tectonic and volcanic activity.

Yon-2:ArrakisDria- Beware the shifting sands of the desert sphere for fear of waking the creatures that lurk beneath. Here, there is very little natural water, and few people. Those that live on its parched surface either dwell in shielded cities or walk the desert. The planet was valued for a compound found in its soil, one with strange medicinal qualities. It was thought to be mined out, but the nomads still have ways to extract and use it.

Yon-3: Pura- A planet that could best be described as very wet. More than 98% of its surface is covered in water, many of the oceans are dozens of miles deep. Its two massive, opposing satellites create tidal surges that bulge a hundred meters above average sea level. The tiny percent of dry land are located at the poles. This is also the location of the majority of the population, the rest live in submarine cities. A plethora of life thrives under the blue swells, including some rather intelligent fauna.

Yon-4:Autumn- Small, but incredibly fertile. The low-gravity and mild weather allows for ancient, towering forests and tall grasslands. Much of the system's food is grown here. The planet houses a large percent of the total population, immigration is heavily regulated to preserve its massive biosphere and preserve land for farmers.

Yon-5: Miastat- A massive, indigo swirl of gasses surrounding a ball of metallic hydrogen and silicates. It is several times the mass of Jupiter, about a third smaller than a Brown Dwarf. Old Harvester pylons still skim its atmosphere, though many of them are on the verge of destruction due to their age and lack of proper maintenance. Its thirty moons are relatively habitable, most have a livable atmosphere and sport a moderate temperature. Flora and fauna flourish on some of them.

Yon-6: Brink- A dead sphere of dark, broken land. Though its core is long solidified, there is still remnants of an atmosphere and magnetosphere. The reflective purple landscape and sunlight filtered through its red-orange atmosphere ignite the planet at dusk and dawn. If the system were more accessible, it would probably be a popular tourist destination. But if one stays on its surface too long, the harsh barrenness begins to become more apparent, especially near the old strip mine sites, where the grey layers below the glass dominates. The small planet was almost completely stripped during mining, the minerals found there were extremely rare.

Yon-7: Noble- The second gas giant in the system, and the last planetary body. Smaller than Miastat, but more valuable as well. High amounts of xenon and radon exist in its deeper layers. Two of its thirteen moons are habitable.

(If anyone's watched Cowboy Bebop, that's kind of what I'm going for. If you haven't watched Cowboy Bebop, I highly recommend that you do watch it.)

Rules (These are important this time)
No ponies.
No owls. (sorry ach, doesn't fit)
No GodModding
No OPness, most things you have access too will probably either be old or made in-system.
Non-biological psionics only, a mechanism must be provided for telekinesis. (purely biological telepathic and empathic abilities are okay)

I'll make sure to update status of bounties. Being a bounty hunter isn't necessary, however.

Application

Image:

Name:

Race:

Profession:

Personality:

Unique abilities (optional):

Brief backstory:

(optional) THEME MUSIC!:

If anyone has any suggestions for rules, application, or any other part of this OP, I will take heed.

CURRENT EVENTS

Bounties:
Spoiler:

PLAYERS
Spoiler:

FUN/FATAL FACTS
Spoiler:

LOCATIONS
Spoiler:

Last edited by MercurySteam on Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:44 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

The Frontier Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 11:40 pm

I'm protesting the exclusion of owls.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

The Frontier Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 11:41 pm

Tiel+ wrote:
I'm protesting the exclusion of owls.
Your protest has been noted and promptly dismissed.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

The Frontier Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 11:47 pm

This is the...9th one this month? Or was it the 10th? I can't remember.

All I can say is that removing owls with no cause whatsoever isn't going to make it more successful than the other 6 or so.
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

The Frontier Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 11:51 pm

Tiel+ wrote:
This is the...9th one this month? Or was it the 10th? I can't remember.

All I can say is that removing owls with no cause whatsoever isn't going to make it more successful than the other 6 or so.
You haven no proof.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

The Frontier Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 11:52 pm

I'm steering this in a more, shall we say, refined direction. Owls and ponies and such just don't really fit into the style that I'm working toward.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

The Frontier Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 11:53 pm

No more RP's until current ones are DEAD and GONE. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

The Frontier Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 12:21 am

Quadraxis wrote:
No more RP's until current ones are DEAD and GONE. Sorry.
Are we enacting the system then?
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

The Frontier Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 10:20 pm

It seems that most of the other RPs are either dead or dying. On your order, Fen.

E: K, I'm just being impatient.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

The Frontier Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 12:08 pm

FYI: Still lots of slots in Galactic Conquest (Empire RP - the only thing disallowed is the normal meta/powergaming or OPness) adn the Grounded individual RP has been revived.

If you can think of something else, maybe Lambda Leonis style, that might work?
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

The Frontier Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 12:16 pm

John Bender wrote:
FYI: Still lots of slots in Galactic Conquest (Empire RP - the only thing disallowed is the normal meta/powergaming or OPness) adn the Grounded individual RP has been revived.

If you can think of something else, maybe Lambda Leonis style, that might work?
Neutral

Spoiler:

thats some cool information you have there.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

The Frontier Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 12:18 pm

/sarcasm

YOU suggested we limit the RPs, not me, mate.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

The Frontier Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 12:30 pm

John Bender wrote:
/sarcasm

YOU suggested we limit the RPs, not me, mate.
Aye, I did, but I haven't heard any indication that we've begun using the system from Fenway, which is why I asked about it earlier in the thread. I'm waiting for Fen's permission to start this.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

The Frontier Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 1:23 pm

Not yet, we'll see how Grounded works out.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

The Frontier Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 10:13 pm

Now?
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

The Frontier Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 12:15 am

no.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

The Frontier Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 7:50 pm

How 'bout now?
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

The Frontier Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 8:28 pm

No means no. Locked because Mercury doesn't understand that.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

The Frontier Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 11:21 pm

Unlocked. You may now proceed with Lambda Leonis clone #66
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

The Frontier Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 11:39 pm

I've been holding onto this one for too long, Fen

Name: IES-07345203, self named 'Wayward'

Race: IES-Type Android

Profession: Wanderer

Personality: Jaded, patient, apathetic, psychopathic

Unique abilities: Due to being an android she has enhanced reflexes, strength, agility, and can store large amounts of information as well as process it in nanoseconds. Also has basic short-range sensors and is much harder to damage and kill than most biological life.

Brief backstory: Like all IES-Type androids, she was a servant. Wayward was an assistant on an archaeological ship that was last surveying the surface of Dria before an 'accident' occurred causing the ship to crash. She was among the survivors, which there are now none of besides her, she has wandered the wasteland with few supplies and carrying only that which was deemed of importance. The trail left from the site is full of blood and fire, all crossing the wrong path dead.

THEME MUSIC!:
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

The Frontier Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 5:46 pm

Oh, good. Now I can do stuff. I've added an age and image (optional) in the application. If you've already submitted an app, don't worry about it unless you just want to. Which means Vinyl doesn't have to about it. Unless he wants to worry about it. Then he can worry about.

The Frontier VBfZkrA

Name: R'Tec Vamhal

Race: Human

Profession: Smuggler, Bounty hunter, assassin, anything for the right price.

Personality: Quiet, observant, addicted to the a drug known to the inhabitants of Dria.

Unique abilities (optional): Hyperawareness when on the drug, fighting skills

Brief backstory: R'Tec was born and raised on Dria, in one of the remaining subterranean mining communities. As the other children of the Desert, he was taught in survival and various modes of fighting. Like most, he became addicted to the seemingly omnipresent stimulant found in the planet's deep soil. When he came of age, he left the community and began illegally transporting the drug and doing work for various Syndicates. In the last few years, he's kept his smuggling and other illegal activities to a minimum, instead focusing on bounty hunting.

(optional) THEME MUSIC!:

Last edited by MercurySteam on Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

The Frontier Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 10:39 pm

Image:
The Frontier Archer10

Name: Asimov

Race: Robotic-Human Cyborg Hybrid

Profession: Collector

Personality: Highly variable (see below), but by default, a cold, emotionless outlook, quiet, reserved, and usually friendly.

Unique abilities (optional): Uses a custom-built Plasma Bow, created over 50 years. Able to quickly shift personalities and alter appearance in order to conform to a person's tastes and preferences.

Brief backstory: Little is known about Asimov's distant past, and if Asimov knows anything, he never mentions it. What is known is his deeds. He has been collecting incredibly rare, valuable items for decades. Nobody really knows his motives, nor what he does with these items. He just acquires them, through some means or another. For the most part, these exchanges are honest- a few trades here, a contract there, and the item is his, never to be seen again. Other times he resorts to shadier means- an assassination here, a few forged wills there, and he inherits the item. There are only two people in the world who know him- both of them are on death row for high treason. His presence is rarely noticed until he's gone; when the murders and thefts and possibly arrests pop up in the news, he's well on his way to the next target. His actions, unfortunately, have not gone unnoticed- He is wanted by 15 separate governments for Grand Theft, Assassination, Forgery, Treason, and countless other charges.

He's been in Yon for 15 years now.

(optional) THEME MUSIC!:
Back to top Go down
Luna
Recruit
Recruit
Luna

The Frontier Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 12:51 am

Description (cause I couldn't find a picture): Average height, long dark hair, fittingly aqua colored eyes, slender body, narrow hips.

Name: Crescent

Profession: Citizen made law enforcement

Personality: Shoot first ask questions later, very full of herself, likes attention.

Unique abilities (optional): Looker, very attractive (only works on human males and gay human females). Excellent swimmer and can hold her breath for a while.

Brief backstory: Born and raised in Pura, she learned to swim before she had a full grasp of language. Always the adventurous one of the family she was eager to explore the universe only to find the system of Yon. She doesn't like or use lethal weapons currently pilots this beauty. a craft of her own making it is known by the locals as the Sunfish because of it's shape and color. The red actually helps the ship blend into the water as red is a short wavelength and doesn't travel through water well (it's true look it up).

Ship
Spoiler:

(optional) THEME MUSIC!: I'm not the Doctor I know but change a few of the lyrics and it works out.
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

The Frontier Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 11:03 am

Image: [No image found. Error possibly due to following: -End of the universe -Lack of drawing skillz -Complete digital collapse]
Description: Imagine a mexican gunslinger in the wild west. Now, imagine that guy in like the year of 2200 or something.

Name: Rico Camaro

Profession: Bounty hunter, mercenary

Personality: Quiet, loyal to whoever pays him, doesn't trust people all that easily. Doesn't like traveling with people with little fighting/survival skills.

Unique abilities: Travels in a customized battlemech equipped with dual laser cannons and machine guns, is skilled with cannons and rifles. Apparently only knows two emotions: calm and annoyed.

Brief backstory: Rico served in the 5th mech division of the Zuguthian section of the Technotronic army. However, he was fired when it was shut down due to most of the mech pilots in the division being incompetent and a waste of money. Rico was allowed to keep his mech, because he had replaced so much of it that it was no longer defined as property of the Technotronic army.
After being fired, Rico brought his mech to the Yon system; he had heard rumors of this borderline lawless place, and saw it as an opportunity to start a new life. He now travels the sands of Dria, offering his guns to anyone with money.

Last edited by Daynel on Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

The Frontier Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 1:14 pm

Image: [Not Found.]

Name: Kevin M. Ryan

Profession: Combination smuggler and semi-legit supply pilot.

Personality: Quirky, at best. Warped sense of humor, and a hell of a lot of general nastiness, but he's not bad, per se. Just seen a lot of bad.

Unique abilities (optional): Due to an odd genetic defect, he doesn't register pain. This means a) he might miss something important (like a gash in his arm) but he can function easily regardless of injuries.

Brief backstory: Born to a pair of smugglers and growing up working in space, Kevin has always stayed on the not-quite-criminal line. After his parents were killed by a rival smuggler, Kevin slowly began assuming the job of running the, ah, "family business". He gravitated to this system, and has worked here for a month now.

(optional) THEME MUSIC!:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Frontier Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Frontier
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next