Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

The Frontier

Go down 
+7
Soul of Jack
Groot
_Shadowcat_
Luna
Joel
Tiel+
MercurySteam
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

The Frontier - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 12:41 am

Now heading towards the city, an all channels transmission was heard. Based on the data she'd been collecting on the debris, the conclusion that it was in fact a damaged fighter could be made. However, a part of the message stood out, "...nuclear-tipped warheads!"
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 9:15 am

Kevin picked up most of the garbled transmission from his station. cursing loudly, he slapped the ramp close button, gunned the throttle, and yanked back on the stick, sending the ship rocketing up into the sky.

Searching with sensors and naked eye, he spotted the ship arcing towards the town. Loosing another cuss, he yanked his own ship around in a long arc, coming up behind the smaller ship. He carefully nulled his relative velocity, then moved in. Nudging RCS and engine controls, he moved under it and gently made contact with the underside. Hoping to hell the flat top of his own ship would keep it from sliding off, he pulled up, bringing the other vessel with him.

He glanced at the navicomp- their projected course would fling the ship far out into the deep desert. Breathing a sigh of relief, he began to slowly bring down the throttle. The plasma bloom surrounding them began to fade. Calling back to his passenger (who was slightly tossed around), Kevin said, "Sorry about that, mate. Can you try to contact the folks in that vessel on our hull? I would, but I've gotta keep us from becoming a smear on the landscape."

OOC: Sorry, Fen. I would've shot you down, but I'm lacking in guns. But I think you'd prefer to not be shot down.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
Back to top Go down
Luna
Recruit
Recruit
Luna

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 12:50 am

"How is she handling?" Nelson's voice flooded through the speakers
"She doing fine, water controls aren't affected," She responded looking around at the displays.
"Good, next step is to get her out of the water."
"Ehh... I don't know if she is ready, I'll just turn back and we can continue to work on it tomorrow right?"
"Crescent," He said in a firm voice. "I am 100% sure the Sunfish is ready for flight. It's you who isn't ready. Now take a firm grip of the control stick like it's your boyfriends..."
"Ok... lets not go there, don't even have a boyfriend," She said rolling her eyes.
"I was going to say hand but if you want to say that, we can do that as well," He said laughing. "But just grab the joystick and pull up. Once it detects the air it will go straight into flight mode."
"Ok, hand, joystick, pull, got it!" she spoke quickly and nervously. She wrapped her fingers one by one around it and closed her eyes while pulling it towards her. The ship jerked up and accelerated when it broke the water. She opened her eyes to find the ocean below her.
"Sounds like you're out of the water. How is it?"
"I... I'm..." She stammered.
"Yes you are flying, now take control before you run into something."
"Wait..." She rolled the craft over upside down. "Did you instal the anti-gravity generator already?"
"Oh, yeah! If you want there is a switch that turns it off."
"I'll keep the anti-grav on right now," She said smiling and testing the Sunfish's flight capabilities.
"Hey how long are you going to stay out there? I have an important uhh... thing to get to," he complained.
"Ok, fine i'll head back," she sighed. "I'll head out on my own tomorrow and try to register with the planets own control base system."
"Glad to hear, now touch down into the water is the exact opposite, you want to slow down and..."
"I got it," she cut him off again.

Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 4:24 am

Rico watched the events in the sky for a little while, then went inside once he assumed it to be not much of a problem.
He decided it would be a good idea to talk to the caravan people, discuss the details of the journey.

"So, you're the caravaners?" he asked a bunch of people sitting around a table.
"We are indeed. And you are the mech pilot the bartender was talking about?" the leader of the caravan responded.
"Rico Camaro, at your service. Now, what do I need to know before we set off?"
"We're transporting weapons to a little town just outside Dridac, they have... bandit problems."
"So what's my pay, and how long will the journey take?"
"Without your mech slowing us down, we would probably only need a day, maybe even half a day if lucky. That's the good thing with working in the shallows, you can use motor vehicles without drawing attention from sand worms."
He took a sip of his drink.
"With your mech, however, we'll probably take two days, something like that. But we'll have a hard time staying safe from bandits and desert creatures without it."
"Why not just load the mech onto one of the vehicles?"
The caravaners stared at each other.
"I... We... I hadn't thought of that. You sure it can stay stable and you'll still be able to fire?" the caravan leader said at last.
"Sure, I spend a thousand credits on special joints just so I could install a turret mode."
The caravan smiled.
"Then we have a deal! Woe to any bandits that dare try to raid us!"
Rico coughed.
"Oh, right, your pay. Um.. how about we discuss that upon arrival?"
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 11:26 pm

Asimov didn't see the ship coming up at an insane velocity below him. He was focused on disarming the nuclear warheads. He had three left- the bombs were incredibly simple. Pieces of shit, to be honest- the wires were all labeled. Classic mistake. He was disarming the third when the ship came up beneath him.

He was jolted as the ship caught the fighter, and he cut the wrong wire. He watched as multiple lights lit up, many red, and it began beeping. At this point, he jumped off, pushing the fighter off as much as he could. After a few seconds, he managed to dislodge it, and the fighter tumbled down again off of the ship. It wasn't a problem- if he was correct, it would detonate very soon. He jumped located a maintenance hatch and overrode the controls, entering the ship. He spotted the cockpit, and by extension, Kevin, who appeared relatively confused as to his presence. He walked up to him. "Warheads aren't a problem, but I suggest you get us out of here," he said in an exasperated tone.

"I was honestly expecting someone else mate, but no problem." The ship sped up and leveled off, now without the burden of the fighter on top of it. Seconds passed, and the ship was suddenly violently shook and rocked. After pulling himself up, Asimov checked the flight controls. Still flying. "I thought you said it wasn't a problem."

"That exploded a good 500 km above the surface, it won't have any lasting damage."

"Maybe the explosion won't, but what about the radiation?"

"Little, if any. No dust to irradiate."

"So no problems at all?"

"Given the magnetic structure of the planet, no."

"I hope you're right mate. Some of my instruments are failing."
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 12:03 pm

Kevin wrestled the controls around. "If you have any preference as to thwere you're dropped off, say now. Otherwise, I'll park you back in that town there."

To his other passenger, he hollered, "We've got osme minor repairs to do before we go offworld, mate. Sorry for the delay."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Frontier
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4